Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Copperhead ! (Registered 2024-05-08) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #572 : Groepaz
2007-12-26 22:31
FMan
Account closed

Handle id #572 : Groepaz

This person is a moderator here. However, he sets a bad example by entering a completely off-topic "review" for a demo release:

Also, what's up with this "sir" thing that people seem to do nowadays in place of a direct insult?

... 259 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-12-30 12:11
assiduous
Account closed

Quote: That doesn't change the fact that you were (are?) misusing this database for bug/version/tracking of HOXS64 and also misusing reviews under releases for posting emulator incompatibility remarks that are offtopic in the context of this database.

You're aparrently having problems with text comprehension. The moderator insulting me had nothing to do with anything of what you're writing here.

Anyway, this is the first time I hear emulator incompatibility remarks are offtopic here? cba, who is a moderator here, has been posting a lot of them here (shall I post the links here?), and no one complained about them? You are also way out of the element saying the I was misusing the database for version (?) of Hoxs64, it was Groepaz who spammed the database with tens of Hoxs64 versions. So unless you get the facts straight, please remain silent.
2007-12-30 13:53
CreaMD

Assiduous: As I said, the moderator public behaviour is discussed internaly. Let's hope noone will call you or other user names in future although that depends on how cooperative user is. Every moderator has his own ways of dealing with problems.

So if I get it right you edited single entry of HOX64 everytime when it changed and if I get it right you also changed the release date of the entry accordingly everytime new version was released. Which would make the entry appear in the latest releases. At least I noticed such thing was happening here for a short period of time when latest releases contained HOX64. Editing of the same entry and changing/shifting it's release date constantly was wrong. I think that having single version entries for older releases of HOX64 in this database is also wrong and if that would depend on me I would remove it all but that's not on me to decide.

As for CBA reporting emulator bugs I will check it, if that is common agreement to tolerate such thing I will remove my yes-vote on your ban too.
2007-12-30 15:36
assiduous
Account closed

Quote:
So if I get it right you edited single entry of HOX64 everytime when it changed and if I get it right you also changed the release date of the entry accordingly everytime new version was released. Which would make the entry appear in the latest releases. At least I noticed such thing was happening here for a short period of time when latest releases contained HOX64. Editing of the same entry and changing/shifting it's release date constantly was wrong. I think that having single version entries for older releases of HOX64 in this database is also wrong and if that would depend on me I would remove it all but that's not on me to decide.

OK dude look:

-when I was doing the horrible transgression of editing the single entry of Hoxs64 to always reflect up-to-date and accurate information, there was 1 Hoxs64 entry in the latest releases. OK, that might have been wrong, but nobody complained, then Groepaz stepped in and told that rules was rules and each version had to be in a separate entry. When I was trying to argue that no one really cares about the old versions and this will introduce a severe clutter in the database, another moderator felt the need to insult me by calling me an ass (oh yeah I forgot, every moderator has his own ways of dealing with problems and differing opinions).
-then Groepaz carried his rules into effect. As a result Hoxs64 literally dominated the latest releases list. People were annoyed by that. What's more , tens of LOCKED entries with old Hoxs64 versions appeared, often with no download links, screenshots etc. Eventually he had to put an end to the drama he'd started himself and came up with a "brilliant" idea of circumventing the problem by editing entries to state an incorrect release date. LOL what a shame he used to leave these entries unchanged later which I pointed out to Perff.

Quote:
As for CBA reporting emulator bugs I will check it, if that is common agreement to tolerate such thing I will remove my yes-vote on your ban too.

"Tolerate such thing". LOL sounds as though reporting emulator bugs insults your family. Anyway I reckon,and I believe it's not an uncommon point of view,some people might find emu-bugs info more useful than dull reviews like "oh,this is great", "oh,this is shit". Believe it or not, some people use emulators to check out the stuff and the fact that something doesn't work correctly might lead them into believing that there's something wrong with the production itself. And they will complain in the comments instead of shifting to a more accurate emulator. 100% support for cba in this respect.
2007-12-30 15:48
TDJ

Can't we all just agree that when something doesn't work 100% on an emulator, it's the production that bugs and not the emulator? That would solve the problem with all those different emulator versions (since they are already perfect, therefore no new versions are needed).

God I'm a genius.
2007-12-30 16:45
CreaMD

Quote: Quote:

OK dude look:

-when I was doing the horrible transgression of editing the single entry of Hoxs64 to always reflect up-to-date and accurate information, there was 1 Hoxs64 entry in the latest releases. OK, that might have been wrong, but nobody complained, then Groepaz stepped in and told that rules was rules and each version had to be in a separate entry. When I was trying to argue that no one really cares about the old versions and this will introduce a severe clutter in the database, another moderator felt the need to insult me by calling me an ass (oh yeah I forgot, every moderator has his own ways of dealing with problems and differing opinions).
-then Groepaz carried his rules into effect. As a result Hoxs64 literally dominated the latest releases list. People were annoyed by that. What's more , tens of LOCKED entries with old Hoxs64 versions appeared, often with no download links, screenshots etc. Eventually he had to put an end to the drama he'd started himself and came up with a "brilliant" idea of circumventing the problem by editing entries to state an incorrect release date. LOL what a shame he used to leave these entries unchanged later which I pointed out to Perff.

Quote:

"Tolerate such thing". LOL sounds as though reporting emulator bugs insults your family. Anyway I reckon,and I believe it's not an uncommon point of view,some people might find emu-bugs info more useful than dull reviews like "oh,this is great", "oh,this is shit". Believe it or not, some people use emulators to check out the stuff and the fact that something doesn't work correctly might lead them into believing that there's something wrong with the production itself. And they will complain in the comments instead of shifting to a more accurate emulator. 100% support for cba in this respect.

I'm glad to find out that you sound pretty logical and sane. For myself I apologise that I misjudged you. As for other moderators next time you have problem to accept some solutions try to use "contact moderators" link to discuss the situation.

As for "not working in emulator" is concerned I still think this is offtopic. This is not an emu-scene database. The fact that release doesn't work in emulator isn't problem of the release itself but a problem of emulator therefore such thing should be sent to developer of the emulator and not added into REVIEW or GOOF sections.
2007-12-30 16:59
TDJ

Now why not add a a link to the release that doesn't work 100% perfectly in the entry of the emulator itself?
2007-12-30 17:15
Danzig

@creamd: i disagree! this whole praised "scene" wouldn't exists in it's actual manner without emulators. nowadays complete demos are crossdeveloped on pc with emulators! i remember a xenon-demo that didn't worked on the real thing :)

people plug their usb-joysticks/gamepads in their pc and play games on emulator... do you REALLY think one will download each and every shit in here and transfer it?
2007-12-30 17:52
Oswald

"would be really glad if you stopped misusing this thread for your own propaganda even when it is related."

roman, pointing fingers and then right after that you grab something totally offtopic for a personal attack against assiduous because he judges the moderator team ? ammazing. ridiculous. I have no words really.

he has so ammazingly right, read it once again:

If moderators cannot keep a certain level of good manners, then they should be moderated rather than be moderating.

your post should have been deleted according to the rules right away. but looks like rules are only applied here when someone talks about commercial games should be hosted.
2007-12-30 18:47
CreaMD

Quote: @creamd: i disagree! this whole praised "scene" wouldn't exists in it's actual manner without emulators. nowadays complete demos are crossdeveloped on pc with emulators! i remember a xenon-demo that didn't worked on the real thing :)

people plug their usb-joysticks/gamepads in their pc and play games on emulator... do you REALLY think one will download each and every shit in here and transfer it?

Naah. I didn't speak about that at all. ;-) I'm pragmatic.
2007-12-30 19:16
Joe

Again, can someone please tell me why WD grew in numbers of active/inactive members on the list; going from 10 till 19 due to the mentioned moderator in this thread.

I guess someone made some mistake.

And surely we should delete some of them double entries soon enough!
/James Svärd [Joe/Wrath Designs]
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 27 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
mutetus/Ald ^ Ons
csabanw
FABS/HF
Fritske
Unlock/Padua/Albion
A3/AFL