Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #572 : Groepaz
2007-12-26 22:31
FMan
Account closed

Handle id #572 : Groepaz

This person is a moderator here. However, he sets a bad example by entering a completely off-topic "review" for a demo release:

Also, what's up with this "sir" thing that people seem to do nowadays in place of a direct insult?

... 259 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-10-19 17:21
chatGPZ

<Post edited by chatGPZ on 20/10-2013 01:22>

Quote:
But I was suprised to see that one of my review posts got censored, even though it didn't contain any religious or anti-nazi propaganda.

all two deleted posts of yours i can find have been deleted because basically they wouldnt make sense anymore after the deletion of a bunch of other offending posts you were relating to. (basically they both say "please stop that shit here" :)) it also was in 2009, when there was an uproar and ppl demanding such actions. we do it *very* seldomly these days as you might have noticed :)

as for the thread necrophilia - i seriously think that most of this grudge from poland comes from the undoubtly existing language barrier. i know i have a hard time decyphering this bablefish-english most of the time, and more than once i could only guess what someone was trying to say. other than that i can assure you that there is no secret (or even open) conspiracy against poland. and we dont make a difference between polish sceners and german sceners. i find the thought of this hilarious to be honest. let alone the fact it apparently was important to quote a post from 5 years ago, about an issue that has been long resolved and forgotten.
2013-10-19 18:29
Bitbreaker

Besides that, congratulations to those who redundantly post csdb releases on facebook. I guess in a year or so, the internet will explode from the pressure of too much crap.

Also, if you make your presence dependent on a single (in your view) asshole, that i can just pity you. I consider so many people an asshole, and i am still there and active.

If anyone feels like more whining, go on, the laughs will be on my side :-)
2013-10-19 19:01
Slammer

Hein: It seems like Groepaz wants to moderate everything including the content of releases, and uses CSDb as a platform of doing so. If someone don't do as he wants, he starts a crusade against them and repeats his opinion over and over again accompanied by degrading remarks. Here is an example from the 'Bongo Linking Engine':
Quote:
User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz on 25 March 2013
its only the tip of the iceberg regarding this trainwreck. and that it wasnt fixed although well known says enough.

And later:
Quote:

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz on 10 April 2013
i just find it hilarious that someone would insist on this trainwreck of a documentation to be great stuff, thats all. and all i am doing is hinting at the fact that having someone rewriting it (and the on screen texts) in proper english would improve the whole "product" a lot.

and i am pretty confident that i am not the only one who wouldnt touch this stuff. a few comments on csdb mean nothing really.

There are plenty of more example like these. Now, if he was a normal user, he would just be an average bully the crowd, but in here he is the lead moderator (Well, at least the most active), and sets the tone in the forum. He should be moderating the forum, not launching unmotivated attacks agains people.
2013-10-19 19:32
Stainless Steel

Not taking any sides here, but it sounds like people think groepaz
shouldnt be allowed to voice his own opinion about things (such as a release on csdb) just because he's a moderator.
2013-10-19 20:13
Slammer

Stainless: Ofcause he is allowed the voice his opinion. But simply stating it again and again while telling how stupid he thinks people are because they don't share his view, and bad he think their releases are, kills a constructive discussion.

In the given example, he could simply just state once that the text needed some proofreading. Why use words like 'hilarious' and call it a 'train wreck', and use a sentence like "I am pretty confident that i am not the only one who wouldnt touch this stuff".

All the author did was making a release on csdb. Did he deserve this from a moderator?
2013-10-19 20:28
Kisiel
Account closed

Quote: Hein: It seems like Groepaz wants to moderate everything including the content of releases, and uses CSDb as a platform of doing so. If someone don't do as he wants, he starts a crusade against them and repeats his opinion over and over again accompanied by degrading remarks. Here is an example from the 'Bongo Linking Engine':
Quote:
User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz on 25 March 2013
its only the tip of the iceberg regarding this trainwreck. and that it wasnt fixed although well known says enough.

And later:
Quote:

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz on 10 April 2013
i just find it hilarious that someone would insist on this trainwreck of a documentation to be great stuff, thats all. and all i am doing is hinting at the fact that having someone rewriting it (and the on screen texts) in proper english would improve the whole "product" a lot.

and i am pretty confident that i am not the only one who wouldnt touch this stuff. a few comments on csdb mean nothing really.

There are plenty of more example like these. Now, if he was a normal user, he would just be an average bully the crowd, but in here he is the lead moderator (Well, at least the most active), and sets the tone in the forum. He should be moderating the forum, not launching unmotivated attacks agains people.

I fully agree with you.

This forum should encourage people to do better demos,gfx,msx or hardware no to offend people. If something happen like this, moderator should delete such a comment not MAKE this comment.This is difference between good moderator and bad.
For example:
Groepaz could say: Artphosis is a slide show worst then Animated Act, coding is on level as it was in middle 80's, only design keep this crap on level of 90's. Krill's loader make this demo not compatible to all drives... etc.
Yes, Greopaz it is sad but true, but also you are the moderator and you should moderate your comment about Artphosis a.s.a.p.

Another example:
Groepaz:
"as for the thread necrophilia - i seriously think that most of this grudge from poland comes from the undoubtly existing language barrier."

We call him nazi moderator because, Slammer comes from Denmark, Groepaz comes from Germany ;)
We are good, because we come from "P"oland
We have good coders, gfx and musicians to offend.

But finally you will be on this web site alone.
2013-10-19 21:55
iAN CooG

only an emo loser would leave "a site" when someone said to him even indirectly and less frankly, "fuck you lamer" =)
just ignore him.
2013-10-19 22:20
Kisiel
Account closed

Quote: only an emo loser would leave "a site" when someone said to him even indirectly and less frankly, "fuck you lamer" =)
just ignore him.

WTF ???
WHO gives a fuck for word "lamer"
Sorry no offence but you make up story as an argument.

"you iAN CooG, suck. stop the drugs. get help."
2013-10-19 22:42
Cruzer

You're all spoonfed brats :P
2013-10-19 22:49
Mr Wegi
Account closed

Practically my opinion of Groepaz was expressed under discussion Bongo linking engine and has remained unchanged. Groepaz to the delight of Mr. Danzig taught me English and Poland strangely writes in lowercase. This great lover of correct English. Funny and pathetic at the same time.

I love cute sayings demagogic remaining without logical rhyme or reason. So let us analyze it point by point.

"grudge from poland" - This argument is precipitated from your hand Slammer. So maybe change his nationality and is your right. Yes - You are big daddy moderator You can everything !!! Of course, I repeat - you maliciously written Poland in lowercase.

So you're saying that this is a language barrier makes the gap in the CSDB and this is the reason "grudge from poland". I will bring you the error. Booker lives for many years in England and certainly knows English better than you for sure.

From the first (and even before the first) post at Bongo linking engine know where you're going. Only you seemed like you're so smart and other people stupid. As I wrote you let it not seem to you that people do not think. People think may possibly want to roll than empty talk. Take it to the message.

Patting ourselves on the back and stroking big daddy Groepaz not change the truth and reality.

Browsing the forum I see your nonsensical posts. It simply trolled. Maybe one out of ten is valuable and brings something substantive to the discussion. But here you have to give, everywhere you must be fully and then it seems to you that you're so great. No you're not. You are laughable at best. Even if you do not have anything clever to say You feel obliged to speak out.

I also see in the forums are just looking for the moment when someone you do not like to say something wrong. Then, You with such alacrity retorts ... And so quickly. And of course it seems to you that you do not see your bias.

Oh, by the way. Under Biba 3 You were at an impasse or complained that there is a fair voting system. So I'll give you simple advice. Eliminate hidden vote and replace the public. It's hard to figure out?

So live each in their own little circle of adoration. Do not go out on their own matrix and be happy. But be aware that it shows. You will not change it any demagogic posts containing millions of empty words. You can cheating vote, you can vote for yourself and your circle of adoration, you can up/down voted anything.

But seriously Groepaz - even an idiot would have noticed.
Previous - 1 | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | ... | 27 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
psych
Viti/Hokuto Force
PARALAX/Zenzsoft / P..
curtcool
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
Didi/Laxity