Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > codebase64.org - again!
2007-06-01 14:08
Frantic

codebase64.org - again!

Hello!

Just wanted to inform you all that I was kindly offered to move the wiki to another server and I decided to do this, because of some minor technical issues with the previous one. That means:

the C64 codebase wiki changed servers again! :)

http://codebase64.org

This time everything seems to work as expected (including registration). Note that:

- The URL has changed once again (to codebase64.org).
- You are now required to register in order to modify or add contents (but reading is open for everyone of course). This is due to the results of the poll that was performed on the wiki where a clear majority wanted it to work this way. This also has the good side effect of making it visible who added what and so on.
- Users that tried to register on the previous server are added in the userlist, and should recieve email notifications about that. Note that you can change the passwords assigned to you if you want to do that. (Press the "Update Profile" button when logged in.)

Concerning the future of the wiki, I will now look into the possibilities and options for adding a discussion forum to the wiki.

I also want to say thank you to all the people that added info so far. They way I see it, there is quite a lot of stuff in there now!

So, now go on and add stuff again. ;)

//FTC

... 26 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-06-22 21:44
Stryyker

Oswald: I meant it would be a good inclusion to add profile options so timezones could be done better.
2007-06-23 08:11
Mace

I noticed that the raster IRQ is explained in more than one article. In the future, we might want to organise article (by removing or adding parts) in such a way that if you read a few, you aren't reading the same thing over and over.
2007-06-23 12:04
spindizzy
Account closed

Perhaps it is a good idea to make a Tutorial about self modifying code if you want with samples (small, big, bigger...), beause it is often used in Demo Codes an in common ml literature it is not explained very good !

;)
Spindizzy
2007-06-23 12:41
Oswald

selfmodding is pretty straightforward. spindizzy you are free to create the article about it :)
2007-06-23 14:02
chatGPZ

Quote: I noticed that the raster IRQ is explained in more than one article. In the future, we might want to organise article (by removing or adding parts) in such a way that if you read a few, you aren't reading the same thing over and over.

imho it was a really bad idea to make different pages for "sourcecodes" and "articles", for exactly that reason. afterall, every good article should come with example code anyway - and every good example source should be well commented. also the index page for each are very similar.

i think it would be better to have one index page that links to both, articles and sources, to avoid a lot of duplication.
2007-06-23 14:26
Oswald

Groepaz. I've been thinking about this aswell, but you have the solution \o/

we need articles & sourcecodes united. then a note behind each title wether it has explanations or not. article or not. plain source or not.
2007-06-23 14:48
chatGPZ

i thought about something like this:

* Math
** fixed point introduction [article]
** multiplication [article] [source]

...etc...

could be a bit messy in the beginning maybe, but as soon as a certain useful structure has been found out it should be much better than it is now
2007-06-23 19:56
Frantic

Feel free to change this. I agree with you. (Or maybe I'll do it myself tonight or so.) I suggest we adopt precisely the kind of system that Groepaz proposed.
2007-06-24 00:24
Frantic

EDITED POST:
Ok, so now I have merged the two sections (sourcecode and articles). Since this, of course, resulted in a very huge bloated page, I have now also made an attempt to give more structure to wiki. In fact, I restructured the whole wiki A LOT. I hope you find it useful. Feedback is welcome, and as usual, feel free to edit things yourself.

The "VIC and Demo Coding" section is currently quite messy, as I just merged these sections from the previous pages. If someone feels like structuring this page a little better, it would be very welcome.

I also want to say that I find it very inspiring with all these added articles from various people during the last week. Thanks a lot for these!

2007-10-13 02:45
Oswald

Frantic, I have added & written a few new articles, hope you are now overjoyed ;)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
swasti
algorithm
Berluskåni/The Gump..
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
mutetus/Ald ^ Ons
Guests online: 91