Intro Creation Competition 2022
- Demos that look like Intros 1k/2k/8k Compo + 8K Crack Intro
Event Type :
8 December 2022 - 29 January 2023
Organizer Groups :
Competition Results :
C64 1K Intro
C64 2K Game
C64 Fast Intro
Productions released outside compos :
Attendants : (23)
4gentE, Black, Danko, Didi, Don Kichote, Dr.J, Freeze, Hein, Kronos, MCM, Pajda, Papapower, Pepis, Shine, Slaxx, Sleeper, TheRyk, tNG, Toxic, Trident, Twilight, uka, Wacek
Submitted by TheRyk on 10 December 2022
|obligatory RULES for ALL categories|
- works on a vanilla C64 (PAL standard) without any extensions
- 1 part intro, however, fade-ins and fade-outs are allowed
- shows at least one logo
- displays a changing/moving text message (e.g. scrolltext, text fading in/out...)
- has to be interruptable by SPACE
- no ripped or vastly recycled code; ripped gfx/music is allowed
- not released before entering the competition
- executable format startable with RUN
- Using other VIC-Banks than %11 is forbidden, so don't use RAM higher than $3FFF (IO and Vectors in page $FF are ok).
- crunched range is $0801 till maximum $27ff
- contains music
- is linked to this competition as "C64 Fast Intro" entry (lacking a more fitting category)
- crunched range is $0801 till maximum $0fff
- is linked to this competition as "C64 2K Game" entry (lacking a more fitting category)
- crunched range is $0801 till maximum $0bff
- is linked to this competition as "C64 1K Intro" entry
- get this .prg file and link it at $2000 (ranges till $CFFF)
e.g. in ACME
- $2000-$CFFF must be the same before RUN and after SPACE press
- link your file to this competition as "C64 WiLD Demo" entry
Maximum 2 entries per participant and category, i.e. max. 8 altogether.
However, entries are allowed to be withdrawn from the compo in favour of new entries until deadline.
Deadline for entry submission is 29th Jan 2023, 23:59:59 CET.
Then voting will start and run till 14th Feb 2023, 23:59:59 CET.
CSDb votes will NOT decide the result, there will be some half-smart alternative external solution,
anyone with a CSDb account will be granted access to voting, self-votes will be eliminated.
No material prizes can be won, though, apart from eternal fame and the mere fun of competing.
PS: I reserve the right to disqualify entries for violating competition rules or human rights, but as I value freedom of speech and art highly, this will hopefully not be necessary; just follow the rules, use common sense and don't be a dick, pretty please.