Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Votesystem FAIL
2009-11-18 06:54
jailbird

Votesystem FAIL

OK, so why the vote system still exists, especially after all the devastating things it produces, is absolutely way beyond me.
It's rarely a representation of an objective, summarized opinion of the community. Either it's a playground for immature ding-dong fights I've had the luck to experience the last time in kindergarten, or it's simply a place for good old fashioned circlejerks.

I second Scout. At least I second the notion that this isn't really a place where I'd like to spend my spare time.

The constant pop-ups of topics considering the defecting vote-system is clearly a sign of something not working here the way it should. And yet, the cry ups keep getting ignored. For years.

Captain obvious is here to present you two options. One is to finally fix it, the other is to remove it for good. The latter one would be probably the best for all of us. And I think I'm speaking in the name of 99% of CSDb users here when I say that. Time to realize we are not IMDb with hundreds of millions of users, where a similar voting model works (more or less). Here, it's flawed and it simply fails on many, many levels

Pretty pretty please. Dudes who make and administer this site. Your work is fucking damn appreciated. I'd suck of all of you without a single second of consideration.

But for fucks sake.

... 187 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2009-11-21 12:49
A Life in Hell
Account closed

for me, voting is the #1 reason i don't release anything anymore.
2009-11-21 13:03
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Quote: Quoting The Dark Judge
I've given up.

Yeah, seems that the unfortunate strategy of the devs/mods considering the solution of this topic works very well.

Heard.

I dont think i have more to say, its in the hands of the gods now.

Ive given up, i have a little hope, but thats all.
2009-11-21 13:04
Oswald

"And please don't tell me that none of you ever felt utterly annoyed (or at least slightly confused) when someone was nonchalantly placing a "1" to all of the releases you and/or your friends spent days, or weeks, or months, or years of work. That, without a single word of explanation."

yeah, or what if they write negative comments! we should have the csdb police to monitor IRL all csdb activities with holding a gun to the head ppl who are browsing :)
2009-11-21 13:17
jailbird

@Oswald: for once and for all, a negative comment or criticism isn't the same as sneaky, anonymous downvoting.

The anonymous downvotes here are almost without exceptions, done by passive-aggressive morons, with clearly bad intentions. Don't tell me that negative criticism is made in the same manner.
2009-11-21 13:24
Oswald

so a negative comment on a release having been worked on for weeks, months, years, is not a turd in your face? ? :)

I recall Dane's jealous trolling on Desert Dream was really priceless. :) ("this demo doesnt deserves this hype", etc shit)
2009-11-21 13:32
jailbird

Quoting Oswald
so a negative comment on a release having been worked on for weeks, months, years, is not a turd in your face? ? :)

Why would it be? And especially if the commenter explains to me why is he negative about the product. I could even learn from that, and I could accept that any time without a single spark of annoyance.

Well as long as no one will comment something like, "Dude, I hate you, your shitty face, your bloody works, I wish you wouldn't release here anything any more. I would piss on you if you'd be near me.", I'll be more than fine. :)

A negative comment is still very very far from a downvote.
2009-11-21 13:34
jailbird

Quoting Oswald
I recall Dane's jealous trolling on Desert Dream was really priceless. :) ("this demo doesnt deserves this hype", etc shit)

At least he had the guts to tell you that face to face.

You do realize that there is a slight difference between "I don't like this product because..." (most of the negative comments around here) and "I hate you, mutherfucker but I am too afraid to tell that in your face!!! But AARRRRGGH, nevertheless!!!" (what a downvote actually means), right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never seen a "This is utter shit. Period."-like comment for a solid product. As that is kind of the equivalent for a "1" vote.
2009-11-21 14:23
Oswald

The equation is simple: both negative comments and downvotes will hurt feelings. any type of feedback can. anonymous or not, thumb system or 1-10,whatever does not change this.
2009-11-21 14:27
jailbird

Quoting Oswald
The equation is simple: both negative comments and downvotes will hurt feelings. any type of feedback can. anonymous or not, thumb system or 1-10,whatever does not change this.

The difference is, you could actually respond to a negative comment and you could defend your work if the comment is hurting you. A downvote is simply a slap and run.

A comment is a two-way interaction, a downvote is a passive-aggresive way to hurt the other.

Also note, not a single person boosted voice on the forum against negative comments yet, how's that?
2009-11-21 14:35
SIDWAVE
Account closed

thats what i been saying all along, that anonym vote takes away my possibility to defend my work against the ignorant or person who dont understand my work.

as releasing artist, i seek to make the audience understand my visions, in words, music, or visuals, combined or not.

the more interaction i have with the audience, the more fun.

anonym vote, and run away = no synergy
Previous - 1 | ... | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
iAN CooG/HVSC
kbs/Pht/Lxt
REBEL 1/HF
JEZ
Krill/Plush
Guests online: 86