Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user psenough ! (Registered 2024-05-21) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Fake Groups and releases
2002-02-21 20:16
Carcass

Fake Groups and releases

There should definately be a "fake group" category, for groups like Afros, Chyna Synderome, and so on...

And "fake release" for fake demos and releases like FAME/SAGA...

... 12 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2002-05-12 20:54
Richard

Quote: There should definately be a "fake group" category, for groups like Afros, Chyna Synderome, and so on...

And "fake release" for fake demos and releases like FAME/SAGA...

I admit that I did a fake group (DLX), but it was surely a large waste of time. Besides, who would have wanted to see a massive release of SEUCKs by my brother anyway? I admit, they were crap, so I released 'em as 'Da Laxatives' A bit silly of course, but no more, coz I don't want to do any more. And also SEUCKs should be a thing of the past.
2003-01-13 02:51
goldfish
Account closed

We started CSI (China Syndrome Inc.) with a couple of locals who just weren't up for the job (no talent, no dedication & no vision).

Some of the CSI cracks were imported into the States, I think by FBR.

After a short while we (PWP & myself) got rid of the dead weight & started up LEGEND together with people from Denmark, Holland, England and an occasional Norwegian or two.

There was an article in the papermag ILLEGAL that exposed LEGEND as being too cocky for their own good, not having proven anything yet but already taking the internationalist approach.

The attitude problem remained, I guess...

Later on, games (mostly commercial ones) that were really too lousy to be released under the [L] label were released by CSI and imported into the US by LRU (Lamers'R'Us), the non-quality label of NEC/NEI.

At that time, the memberlist of CSI consisted of some original CSI-members like GARFIELD and WARSHIP completed with WWF wrestling stars like THE ANVIL and THE HITMAN.

the greetings-list of CSI mentioned other fake "lamergroups" and some real groups we were not really fond of.

As far as the Scene could be considered real, realities were definitely shifting where "lamergroups" were concerned.

GDF
2003-01-13 18:17
Richard

I been browsing at the FTPs and it appears that a new Swedish fake label is born.
2004-01-13 22:02
Westbam
Account closed

CSi released a whole bunch of lousy games back then. The highlight of CSi must have been the 1st release of Phileas Fogg´s Ballon Battles from Codemasters I think when they beat Dominators on it.

Westbam/Legend
2004-01-19 17:25
Tricket

Quote: CSi released a whole bunch of lousy games back then. The highlight of CSi must have been the 1st release of Phileas Fogg´s Ballon Battles from Codemasters I think when they beat Dominators on it.

Westbam/Legend

..beaten DOM? That can not be true!? haha
2004-01-19 20:21
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: ..beaten DOM? That can not be true!? haha

I ain´t kidding Jesper. It actually was a rather nice game to be correct. Brian (Excell) knew that Rebel had the game under progress aswell and he wanted to dick him over...

Afterall, I didn´t really like that situation because that game would have made an average first release for Legend but he did it. I never really understood why it should make Rebel angry anyhow not relasing it under Legend?!? But Excell´s relationship towards Dom or C42 must have been equal compared to the belgian Legenders vs. belgian F4CG guys or myself towards Action I guess...

Westbam / Legend
2004-01-19 23:19
Dishy

Couldn´t remember this game, so I just did some fast research on this one.;-)
Guess Westbam is right - the game doesn´t look that bad afterall. Zeppelin Games!

Phileas Fogg´s Ballon Battles - Zeppelin Games.

Links:

http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=1924

http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=5671&d=18&h=0

Dishy
2004-01-19 23:44
Westbam
Account closed

Thanks for you cooperation Dishy, but I was wrong anyhow. Rebel was a member of Deadline back then, no Dominators member so the story ain´t true completely...

I will try to dig up the CSI/LRU version in the meantime...

Westbam / Legend
2004-01-21 21:35
Tricket

..but I was kidding!.. =0)

I don´t even remember the release anyway!
2004-01-22 09:57
Radar
Account closed

@Westbam
As you just mentioned Action - I talked to Spitfire just recently. We wanted to meet in Hamburg and share some drinks, but somehow we didn't make it as we both were under time-pressure then.

@Tricket
Check out http://www.bitberry.com for Drake ;-)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
deetsay
MCM/ONSLAUGHT
Mike
Earthshaker/Silicon ..
Steffan/BOOM!
Icecube/Light