Registered: Nov 2011
Event id #2636 : Crack Intro Music Competition 2017|
After the geat success in 2013, the time has come for another Crack Intro Music Competition!
Several people have asked for it and finally it happens.
This time I have a skilled co-organizer with Jammer.
Competition runs from September 29, 2017, until October 29, 2017. So you have a full month to deliver your creations.
Please use this thread for questions, discussion and everything else concerning this competition.
THE RULES (same as in 2013, worked very well):
- max. playtime 1:00 min. (PAL playing speed), then repeat or fade.
- max. size: $1000 bytes (preferably located in memory at $1000-$2000)
- single speed only
- no SID model preference (should sound good on all SID models)
- must be handed in as executable format .sid or .prg (might be embedded in .t64 or .d64)
- no graphics or even intro-like presentation is allowed to be included.
- Productions using the music might be released after the voting deadline. The voting should be focused on the music itself.
- the participating musics may not have been released or used in a public production before.
- multiple entries per musician allowed.
Deadline for entry submission is October 29, 2017 at 23:59:59 (11:59:59 pm).
Voting closes one week later at November 6, 2017 at 23:59:59 (11:59:59 pm).
Voting platform is CSDb (with all disadvantages it may have), therefore entries have to be posted here.
Entries will be ranked by weighted average of CSDb votes. Entries with the same weighted average are ranked by their percentages of 10s, 9s, etc.
No prices to win, just the fame. May the best creation win!
... 83 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....
Registered: Nov 2002
Groepaz surely meant Pitchfork Magazine and now I have to tell, I'm really honoured! :D|
Registered: Aug 2004
Jammer just stop fooling around and bring back your tune to the compo!|
It's really silly as your tune was firstly released in the compo and that what counts!
Or.....it is well managed marketing around the tune as competition is tough ;)
Registered: Oct 2005
We need a voting committee with at least 100 people to get fair results... ;-)|
Registered: Nov 2003
next tracker compo:|
Registered: Oct 2004
Jammer put that tune back in - it isn't your fault.|
Registered: Nov 2002
Ok, if you guys say so... I'd probably regret throwing it out sooner or later :)|
Registered: Jun 2004
Well done, marketing queen, well done! :)|
Registered: Mar 2009
damn after so much great music you can't blame the notoriously lazy musicians... THEY can kick coders and crackers asses like "We delivered. Now make new intro and btw go do some decent crack ffs" :D|
Registered: May 2006
Quote: Well done, marketing queen, well done! :)|
Registered: Aug 2010
Jammer, put your tune back in. The rules has been adjusted before (thanks btw) and secondly, I would personally be flattered if people found my crack tunes good enough for their intro's - so enjoy the fame my friend.|
About 100 votes or more. I have a suggestion:
1) a PUBLIC vote system, but votes shouldn't be shown at all until the compo was over.
2) all entries without names...
3) people who wants to vote could sign up for being part of the commitie... (but this would also force them to give every single tune a vote from 1-10 - if not voted on, it would automatically become 9 or something... :-) )
So.. do I have to code that website myself to get that system?
|Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 - Next|