Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #86776 : Project One V0.6
2012-02-25 01:52
TWW

Release id #86776 : Project One V0.6

Oswald:

How do I change the BG collor when drawing in Koala in P1?

... 54 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2018-07-15 15:58
ptoing

What I found really weird in P1 is that you have to set the colours for the dither brush separately, instead of it just using the 2 colours you pick otherwise.

But yeah, if you are super comfy with it, that's cool.

For me personally, I hate having a tool that does not let me make mistakes, in terms of character clash. I doodle a lot, esp in early stages, though I now often start with 4 colours, which helps keeping errors low.

But say I wanna just draw something and not care too much about errors (still always keeping them in mind a bit), if I drew a line and went over some char that already has too many colours, it either not drawing there or changing one of the colours would just break my creative flow. But then again, I know that is specific to me.

I personally do not use Grafx2 either, I almost exclusively use ProMotion and then use PPolizei for error checking (newest version of PM can do mcol and such checks natively quite nicely, but I think the feature that lets you make an animation from undo history is not re-implemented yet. Have to actually look into that sometime soon)
2018-07-15 17:05
Isildur

Quote: What I found really weird in P1 is that you have to set the colours for the dither brush separately, instead of it just using the 2 colours you pick otherwise.

But yeah, if you are super comfy with it, that's cool.

For me personally, I hate having a tool that does not let me make mistakes, in terms of character clash. I doodle a lot, esp in early stages, though I now often start with 4 colours, which helps keeping errors low.

But say I wanna just draw something and not care too much about errors (still always keeping them in mind a bit), if I drew a line and went over some char that already has too many colours, it either not drawing there or changing one of the colours would just break my creative flow. But then again, I know that is specific to me.

I personally do not use Grafx2 either, I almost exclusively use ProMotion and then use PPolizei for error checking (newest version of PM can do mcol and such checks natively quite nicely, but I think the feature that lets you make an animation from undo history is not re-implemented yet. Have to actually look into that sometime soon)

hmm have you tried ALT+LMB/RMB?
Before C64Debugger I used only P1 for its extremely user friendly interface and neat converter.

I Also tried Grafx2 and always stuck on something. With Toolbox 1.4 it's more useful but still not as good as C64debugger or P1. Thumbs up for Jailbird and his newborn editor.
2018-07-15 17:52
ptoing

Isildur: No I have not. But I don't plan on installing P1 again. I don't think it does anything I can't do otherwise in a program I am a lot more comfortable with.

C64Debugger is probably not a great tool to use as a primary art program. Last time I tried it (which was quite a while ago), it was extremely resource hungry, which might be prohibitive on lower end machines.

Just gave C64Debugger a go, and I can see how it would be useful for tweaking, esp for weird modes with sprites and such. But as a primary art tool, no.

I want to have a proper tool set when I do art, I want to be able to easily copy paste stuff around, off grid if need be, things like lines, circles, what have you, all the kinda stuff you get in proper art packages. I simply do not have the time to go around with a single pixel brush on a char by char basis from start to finish. That stuff is for the polish phase, but then again, I guess some people also enjoy pixelling with a joystick or a keyboard. Whatever floats your boat.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fred/Channel 4
Flavioweb/🇮🇹HF..
celticdesign/G★P/M..
Durandal
Visage/Lethargy
spider-j