Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > Composers' real life
2009-03-27 07:48
Hermit

Composers' real life

Hi, 8bitters

I'm always wondering what the C64 composers are doing in real life, of course not their private lives but musical.

For example, I know that Reyn Ouwehand is a live instrumental musician, I'm very proud of it, but dunno about a lot others whom I rarely see on CSDB.

e.g. I've managed several times to get reply from Jeroen Tel, Shogoon, and I saw them with guitars on some pictures..and I'm very curious if they are playing in band or compose on other platforms, etc.

I love Cosmic and its alternative bass and also wondering during listening if Stainless Steel is a funky-musician.

If you have news about them to share with us, or if you are a composer and want to tell about your activities, it's the topic I think.
This can help us by knowing where they got the influences/motivation from, how they could make these great compositions.

E.g. I'm mainly a bass player & singer, I have a pop-band, but my best dream is to play in a C64 remixer band, like "Press Play On Tape."

If you're interested in this topic, I'm excitedly waiting for replies.
READY.

Hermit Software Hungary

... 92 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2009-03-27 13:12
Scout

Besides coding and composing (I really should finish all those worktunes....sometime) on the C64, I'm a semi-professional producer/live-act creating industrial electro (http://www.bs-1.nl).
I'm also part of the dutch acid dreamteam called 303 AllStars.

Being a technical engineer at a large ISP pays the bills.
2009-03-27 13:19
GT
Account closed

15 years ago I composed music for Funcom in Oslo. Long story short... At the most the C64 composers were: Jeroen Tel, Laxity, Danko and me. Mainly did music on SNES using Tim Follin's driver (where is those sources?), and some PC titles. After some years, and military service, I ended up in the musical instruments industry. Today I work for Fender Scandinavia. I play a little guitar and some keyboard. But I've never been interestet in playing in a band, or do remixes. Family: one 6-year old daughter, cat, house etc... I enjoy coding the C64 again by the way. And at some point before 1989 I enjoyed pixeling logos aswell. :-)
2009-03-27 13:55
Hermit

Guys! Linus - the given Myspace link - "If I never came home again" worths the listening...nice mixture of SID-sounds and the great female vocal.

Hermit Software Hungary
2009-03-27 14:10
Dane
Account closed

No music for me irl. I spread my propaganda at a nearby school.
2009-03-27 15:12
Merman

I know Ben Daglish has been playing in various bands, including the Loscoe State Orchestra and a Jethro Tull tribute band.

Reyn Ouwehand is a music producer.
2009-03-27 15:47
Radiant

At school I was involved with various one-shot live acts, as a keyboard, bass or guitar player. My main talent is singing though, which I basically only do in the privacy of my home (or if I get really drunk, but then I don't sing very well at all :-) ).

Working as a mobile device game programmer combined with having programming and creating scene music as hobbies leaves little time for any other pursuits in the musical area.
2009-03-27 16:23
Orcan

I always smiled because our situation in React group was very funny. Our c64 programmers MC Valach and Bimbas studied economy and I as c64 musician studied informatics. I know absolutely nothing about programming c64. In my real life I used to play the spanish guitar many times on university parties with my school mates. I really liked to play electric guitar for its metal sound (I listen mainly doom metal now). I made few musics in Fasttracker II. Two of them for documentary film. In a few days I will be a father like someone in this forum so my hobbies are going down very steeply.
2009-03-27 16:26
Hate Bush

from the top of my head:
Shogoon graduated from Wroclaw music academy (composition? i think), he also studied choral music. He composes modern music (a bad term i suppose, but i can't describe it better).
Moog writes VST plugins (http://www.d16.pl).
Longhair plays bass very skillfully, but he's not involved in any band at the moment.
Sidder plays guitar and keyboards, he did an EP recently, on his own (http://www.myspace.com/romanowskimarcin).
Wacek plays electronica under the handle Ender (http://razorpoint.pl).
Sage and Bzyk (under the handle Exbee) are both remixers.
The most spectacular career however belongs to Jacek Dojwa (producer for popular - and excellent - Polish electronica duo Husky), but he's from Atari and PC scene, sadly :)
2009-03-27 16:59
Hermit

Hehe, I was started composing a lot XM music after I sold my C64 in 2000, but now I see what poor quality was it on my 8bit
digital SBPRO, compared to "analog" SID sounds..:)

I'm happy to hear that Shogon has high degree in music - as I expected. It would be great to hear some of his recent live-recordings if some exists....& also from Longhair!

I see,a lot of C64 musicians play sg., good news. If someone is interested in a remix-cooperation throurgh net, I'm happily opened for this issue....i have bass,jazz/sologuitar,keyb.

...And not to forget...I have an MSSIAH!!! (with MIDI port)

Hermit Software Hungary
2009-03-27 18:53
Jammer

randall, what about me, shithead? :P for a regular yet limited income, i teach english at language school and i've graduated from english philology but i also compose soundtracks for various games and other interesting productions such as tutorial movies for example. moreover, i aim for composing for a living and establishing my own project studio. i don't play any instrument though, however, i've discovered some preferences towards drums :P
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
bepp/ΤRIΛD
Menace/Spaceballs
saimo/RETREAM
trident
DKT/Samar
Grue/Extend