Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user tubesockor ! (Registered 2024-05-12) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Legend - the will of god...
2004-01-20 11:45
Westbam
Account closed

Legend - the will of god...

Unbelievable but true...

Delayed by almost 4(!) years the Legend memorial website is due to be launched imminently. If anyone of you guys still has some rare Legend releases we couldn´t dig up so far it would be great if you could send it to me...

Furthermore, if any old Legend members are on here, please get in touch with me aswell to fulfill your information. All Legenders can also receive their own "@legend64.com" e-mail address...

Special thanks for their co-effort so far must be given to Mason, Radar and Midfit for their great contributions...

Westbam / Legend (http://www.legend64.com)

... 79 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-01-23 11:06
Westbam
Account closed

However, I´d still like to gain some points of view concerning a C64 web page. Would you people rather look at a retro styled site or would you prefer an up to date design?
2004-01-23 12:42
Hero

Mike : when you are done with the Legend site, you can do one for ILLUSION....hehe or someone else who have the time.

Harry
2004-01-23 14:19
Radar
Account closed

Quote: However, I´d still like to gain some points of view concerning a C64 web page. Would you people rather look at a retro styled site or would you prefer an up to date design?

Well, it's a hard question to answer. For the sense it should be retro. Can't you make both and let the users choose when thy enter the site?
2004-01-26 11:01
Hero

Or : LEGEND & ILLUSION HQ.hehe
who could belive that for like 15years ago...!!!
gee we had some fun back there.

Harry

HERO / LEGEND & ILLUSION
2004-01-26 14:39
Oxbow

Quote: Well, it's a hard question to answer. For the sense it should be retro. Can't you make both and let the users choose when thy enter the site?

You could make one site and have 2 different stylesheets..
2004-01-26 14:45
Oxbow

the following url demonstrates one html design and various css templates (which i think is quite kewl):

http://www.mezzoblue.com/zengarden/alldesigns/
2004-02-03 22:57
Dishy

@Westbam: Hi! Were you also a part of Legend on the Amiga? As far as I know Legend did pretty well there, like Skidrow etc.

About the old Ikari folks Doc, Fletch, and Excell didn´t some of them go to the pc-scene? If so, were they also a part of LegendPC then?

Dishy

Dishy - keep the c64 alive - Dishy
2004-02-03 23:08
midfit
Account closed

Althrough it was directed towards Westbam, I'd like to tell some points out of my own experience with the name Legend and it's Amiga members. Legend Amiga had not much to do with the name Legend at all. I am sure Westbam can point that better out than me, he knows the background in this point better than me. And if he won't tell it here, I am sure you'll be able to read it on the upcoming homepage. However I have to add that Legend was never a serious game releasing force on the Amiga - sowith absolutly not leading according to the standards you may have set up in your posting (and surely no competition to Skid Row) - it was just a fixing/trainer group. At some stage they were leading the Trainer Scene, but loosing much of the grounds after the new Amiga Generation was released. Several groups like Hoodlum and/or Delirium took over then. Legend Amiga decided to go to the SNES then, where I actually had the pleasure to get good friend with the man behind the many good trainers.. His nick was NSC. He was responsible for the first Lightgun->Joypad fix on the SNES. This may sound easy according to nowadays standards, but you can believe me it was not :) As far as I remember we even planned to work together at one stage, but somehow this didn't worked out. The name Legend vanished from the Super Nintendo around beginning of 1995. And sowith also NSC.

Best regards,

-midfit!
2004-02-04 00:53
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: @Westbam: Hi! Were you also a part of Legend on the Amiga? As far as I know Legend did pretty well there, like Skidrow etc.

About the old Ikari folks Doc, Fletch, and Excell didn´t some of them go to the pc-scene? If so, were they also a part of LegendPC then?

Dishy

Well, Midfits reply is correct so I can cut my answer short. No original member of Legend on the 64 was part of the Amiga section, the onyl connection had been Powerplant being a friend of some members.. They asked if they could use the name and we originally wanted to turn them down but didn´t in the end. They never made it in the cracking scene but had some name into doing trainers. The SNES expansion afterwards was very impressive and successful though...

About the PC thing, pc/Legend was founded by Butcher/NEC/NEI and myself leaving Razor 1911 behind. Fletch, Doc and Snacky (ex-G*P) had been part of this quite successful PC expansion. It didn´t last too long however..

And to end this, Midfit is right again, the complete story of Legend and it´s appearances on various systems can be read on the forthcoming website...
2004-02-04 12:44
Dishy

Ok, thanks for the very good answers both of you.

Maybe you you can use this site to complete the story of Legend.

http://exotica.fix.no/info/scenery/online/l.html

Maybe you already know this site. I think on the C64 part much are missing and there are lot´s of incorrect data on Exotica, but still it´s quite funny to read it, so it´s an ok site I think, and maybe you can even find something about Legend on the Amiga you didn´t know.

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fresh
psych
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
digix
d'Arc/Topaz Beerline
zzarko