Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user tubesockor ! (Registered 2024-05-12) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Legend - the will of god...
2004-01-20 11:45
Westbam
Account closed

Legend - the will of god...

Unbelievable but true...

Delayed by almost 4(!) years the Legend memorial website is due to be launched imminently. If anyone of you guys still has some rare Legend releases we couldn´t dig up so far it would be great if you could send it to me...

Furthermore, if any old Legend members are on here, please get in touch with me aswell to fulfill your information. All Legenders can also receive their own "@legend64.com" e-mail address...

Special thanks for their co-effort so far must be given to Mason, Radar and Midfit for their great contributions...

Westbam / Legend (http://www.legend64.com)

... 79 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-02-09 15:01
midfit
Account closed

Honest opinion? Scenery == biggest bullshit ever released. While mag editors tried to verify their stuff, the editor of the scenery wrote down every(!) slight little bit he may have heard. For me this kind of work does not deserve any kind of respect at all. Seems more like a fast work to get some attention from n00bs than a serious try to collect facts about groups.

Best regards,

-midfit!
2004-02-09 15:57
TDJ

Morph: I'd rather spend my time updating csdb than trying to get Scenery more correct, if you don't mind :)
2004-02-09 16:27
Hero

I have to admit that i just read it for like 2 minutes. And it looked rather strang! But i will use more time on it next time. it was a bit confusing, when i saw 3 groups was using the same name! No hard feelings!

Harry

Hero/ILLUSION
2004-02-09 20:18
Menace

Thought it would be a good idea for me to jump in at this stage, and attempt to explain a few things concerning Scenery. But first of all, thanks for the criticism, such as it is. If no one voices their opinions, there can be no improvement.

Second, I suspect Buzz hasn't updated Exotica yet, so download the recently released version 2.00 of scenery64 on c64hq for an up-to-date version.

Third (and this is where it gets interesting): I am very much aware that there are mistakes in Scenery vs The Truth. I started Scenery for my own sake, because I found it interesting to do the research. I had to start somewhere, and I started with diskmags. I started by organizing the information i extracted from these diskmags, in such a way that I could perhaps get a better overview. This also meant that in some cases I inherited errors (and often blatant lies) from others. This was unavoidable in the start of the process, naturally, and my vision was always that I would root out these gremlins as research went along, slowly building a more correct view of how events and other things really transpired.

Westbam: If I knew of a way to contact people, and ask questions, in the past, I have. Often all I have found are old, dead e-mail addresses. When I started working on Scenery64, this site (and others like it) did not exist, and there was no easy way to contact (or even find) you or a lot of the other early c64 sceners. Where would one start? I had to depend (and still do) on people getting in touch with me if they find inaccuracies. My email is right there, folks, and it's a lot more constructive than bitching about it here. Understand that I have absolutely no interest in presenting false information, if I know it to be false. But in many cases, until people tell me, I have no way of knowing.

TDJ: That's fine, we need (at least) two points of view - and csdb is a really good initiative. Good luck!

midfit: You are naturally entitled to your opinion, but scenery has certainly never been 'fast work', and has attracted very little attention from n00bs. :) I started doing scenery because I found it stimulating and interesting, and it was only later that others suggested to me it was a good idea to share the information.

Hope this cleared up a FEW misunderstandings, and at least better explained my motivation and philosphy, since it seemed that SOME of you imho kind of missed the entire point of it... If the information is so wrong, and offends you so much, then PLEASE step forward and help correct it.

And for the record; c64hq is our new home, the exotica site is kinda redundant, and (probably) still hosts the year-old version, even though I sent Buzz the update.

Thanks for your time.
2004-02-09 20:44
Morpheus

TDJ,

Scenery is a part of C64hq now and we will do our best to improve it. And I'm gonna start by terrorizing you about the WWE and Focus days pretty soon! :D

Cheers mate!

Andreas // www.c64hq.com
2004-02-09 21:56
Westbam
Account closed

@Morph / @Menace:

Looking up for me (for example) ain´t that much of a problem. The first e-mail address you run into is my e-mail address via America Online established in 1994. The E-Mail address you find on various earch engiens (e.g. Google) is still valid so there is *NO PROBLEM* whatsoever in contacting me. Until now nobody tried to get in touch with me to correct false informations concerning Legend - the will of god! This is fact! And sorry, I do not spend my life on correcting false informations on every site there is on this planet. I think this is a job that needs to be done by the responsible persons. However, I cannot judge every person and every group of course but concerning Legend - the will of god, it had never been a problem to find out the truth. Several people contacted me because of several things they wanted to clear up (e.g. Midfit, Jazzcat, Mason etc. etc.) so I simply do not accept this excuse when it comes to this group... Fact is that noone involved into Scenery has tried to get in touch with me so far nor with the other mentioned responsible persons involved into Legend - the will of god. Therefore I simply have to say my opinion and have to discredit the type of journalism brought towards Legend - the will of god!
2004-02-09 22:02
Morpheus

I mailed you 30 mins ago mate! :)
2004-02-09 22:12
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: I mailed you 30 mins ago mate! :)

Hehe, I just received your e-mail man and instantly replied of course...

Actually now this was my fault, I should have checked on all of my e-mail accounts before running my mouth...
2004-02-09 22:16
Westbam
Account closed

Legend - the will of god

I´d like to give a little update on development of the website in general. Actually we have finally finished all coding concerning the website and the most of the content. Actually we are fulfilling the release list and have certain informations being verified by Goldfish and Powerplant. At this point of time I still have to put about 250 releases into it and I´ll be done with a version I could release publically.... I still miss around 150 releases I know of but I´m eager to get these games aswell.

Thanks to all the people like Mason(!), Midfit, Radar, Powerplant etc. that help me a lot with their efforts...
2004-02-09 23:03
TDJ

@Menace: I myself am not part of the noname crew but I do feel that csdb is more useful than scenery (because of the fact that it's a database opposed to your more static text), and much more reliable.

I do admire your efforts on it but there's a lot in scenery which is so obviously wrong that I, and many with me I guess, feel it's almost impossible to improve upon on. Example: for Focus you claim that it only ever had Dutch members (which is true), yet you mention Geir Tjelta (who's from Norway) as one of its members. With mistakes like that it's hard to be taken serious.

Still that doesn't mean I'll deny you my answers concerning the groups I was a member of, but you'll have to ask for them, csdb gets them for free :)

@Morpheus: bring it on :)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Higgie/Kraze/Onslaught
fegolhuzz
Alakran_64
algorithm
Guests online: 96
Top Demos