Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #74715 : Zoo Mania Preview V3 + [pal/ntsc]
2009-01-15 18:13
Ninja

Release id #74715 : Zoo Mania Preview V3 + [pal/ntsc]

Calm down, guys.

ONS informed me beforehand and I had no objection. Actually, I am quite happy that someone started to NTSC-fix it as I ran out of motivation for this (Note that the fix is not 100%, music is playing too fast). Conrad wrote the production note on purpose, so I can easily take the fixes into my repository. That's a nice thing. But as it will prolly take some time until another "official" version is out, NTSC-people have something to play with meanwhile. Also a nice thing. And well, things like intros and trainers are just habits. In fact, most people would have moaned if the trainer was _not_ in there, right? :)

@Oswald: Save your energy and put them into the mails you are owing me ;)

@Conrad: You haven't been serious, have you?
2009-01-15 21:58
Jazzcat

Ninja: thanks!

The idea of music fixing has been excluded in a lot of "cracks" for a very long time now, generally speaking there is no PERFECT way to do it 100% with ALL music. Skipping one cycle every 6 or messing with CIA, recoding entire tables, still, not 100%... in the old days most music in games wasn't fixed.

Edit: for those interested. Just wanted to paste some notes from C=Hacking #17:

For programs in which the interrupt frequency is otherwise unimportant, the interrupt timer source can be adjusted to the correct frequency. In other cases, if the interrupt frequency cannot be changed, the music speed may be adjusted by calling the play routine twice on every sixth interrupt or not calling it on the sixth interrupt. If perfection is needed, the music data might be adjusted or the music routine rewritten to work at the different frequency. Much of the time none of these are necessary, as the music sounds fine at the different speed anyway.

Actually, as further discussion, some guys have said that PAL tunes sound far better on NTSC! like AMJ's "Selfmade". ;)
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Alakran_64
pyksy
Total Chaos
Zardax/Artline Designs
Smasher/F4CG
uneksija