Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > Graphics on C64 demoscene: Guide of Ethics – a Proposal
2023-12-22 18:03
Sander

Graphics on C64 demoscene: Guide of Ethics – a Proposal

Dear fellow sceners,

This is an attempt to get more understanding among, and for, C64 demoscene pixel artists. It’s not written to limit anyone, but a prayer for more transparency.

Read the document here: ->Graphics on C64 demoscene: Guide of Ethics – a Proposal<-

We tried to give define and value different processes. Which is a result of discussion, where we saw mutual grounds and felt the need to write these down.
We will update the document periodically, when enough input has been gathered and sorted out.

We’d really love to hear your thoughts on the subjects in the document.
Please post them in this thread.

(Personally I will not always fully comply to these guidelines myself, but I will continue to be transparant about it. However, I do agree with the values communicated in this document.)

... 137 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-12-26 13:36
Joe

@Hein: It's obvious you have neither worked at a communal school teaching or at a library, so I might sound like an old man complaining, since I have done both! But you seem to be missing what is happening.
It's called digitalization and everyone is so hooked on it, it's destroying our world!
2023-12-26 14:07
Hein

Quoting Joe
@Hein: It's obvious you have neither worked at a communal school teaching or at a library, so I might sound like an old man complaining, since I have done both! But you seem to be missing what is happening.
It's called digitalization and everyone is so hooked on it, it's destroying our world!

The same was said about our first computers. But we'll see, in the meantime try to find things that make you wonder, there are plenty. Or, as you actually already do, make others wonder.
2023-12-26 14:38
Joe

Wow, you are so completely off the real world, it makes one cry.
2023-12-26 14:40
Hein

Quoting Joe
Wow, you are so completely off the real world, it makes one cry.

Heh, how do you know about my real world problems? :P AI is the least of my problems, let alone CSDb votes or TikTok.
2023-12-26 16:35
4gentE

@Joe :
Just please don’t stop doing what you’re doing on the C64. You make a whole bunch of us happy.
2023-12-26 16:42
Joe

The lot of you make me disgusted, it's hard to go on, with being disgusted at people, trying to do art, with people laughing at art and just keeping on making fun at it with poor competitions and awards like the Ninja, and stuff like that. Poor is the references when texts arise, and poor is the references when art is aroused (Part from MultiStyle Labs which has serious music-value). Poor is values when stuff is shown, it's always THIS THIS IS and seldomly THAT, THOSE and THEIRS. disgusted. I think the text was a start at this, to try to find the real starting point, and not that one we all felt before - the disgusting one.
2023-12-26 16:56
Hein

A pitty, there may indeed be alot of mediocracy, but it is still valid.
2023-12-26 17:31
Nim

Quote: The lot of you make me disgusted, it's hard to go on, with being disgusted at people, trying to do art, with people laughing at art and just keeping on making fun at it with poor competitions and awards like the Ninja, and stuff like that. Poor is the references when texts arise, and poor is the references when art is aroused (Part from MultiStyle Labs which has serious music-value). Poor is values when stuff is shown, it's always THIS THIS IS and seldomly THAT, THOSE and THEIRS. disgusted. I think the text was a start at this, to try to find the real starting point, and not that one we all felt before - the disgusting one.

Joe, we obviously worship different gods, in the context of a tree, you worship the fruit, the end result and the labor... There are many, some are better, some are worse and some are rotten, but glory be the perfect fruit, basking in the sunlight.

There is nothing wrong with it, the quality of the fruit is the treasure. It deserves attention.

Some of us worship the whole, the ground, the roots, the trunk of the tree, the branches, the leaves, the sunlight, the air and the rain.

We worship what makes the fruit possible. And when we see fruitlovers cutting at the roots because they're not considering the whole, someone like me will say stop, you don't know what you're doing.

So stop, you don't know what you're doing.
2023-12-26 17:42
Joe

"So stop, you don't know what you are doing", wow, you stop. es ekelt mich an! This disgust me! This is not ok adressing me this way Nim!
2023-12-26 18:02
Nim

Quote: "So stop, you don't know what you are doing", wow, you stop. es ekelt mich an! This disgust me! This is not ok adressing me this way Nim!

Stop what? I'm reacting to a bad idea, i and others are trying to explain why it's a bad idea. It's not that the sentiment is wrong, it's the implementation that isn't thought out, and probably the imagined problem either.

Workstages? Not one person is against,
Credits? Who would object?
Explaining your process? A bit more suspect, but if you're genuinly interested i love to share some knowledge.

We ALL know and agree with this, so what then is this document trying to do?

But how about the unseen?

Experimentation, learning process, getting feedback, giving feedback, the necessity for mystery, guesswork, optimization and speeding up processes.

All of these and a whole bunch more are all part and necessary for the pixel garden of the scene.

The weeds you're trying to get rid of, the lies, the cheats, and the people who just want to see the world burn, those will remain unaffected, and in some cases, empowered by the type of nudging this type of regulation implies.

It's just a bad idea.
Previous - 1 | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
zscs
Matt
t0m3000/HF^BOOM!^IBX
Slaxx/Q/HF/MYD!
Jammer
Mixer