Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #237162 : Tribute to Vangelis
2023-12-15 00:38
Oswald

Release id #237162 : Tribute to Vangelis

@4gent,

1) feels you took those quotes out of context
2) I even said to 2 girls on the schoolyard when I was 9 that I'm never gonna have sex because its disgusting
3) Talent added so much of his own, that I consider it an original work, Vermeer traced outlines with pinhole camera, Talent used another work for reference I couldnt care less.

... 192 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-12-16 18:57
Hein

Quoting Raistlin

Meanwhile… on the subject of Vangelis… it’s kinda ironic that we’re talking about copying (or not)… https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/vangelis-chariots-of-fir..

Then the Vangelis fans in court:
https://www.vangelismovements.com/stavroslogaridis.htm

and so on, and so on... enough for a demo indeed.
2023-12-16 20:30
spider-j

Quoting Raistlin
Meanwhile… on the subject of Vangelis… it’s kinda ironic that we’re talking about copying (or not)… https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/vangelis-chariots-of-fir..

*doh* I will never understand why musicians go to court because of a couple of notes that probably every musician comes up with once in their life. Yeah some notes are the same – true for 99% of all western 12 tone music – especially within the same genre. And even more when you mostly stay in diatonic scale (7 notes out of 12) you'll end up with the same / very similar progressions as others all the time.
2023-12-16 22:02
CreaMD

It took a while to read it all but I had to react here or there and I also came to this conclusion

TLDR:
Two people who aren't graphicians (Peacemaker and Oswald), are insulting real talented graphic artists in the ill attempt to defend another talented artist over the dispute about artistic integrity.

--------------------------------------

And now the comments to the posts that caught my attention

Quoting Carrion
@Electric.
What is you goal? What is your crusade leads to? I dont expect D-Mage to do next images. Do you want other graphicians stop doing c64 stuff too? Then only you and "real" pixel artist remain on scene?
And yes, I understand all the arguments but for me demoscene is a place to share my passion with others. How they do it is their onw choice as long as we dont harm eachother.
Your crusade Electric is IMO harmful. I have enough of it. Thanks for ruining it for me.

I think what Electric was trying to point out and explain over and over is valid point. Which is: be upfront and give credits where credits are due. There is place for that in release fields. Production notes. Trivia. Goofs. Use whatever you want. Best place is directly in the demo credits of course. By the way, same goes for composing. I'm glad if anyone fills in the gaps in STIL (sid tune information list). But I don't want to discuss that here extensively. All I want to say, that I could do better in past and thanks to the STIL editors (SID Tune Information List) for filling in the gaps, although not completely. We all could and should do better.

Quoting 4gentE
orange pixels in Vangelis' beard.

This is out of question. They wouldn't be there if the process of creation of the image was completely manual.

Quoting peacemaker

Logical fallacies all over. And ad hominems and doxing aimed at 4gentE are the most despicable.

Quoting Oswald replying The Sarge
or how about none of them and instead envious pixelers guilty of doing the same thing stop acting like the spanish inqusition to discredit their competitors.

Please, grow up.

Quoting Flotsam
This is such nonsense. Why this hostility and tries at personal counter-attacks? Why not instead try to communicate like adults do and focus on the matter? I understand you're trying to defend Talent, but this is not the right way to do it. This bullshit just prolongs the agony when it's already pretty clear that the pic is a direct conversion of some other artist's work with some additional manual pixeling. The red tint on the beard is not the only telltale sign of this.

...I promise to be a better scener from now on and in the future releases mention if I use conversion, AI, references, whatnot. Because... why not

Word!

Quoting 4gentE replying to Jammer
Frankly, what bothers me is that those 2 guys were literally crapping over Electric and The Sarge with bullshit “arguments” and you don’t seem to mind that at all.

I agree with this one.

Quoting Jammer
cost of scaring Talent off the scene

Should the artistic community sacrifice it's pursuit for integrity for the sake of pleasing everyone? I have quote about where it leads... in my profile, btw.

Quoting Peacemaker
well, go ahead, eletric. i am wondering whats wrong with you. just because you are not able to do such masterful dithering, does not mean it must be automized.

I would call it unique and unusual style. It's biggest advantage is consistency. It gives Wonderland XIV visually consistent and unique gfx style whenever *the girl* appears on screen, which is great, but how you dare to accuse Electric of being envious of such style? For example in Wonderland XIV the part where the girl is running away from taxi (https://youtu.be/X6z3GgV7LaQ?feature=shared&t=13249). I can't imagine anyone else would be satisfied with this one as finished to every pixel, and still it works in general style of the demo.

Quoting Oswald
This looks like a straight convert, congrats for your 2nd place. Love Lisa

26 years old picture from Electric just proves his argument, actually. He asks from more ethical approach because he is 26 years older now. You should grow up too. Your "arguments" are no match to his and it's kinda obvious that he talks with you patiently, as with a child. It's painful to watch.

Quoting Electric
Our “history” part of the Pixeled Years -exhibition presenting demoscene had ONE original Finnish C64 fullscreen pixel image from 80s-90s. Rest used references fully or partially. There’s lots to dig into.

Can you plase give a link to that one? Or screenshot?

Quoting Oswald insulting The Sarge
Maybe you better work on your technique, instead of throwing mud.

I literally swallow the insults I would like to send to your direction after this, you fool.

Quoting Oswald insulting The Sarge
This is about exposing hypocrisy.

...and it literally hurts to read this comment which you don't even mean seriously. If it weren't for Peacemaker, I would say you went full retard in this thread (and won), but he had beat you by a hair.
2023-12-16 22:49
Oswald

@Creamd,

Hypocrisy on your part aswell, you call us out for personal attacks while you have made some of strongest ones in the whole thread (with 4gentE), and you conveniently dont have any problem with 4gentE's behaviour, because he shares your opinion.

It has been shown that, Electric, The Sarge, 4gentE are all guilty for reworking existing pictures. Most of them being quite recent work. Not just one 26 year old example was shown.

Where was Electric pointing his finger and creating crossfade anigifs, asking for workstages when 2600 was released ?

You may call me a childish retard, but I'm convinced this is happening because they can not stand the competition Talent gives them, and it has nothing to do with "the artistic community's pursuit for integrity for the sake of pleasing everyone"
2023-12-16 23:22
4gentE

Quote:
It has been shown that, Electric, The Sarge, 4gentE are all guilty for reworking existing pictures.

Makes one think : is this guy hallucinating or lying?
2023-12-16 23:37
CreaMD

Quote: @Creamd,

Hypocrisy on your part aswell, you call us out for personal attacks while you have made some of strongest ones in the whole thread (with 4gentE), and you conveniently dont have any problem with 4gentE's behaviour, because he shares your opinion.

It has been shown that, Electric, The Sarge, 4gentE are all guilty for reworking existing pictures. Most of them being quite recent work. Not just one 26 year old example was shown.

Where was Electric pointing his finger and creating crossfade anigifs, asking for workstages when 2600 was released ?

You may call me a childish retard, but I'm convinced this is happening because they can not stand the competition Talent gives them, and it has nothing to do with "the artistic community's pursuit for integrity for the sake of pleasing everyone"

For the sake of pleasing everyone? You are so "in the mood" that you aren't even capable of reading with comprehension. I will put you with peacemaker on ignore until someone tells me you calmed down. And you telling me I made the strongest insults here, dude, seriously, get your shit together.
2023-12-16 23:37
TheRyk

Quoting Electric
Indeed I don't see much changing but just hope to see us all paying attention to these - gfxers, coders, musicians, party orgs, moderators +++

I hope you're not speaking of CSDb moderators but of party moderators...
/o\
D'OH I'm both...

Speaking for CSDb Modding: Thanks for going on here instead of Comments. But 148 postings in 2 nights... have patience if you expect any of us to catch up with these textwalls or just PM us if you think there's any punches below the belt.
2023-12-16 23:57
Oswald

Quote: For the sake of pleasing everyone? You are so "in the mood" that you aren't even capable of reading with comprehension. I will put you with peacemaker on ignore until someone tells me you calmed down. And you telling me I made the strongest insults here, dude, seriously, get your shit together.

"you went full retard in this thread (and won)"
"Please, grow up"
"get your shit together"
"You should grow up too"
"insults I would like to send to your direction after this, you fool."
"talks with you patiently, as with a child. It's painful to watch."
"you aren't even capable of reading "

" And you telling me I made the strongest insults here"
2023-12-17 00:18
TheRyk

Quoting Oswald
"... full retard ..."

No one should ever do that here.
Never Go Full Retard
Topryk Thunder

So either _use_ that Ignore function or
2023-12-17 01:25
spider-j

Quoting LMan
I am an atheist, but I always liked the "who is without sin may throw first" sentiment.

I'm a theist and I second that.

Although I think the proper bible verse for the development in this thread is "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." ;-)
Previous - 1 | ... | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Didi/Laxity
TheEnemy/TREX/THD
mutetus/Ald ^ Ons
psych
Operator Teleksu