Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Is Lemon 64 Dead?
2003-05-26 11:17
Richard

Is Lemon 64 Dead?

I hope this has not happened, but I have a feeling that Lemon64 community is probably dead. I cannot get the access to their web site, as the server cannot find the site. It looks as if the service has shut the Lemon64 web site down for some reason. Or perhaps Lemon64 is moving.

RicHARD/CiViTaS

... 32 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-01-28 22:59
Nafcom

Quote: To be honest, the overtactful only-on-need-to-know-basis divulging of information (ie. no information that would make sense) at the lemonamiga thread truly pisses me off. Who would it hurt to tell what exactly happened? Of course, names of guilty parties could be left off, if that's a concern.

exactly my opinion. but then why should a few bad people be enough to close down a whole community and information base like Lemon64? Kim Lemon should know that the majority likes Lemon64 and appreciates his work! :)
2006-01-28 23:13
Moloch

More info is out there... it wasn't just a problem with users this time... as you'll see when Lemon64 returns...
2006-01-28 23:34
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Quote: To be honest, the overtactful only-on-need-to-know-basis divulging of information (ie. no information that would make sense) at the lemonamiga thread truly pisses me off. Who would it hurt to tell what exactly happened? Of course, names of guilty parties could be left off, if that's a concern.

Hadn't noticed this thread before, too much tending to the fjords recently.

I've posted as much vague info as I thought was appropriate on the lemonamiga thread just earlier, as idigital.

I was actually the user that was banned just prior to Kim taking the entire site down.

Probably best not to get into the details here either, no need for citrus fresh melodrama to boil over in this thread.

So PM for further details. Except Wanderer, cos I do not like him.

I'm assured that Lemon64 will be back very soon, with lots of retarded community retro enthusiasts, at least it has active moderators. Although most of them are completely retarded and the admin (not Kim) lost his mind with the sheer power of administrating such a massive site.

</irony>
2006-01-29 00:27
cadaver

Thanks for setting the record straight. Yeah I kind of understand the mods not making their lability widely known by explaining themselves ;)
2006-01-29 01:21
T.M.R
Account closed

i've knocked the post over to beta news at C64.sk anyway, no point in perpetuating rumours until Kim's got his head and whatever else straight.
2006-01-29 09:48
chatGPZ

whats that lemon stuff you are talking about?
2006-01-29 13:26
Oswald

from lemonamiga:

"The real story, is that a certain person abused their admin position because they weren't happy with a certain Lemon forum user.

The admin (not Kim) refused to apologise for the abuse of their role and banned the user instead.

The resulting melodrama created by this irresponsible admin caused the owner of Lemon64 to take it down while reconsidering the administrative structure of the site.

Not entirely necessary, although from what I've heard of the mod forum this was probably the best way to work out the new admin/mod roles rather than endure more bickering in the private forum.

No hacking, no legal problems, just one person abusing their admin position causing Kim to finally reconsider Lemon64's administrative structure.

That's all I can reveal without getting bringing the melodrama here as well"
2006-01-30 00:33
madcrow
Account closed

Quote: whats that lemon stuff you are talking about?

Lemon64 is the only real place where sceners and those who simply like C64 and have nothing to do with C64 were able to come together. It also had TONS of info about games and lots of reviews and stuff.
--------------------------------------
please have pity on the n00bish emu kiddie responsible for the post above.
2006-01-30 01:48
T.M.R
Account closed

Has, present tense; for those who missed it the site's back.
2006-01-30 07:25
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Quote: from lemonamiga:

"The real story, is that a certain person abused their admin position because they weren't happy with a certain Lemon forum user.

The admin (not Kim) refused to apologise for the abuse of their role and banned the user instead.

The resulting melodrama created by this irresponsible admin caused the owner of Lemon64 to take it down while reconsidering the administrative structure of the site.

Not entirely necessary, although from what I've heard of the mod forum this was probably the best way to work out the new admin/mod roles rather than endure more bickering in the private forum.

No hacking, no legal problems, just one person abusing their admin position causing Kim to finally reconsider Lemon64's administrative structure.

That's all I can reveal without getting bringing the melodrama here as well"

Actually, I posted that as well, I don't use Slarti there ;)

Still Wanderer found me! He is teh l33t h4x0r d00d!

Just posted an expose on what went down, including the post that resulted in the site shutting down:

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=219885#219885

It'll probably be deleted soon :P
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
REBEL 1
Drusalan/Profile
Hairdog/BOOM!^Dream
void256
Lavazza/Censor Design
Bansai/BSILabs