Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #223 : Protovision
2006-02-26 13:23
Scout

Group id #223 : Protovision

There are some entries from Protovision that should be deleted from the database.
Those entries are commercial releases (without a downloadlink) and not scenereleases.

---
-= Silicon Ltd. =-
http://forum.siliconlimited.com

Commodore 64 Scenemusic Podcast
http://8bitmayhem.blogspot.com/

... 71 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-11-27 21:22
Sledge

The fact that Protovision is a scene group selling their releases doesn't make a difference here? They release scene related stuff too, and they do games. So what if they sell them aswell?

I guess Fairlight among others are in deep shit too then? Since you could buy our entire collection from Bacchus on a CD?

Ah, whatever... as it really makes any big difference these days anyways?
2007-11-27 22:38
Sixx

Quote: The fact that Protovision is a scene group selling their releases doesn't make a difference here? They release scene related stuff too, and they do games. So what if they sell them aswell?

I guess Fairlight among others are in deep shit too then? Since you could buy our entire collection from Bacchus on a CD?

Ah, whatever... as it really makes any big difference these days anyways?

Protovision is a scene group? Huh? And Sledge, you're comparing old skool FUCKING rocking (Eeeh, atleast old skool) --/¤) FAiRLiGHT (¤\-- with a bunch of german lamers? Jesus, and i used to call you board. ;)

Hum, wonder if this post will be deleted right away or immediately. /()\
2007-11-27 23:50
CreaMD

Quote:
Protovision is a scene group? Huh? And Sledge, you're comparing old skool FUCKING rocking (Eeeh, atleast old skool) --/¤) FAiRLiGHT (¤\-- with a bunch of german lamers? Jesus, and i used to call you board. ;)

Hum, wonder if this post will be deleted right away or immediately. /()\

Those "lamers" made (distributed, supported, helped to develop) some of the most playable (and maybe even most played) games of last years. It seems that germany's most favourite sport (ridiculing your own mates) is very infectious disease.. some weaker natures can get it even across the ocean ;-) And yes, I was considering deleting it, but maybe some other moderators will share your (excuse moi) retarded opinion.
2007-11-28 00:58
Twoflower

Nonetheless, this isn't a question whether or not 1) Protovision belongs here (they do!) or if 2) their stuff belongs here (it does!). What bothers me is 3) the stuff which isn't 100% available here - the stuff which I listed as "commercial spots" above. They're not really complete entries, and they're not really pointless either. Now - do they belong here?

Protovision makes nice stuff. Atleast far better stuff than many strict demo sceners manage to achieve. But once again - this is not the question. The question is whether or not empty entries with an added screenshot belong here? Do they?

The question isn't really about whether or not you care, or whether the entries are harmless or not - the question is whether or not CSDb is a suitable place for commercial-spots? Is it?
2007-11-28 07:09
Sixx

I don't see the reason why Protovision or any other commercial company should be included in the C64 SCENE Data Base. Protovision is a "great" contributer to the C64 -community- but dosn't belong here.

My opinions may be retarded, Cream Pie, so here's another one; Protovision sucks, and so does their games. And yes, i DO play new games, Zoo Mania and Greenrunner are two games i've enjoyed tremendously.
2007-11-28 07:21
CreaMD

Quote: I don't see the reason why Protovision or any other commercial company should be included in the C64 SCENE Data Base. Protovision is a "great" contributer to the C64 -community- but dosn't belong here.

My opinions may be retarded, Cream Pie, so here's another one; Protovision sucks, and so does their games. And yes, i DO play new games, Zoo Mania and Greenrunner are two games i've enjoyed tremendously.

I didn't ask if you play new games. And the fact that you do, doesn't make your previous opinion less retarded.

CreamPie
2007-11-28 07:32
cba

Quote: See and this is exactly the attitude I am talking about and that will probably never change. So be happy with your introlinking friends - I am going to stop writing here soon (after all it has been a good idea to stay away from this place all these years).

Bye bye , nobody will miss you at all !
2007-11-28 08:50
Mace

God damn it!
I took well over 30 minutes to compose a post and when I hit 'submit', all was lost!!!

Good for you, perhaps... I made my story a lot short :-)

The problem with this thread is that people are discussing different matters at the same time.

1) define the c64 scene
2) is any freeware a scene release?
3) is Protovision part of the scene?

Definition of the c64 scene:
A social network based on the sharing of individual and group efforts to create and modify C64 releated hardware, software and media without the pursuit of financial gain, centered around, but not solely focused on, demos and cracks.

Scene releases are a freely available products produced by members of the scene in order to display skills in creating or modifying hardware, software or media for the C64 and to inform and entertain fellow scene members.

Protovision is not part of the scene, as they produce for financial gain and do not take part in scene activities other than for their own commercial good.

Oh, and about this:
Quote:
having entries for the PTV payware originals means being at the same level as the retard introlinking scene.

Unfair point, because what about the great coders and artists who produce gems of demos?
Untrue, because the quality level of a release is NOT a criterion for being in CSDb.
And a rather pointless remark too, as it only proves that Protovision should NOT be in CSDb...
2007-11-28 09:45
Mermaid

Quote:
Protovision is not part of the scene, as they produce for financial gain and do not take part in scene activities other than for their own commercial good.

Ah, but that's not true...If you look at the Protovision releases listed in this database, you will find that Protovision has released several compo pictures, compo tunes, even a demo or two, and arranged a party, Vision, where several sceners showed up and released demos.
2007-11-28 10:01
Mace

Quote:
(Protovision not part of the scene)
Ah, but that's not true...
Ok, that was knowledge I didn't have (because I didn't care to investigate).
In that case Protovision could well be in CSDb, but only in relation to those non-commercial releases.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
iceout/Avatar/HF
Guests online: 91
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Mojo  (9.7)