Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #189473 : Tiny Quest Preview 2 +3
2020-03-31 16:47
hedning

Release id #189473 : Tiny Quest Preview 2 +3

User Comment
Submitted by Wanax [PM] on 31 March 2020
@goat:This file Tiny Quest Preview + is approverà by me, this not. Some one spread this file whitout my permission.

User Comment
Submitted by madbeagle [PM] on 31 March 2020
Perhaps we've got better things to do than snuffling around like a dog looking for scraps to be aware of every immoral release on here.

User Comment
Submitted by Goat [PM] on 31 March 2020
May I ask: this file is a problem, but this file Tiny Quest Preview + wasn't?

User Comment
Submitted by shallan [PM] on 31 March 2020
Ok comment deleted because I hurt someones feelings I guess. I'm just trying to make sure people who download this release are aware its unauthorized and a very low thing to have done, please stop this madness and respect the devs!

User Comment
Submitted by madbeagle [PM] on 31 March 2020
Not sure who wins from a release like this. The dev is angry his work is out before it's ready, (especially if he intends to charge for it), while the cracker just looks desperate. Nobody's impressed in the slightest. Maybe it was a semi-noble art in the old days when you actually had copy protection, but adding a front end and a couple of trainers to an unprotected program with the tools available now is something a trained chimp could do. I've no problem with my free games being repackaged (not sure I see the point though...), but this is just bad form.

User Comment
Submitted by O'Dog [PM] on 31 March 2020
;-)

User Comment
How did you get this demo? Please tell me the name... :-)
2020-03-31 16:51
chatGPZ

Todays lesson: If you make your work available to someone you cant blindly trust - it will end up on the internet with a crack intro linked in front of it.
2020-03-31 21:06
iAN CooG

WOW someone can be nominated Captain Obvious of the day. A crack release, on every platform, IS ALWAYS UNAUTHORIZED.
Geez, welcome to the real world.
2020-04-01 08:01
Giulio/Wolf

It seems the Laxity kids haven't learned from previous mistakes.... LOL. Welcome to the downvoting...
2020-04-01 09:16
O'Dog

Crying the loudest does not automatically mean you are right. And having a few ones supporting your cry in public does not mean your opinion is accepted as right by the silent majority.
BTW: Downvoting here is as meaningless as a shitstorm in social media.
2020-04-01 09:53
Giulio/Wolf

Quote: Crying the loudest does not automatically mean you are right. And having a few ones supporting your cry in public does not mean your opinion is accepted as right by the silent majority.
BTW: Downvoting here is as meaningless as a shitstorm in social media.

And who cares? My opinion is useless like yours.
I don't "crack" new games, free github previews or whatever else. My focus is different.
I can understand you are desperate to obtain the first place in the ranking list every year and sincerely I don't care at all. I downvoted this shitty release like I'll do in the future and I'll give 10 too when I'll see something that it really deserves it from your group.
If you don't accept this, don't release to the public. Simple.
2020-04-01 10:00
Adam

Quote:
How did you get this demo? Please tell me the name... :-)

getting people to self-snitch for a name? wew. probably should have done a better job protecting your files and find better friends you can trust.. or: mark your files in such a way where it might slip past the attention of a cracking group that reveals the ID of who this file was sent to :-)

Quoting Groepaz
Todays lesson: If you make your work available to someone you cant blindly trust - it will end up on the internet with a crack intro linked in front of it.

shocking news. it's like that's never happened before. lol.
2020-04-01 10:10
Wanax

@Adam: No problem, I have already tracked down the file and through emails I know where it came from... :-)
2020-04-01 10:14
chatGPZ

And just to make it clear: voting zero for this shitty release is not "downvoting". at all.
2020-04-01 11:53
E$G

The problem with this Digital Monastery future commercial game release, is not about pirating, most here we are or
belong to a cracking group, so it's just a matter of time. The problem is who supplied it and if the supplier is not related to crack scene world but is a software deliver, a software house or something related to the small c64 market that's wrong.
So never believe a pirate but if a c64 game label and his boss are not trustable anymore it's easy to count one less in this small world of reliablility. How can you check a preview and say I won't share it with nobody and then do it?
What's the difference between the previous preview. More code and overall the game music, the surprise effect is now ruined.
2020-04-01 12:33
Raffox|HF

Thanks E$G, you got the point right.
As a matter of fact, we shared our previews of Tiny Quest ONLY with four "trusted" software publishers. We tracked down the one that leaked the demo.

@Goat: TSS were kind enough to ask us the permission to release a very primitive demo. We appreciated their asking, therefore we agreed on it. O'Dog/Laxity is just not capable of such respectful behaviour. Plain and simple.

... 6 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
taper/ΤRIΛD
Mythus/Delysid
j0x
Paladin/G★P
da Blondie/Resource
Matt