Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #8645 : Chris Huelsbeck
2007-08-24 05:08
chatGPZ

Handle id #8645 : Chris Huelsbeck

eh, why is he in the database? afaik he wasn't ever involved in the scene at all ?!

... 16 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-08-24 19:49
CreaMD

What Trazan said. I think Groepaz's considerations are valid. I don't think we will start a big cleaning now. Only keep in mind when adding/editing entries if it belongs to the C64 Scene Database and if someone finds potential stuff not belonging there is always chance to discuss here.
2007-08-24 20:46
Steppe

Ok, point taken Groepaz, and on the whole I agree, sure. I honestly thought we were done with the topic of, let me call it "bystander scener entries". Maybe there's a way to flag them as such, I don't know.
2007-08-24 21:11
Zyron

The possibility to flag entries as "non-sceners" would be useful. Martin Galway f.ex. was never part of the scene, still I'd hate it to see him removed from CSDb. There are a bunch more of people like this, especially musicians... I personally think they have to stay here for several reasons, one of them being the possibility to give complete credits for releases with ripped music.
2007-08-24 21:15
Conrad

Down to it all, any release featuring certain musical scores needs to show proof of the author who composed it, and even though that Chris was not much of a scener according to groepaz, his profile (or at least his handle) needs to be here to show the proof.

I quite agree with Zyron's idea as well. Maybe that could be a new feature?
2007-08-24 21:31
Frantic

I agree with Steppe/Zyron/crd. Such a flag would be useful. Another possibility would be to have a flag indicating whether the [something] that someone is credited for, in relation to a specific release, was intended for this specific release or not.

This would capture ripped music. It would ALSO capture cases such as loaders. If one looks at Krill's page here on CSDb for example, I think it looks a bit weird being credited in so many productions on an equal basis with true participating in the development of this production, and is hard to "navigate" in a sense close to the case with musicians being credited zillions of times for the same thing.

Dunno... Just a thought. On the other hand I guess that there are many cases where it is impossible to know, since it is so long ago and much info is lost, whether some piece of music really was intended for this or that production and so on. So, in the end I guess that's a bad idea. :)
2007-08-24 22:19
chatGPZ

flagging such entries somehow sounds good to me, and also what frantic says, i dont like the credits for loaders a lot either =P

however, i don't agree with "they must stay so we can give proper credits". ultimativly that would mean that everyone who ever did something commercially for the c64 has to be added, because at some point a scener ripped his music/sprites/charset/gfx/whatever.
2007-08-25 05:43
Oswald

Quote: if you have to contribute something to the thread, do it. if not, don't. save yourself the energy of spilling random blubber into the forum, the damned nazi moderators will only delete it.

yes, I had. But the moderators deleted it. Thanks. and my contribution is that I think that splitting people into sceners and not sceners, and based on that criteria deleting people like chris huelsbeck from csdb is just as stupid as splitting people into blacks and whites.

we're talking about someone here that contributed more to the c64 history with his music than many many many sceners. so I couldnt care less if he is black (non scener). he belongs here.

do we have moderations rules, or from now on trazan and creamd @ co. will wipe out my comments on own will ? they already did it on other threads where my comments werent even offending at all.
2007-08-25 07:19
Trazan

Very good of you Oswald, but next time, instead of writing nonsense, like Ku Klux Klan, write something that people might actually understand and not find offensive - or the usual Oswald crap, all out of topic or such.

Yes, we moderators, no, I am , just one of those idiots/lamers/insert any thing, who actually think there IS a difference inbetween IRC and actually TRYING to have ONE serious place for C64 related matters. CSDB.

Groepaz asks about Chris Huelsbeck should or should not be in the database, ppl air their thoughts and believe me, we are NOT removing anything thats adding value to any thread and dicsussion - however, your last 2 posts did not - I simply removed them.

Rules for moderators; Sure: "Out of topic/nonsense/offending posts to stir up a fight - Removal"
We all think different about this and do leave a reason open for mods to view when censoring a post. All mods can uncensor the post aswell. No Moderator did uncensor your 2 last posts. Guess why?

Peace

2007-08-25 07:42
Oswald

I will just stop posting. the forums has lost their former freedom with adding you, watching like CIA agents every damned letter.
2007-08-25 08:38
Trazan

Ok
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Apollyon/ALD
Nordischsound/Hokuto..
iceout/Avatar/HF
Guests online: 112
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)