Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > The worst music editors?
2006-06-18 11:27
Bamu®
Account closed

The worst music editors?

Which are the absolutely worst music editors for the c64?
(crappy or no interface, huge rastertime usage, stupid handling, ugly bugs, worse hardrestart ...and so on.)

... 54 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-02-21 16:42
DRAX
Account closed

Wow, nice to see MC in here. Always nice to see a good oldtimer here ;) ... Hope I'll hear some new sid stuff from you one day ;)
2007-02-21 22:51
Richard

Quote: Electrosound. _Huge_ rastertime usage!
Some really cool songs done using it though. :)

I thought Firebird Software's Music System program (Given away with my first ever C64 in the Toolbox Compilation, along with SEUCK and Image System). The sounds were too basic, and you could not do cool drum stuff like you could on DMC, Voicetracker, etc :o))
2007-02-22 03:59
A Life in Hell
Account closed

Quote: I thought Firebird Software's Music System program (Given away with my first ever C64 in the Toolbox Compilation, along with SEUCK and Image System). The sounds were too basic, and you could not do cool drum stuff like you could on DMC, Voicetracker, etc :o))

Does this mean taht if I were to go back in time and destroy that tape/disk, then we wouldn't have to deal with all of your SEUCK games? Sweet!
2007-02-22 06:25
TDJ

Quote: Does this mean taht if I were to go back in time and destroy that tape/disk, then we wouldn't have to deal with all of your SEUCK games? Sweet!

Now all we need is a time machine!

Not that I care about Richard's games at all in any way, but having a time machine would be a sweeeeeeeeeet deal.
2007-02-22 10:05
Mace

TDJ: you should care more
2007-02-22 23:58
A Life in Hell
Account closed

Quote: Now all we need is a time machine!

Not that I care about Richard's games at all in any way, but having a time machine would be a sweeeeeeeeeet deal.

Pirates or Dinosaurs?
2007-02-23 06:34
TDJ

Quote: Pirates or Dinosaurs?

Dinosaurs, for sure. Pirates are overrated.
2007-08-20 18:57
polonus
Account closed

Quote: Polonus had just taken the Music Assembler's player (from some random song probably, not that he owned MA itself) and has written an editor (Voice Tracker) for it.

VTR's user interface badly sucked, that is true, but in the age of "secret" editors and players, that was a gem for some musicians at least, especially for those who were lazy enough not to code a player/editor themselves, like me. :-)

I never liked DMC, though. Eventhough it was more advanced than VTR in player wise, the editor had lacked that certain something to feel comfortable (for me, at least). One good thing about VTR's (actually MA's) player was its less-than-average raster time usage.

Well, that's what I did. I had never seen any advanced music editor before. I found the song with an attractive raster-line performance, analysed it and wrote an editor to use player capabilities the way I supposed it was provided in original program. After something like 3 or 4 years later I found Music Assembler and realised it actually WAS the original editor for it. I modified the player in some of next incarnations of VoiceTracker to support additional macros. I know, it was lame to use someone else player, anyway I did not expect myself to go so far with writing an editor (I started with tune disassemble/assemble routine) and it was quite hard for me to get any music editor better than SoundMonitor ;) No internet, floppy swapping times :( I do sincerely hope original authors of Music Assembler are not mad at me anymore. I called an upgraded version of Voicetracker - Music Mixer. Music Mixer has additional macro capabilities (not present in Music Assembler).
2007-08-21 09:52
ZZAP69

I have never really used another editor than Voicetracker, perhaps I have just been too lazy to learn another one. JCH crashed when you least expect it. Cybertracker is cute but over-pedagogic and the files take too much memory. My first attempt to compose was in Future composer, and I must agree with Twoflower, it was horrible. I also tried Music Assembler, Soede-editor and 20CC-editor, but didn't like the user interface. Credz to Polonus for releasing VT, which gave me a really passionate relationship! :D
2007-08-21 10:07
ChristopherJam

Voicetracker was cool. Thanks Polonus!!

I really should track down that half finished tune I've got somewhere in all the .d64s I created to ward off the dreaded bitrot..
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
icon/The Silents, Sp..
Trurl/Extend
Ninja/The Dreams
CA$H/TRiAD
Oswald/Resource
Youth