Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Cleaned my download directory ...
2011-09-17 22:25
Count Zero

Cleaned my download directory ...

Cracking in 2011? DRAMA!

Let us start with: YOU ALL SUCK!

Wtf is it that about nobody gives a flying shit on release quality? Are you people actually testing and putting _some_ time into releases lately?
While cracks which obviously received some more time are of nice quality I have also seen an incredible amount of things which could have been done better - regardless of the actual game quality.

It is ALLOWED and DESIRED to put loading pictures, musics and "one page hit space" docs onto the mainfile. Making SINGLE FILE releases.
Nowadays it is an absolute necessity to make all trainers selectable (including level skippers) and to check your crap on a simple NTSC x64 setup.
(And IMHO an added builtin levelskipper needs to disable hi-score saving.) Obvious spelling errors seem to be at the rise as well.

So, I hereby request deletion of:

(L)(SEU) Psykozone +D by Onslaught (2011)
(L)(SEU) Project Argus +PD by Onslaught (2011)
(L)(SSE) Mutilator + by Excess (2011)
(L)(SSE) Nyaaaah! - 15th Anniversary Edition + by Excess (2011)
(U)(BDC) The Lost Caves 1-6 Collection +3D by Genesis Project (2011)
(U)(3DC) A Chance in Hell [3dck] by Dinasours (2011)
(U)(SEU) Stone Age Fighter Stone Age Fighter [SEUCK] by Dinasours (2011)

Cant remember - the reason for the rule I suppose:
(L)(SEU) Seuck Armageddon 1 by Wanderer and Crypt (2008)

Legend:
L=Locked
U=Unlocked

3DC=3D Construction Kit
BDC=Boulder Dash Construction
SEU=Seuck
SSE=Sideway Seuck

Will delete the unlocked entried on my own if people don't veto. Rant on any entries I missed to publicly ashame the release group a little more.

Moderation please take on the locked entries.

... 23 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2011-09-20 06:01
Angel of Death

Quote:
All information and material found here is entered and maintained by the registered users

So it says in the disclaimer.
I'm with Groepaz on this one. He is a SYSOP, SYStemOPerator and not RELPOL, RELeasePOLice.
Just try to imagine how it would be if at any given free hour of his time he would scour through the releases and delete everything he didn't like and gave a weekly update of what he seemed unfit for the scene.
(we've all seen bbs's like that in our days)
Quoting the rules and pushing people to enforce them is not greek drama imo.
2011-09-20 09:38
Hoxy
Account closed

Being one of the unknowns without a scene history usually means noone really have much regard for any opinions one might have, but I thought I would present my view on this site to give some perspective.

To me this site is two things, a historical archive and the place to find out what is happening today in the scene.
For the historical part I more or less tend to see it out of a very archeological view. Every little detail is important and shouldn't be wasted.

So to me every release is important. The release rules are good, but perhaps they shouldn't regulate what stays here or not? I would like to see everything left and instead any release that isn't according to the rules shouldn't count on the group's credits.

2011-09-20 14:59
spider-j

as far as i remember these crack-release-rules came up in a time when csdb was really flooded by crapreleases done by a lot of guys that suddenly thought they wanted to be "big bad crackers". that time i did my knoeti in cave "release" to make fun of those guys. i don't think that anyone gets hurt if onslaught releases a half-decent seuck from time to time or gp releases fanmade boulder dash levels that a lot of people like to play.

i know, real scene guys (which i'm not) really like to stick to their rules --- rules here, rules there, rules everywhere ;) but i guess everyone with common sense should know that rules are always there for a reason and it hurts no one if they are bended every now and then.

and i also appreciate that (almost) everything that is released on c64 finds it's way into this database.

so let "the list" be judge over those cracks and as long as noone abuses csdb for uploading tons of shit keep all this stuff up here.
2011-09-20 16:03
chatGPZ

Quote:
If these are the rules, go and enforce them...

that will happen right after we have decided what consequences are appropriate for those who knowingly, and frequently, break them. stay tuned.
2011-09-20 17:29
bugjam

I am with spider-j here. It does not hurt anyone; if someone downloads it and does not like it - just delete it. There are way bigger issues here - I would prefer if more energy is put into filling gaps of information, correcting mistakes, and uploading missing stuff, than testing releases if they really fit the rules 100%. Like said before - you don't like it, you delete it. Other people might like it, though, even if it is a SEUCK or BDCK game. And it IS part of scene history, after all.
2011-09-20 18:02
Jon
Account closed

I'm with the bug, the hoxy and the spider.

IMO, the newer releases, even the ones that bend the rules, have merit and value because of what comes before the game-- the intro, the scrollers and all of the rest. To rid the Db of them would be a travesty.
2011-09-20 21:01
Slator

Quote: Quote:
If these are the rules, go and enforce them...

that will happen right after we have decided what consequences are appropriate for those who knowingly, and frequently, break them. stay tuned.

oh, that gets it going...

so you are not only the executive authority but the judiciary, too? :-D awesome....

level up, +2 on sillyness of thread.

------------------------------
doing a release for the c64 scene in 2011 - some hours

getting the stuff uploaded to csdb - some seconds

having a thread like this - priceless....

PS: I wiped the concerning files already, maybe the pure information may reside for historical sillyness, please
2011-09-21 06:57
The Overkiller
Account closed

doing a release for the c64 scene in 2011 - some hours

getting the stuff uploaded to csdb - some seconds

having a thread like this - priceless....

for the rest there's MASTER CARD :D
2011-09-21 17:42
chatGPZ

Quote:
so you are not only the executive authority but the judiciary, too? :-D awesome....

congratulations, you have just learned how every website, ftp, bbs works.
Quote:
level up, +2 on sillyness of thread.

you should stop drawing conclusions from your own posts and applying them to the entire thread.
2011-09-21 23:43
Jazzcat

C-64 Scene Database excluding C-64 releases made from the scene. Perhaps the title should be C-64 Database instead.

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Yogibear/Protovision
Guests online: 150
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)