Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Info > CSDb back online
2004-01-28 18:09
Perff
Administrator

CSDb back online

Now CSDb is back online.
I must regret to say that the data that was lost the other day is gone for good. :(
I deleted the primary backup by mistake yesterday (shit happens), and there seems to be no secondary backup.
I have now taken all precautions so that a similar incident should never happen again.
In addition I have also made some feature to avoid anyone from mass-deleting ever again, which I will of course not go into details on here.

I hope you are willing to restore the data that were lost so that we can get CSDb back to it's old state.

Thank you.

/Perff

... 37 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-01-30 13:02
midfit
Account closed

Na - Na - Na - Na ... SWAT :)=
2004-01-30 13:07
Westbam
Account closed

Well CeBit, the worlds largest computer exhibition is taking place soon. And the fact that Hannover (CeBit hometown) is just about 100 kilometers from Braunschweig should make us think about some "final" solution to that issue...
2004-01-30 13:20
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Well CeBit, the worlds largest computer exhibition is taking place soon. And the fact that Hannover (CeBit hometown) is just about 100 kilometers from Braunschweig should make us think about some "final" solution to that issue...

It's like in march/april, right? If you show up there, we can finally share a drink together I guess...
2004-01-30 14:27
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: It's like in march/april, right? If you show up there, we can finally share a drink together I guess...

I visit CeBit every year Hartmut... This year I´ll be there from Thursday until Sunday. At least that´s what it´s planned so far...
2004-01-30 15:11
CyberBrain
Administrator

Nothing wrong with kicking his lamer ass, allthough i'm normally against this kind of thing. If i lived in germany i would get my friends together, and join you. (allthough i know voilence is fuck)

It'll take months to get all the credits for everything back
2004-01-30 17:29
Richard

Quote: I'm not sure if I should do this, but I have decided to publish all the knowledge I have on our commen "friend" Secret Man.

Do with the info what you like. :)

Here is the (known) e-mail's he used to register on CSDb:
cruueell@aol.com (His original registration)
koooler@web.de (The account from which he deleted a lot)
Krause419@hotmail.com (Another attempt which I cought)

Known IP's he has been using:
195.93.64-74.X
172.176-184.X.Y

And finally here is a nice little mail he sent to me on the day of the big deletion:
---
Subject: Secret Man is back..............
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:23:02 +0100

Good evening Perffy baby.

I warned you to delete me,but i think you have some problems with your eyes,that you couldnt read my messages.I deleted many things.

So,I will log on with Secret Man again and if you delete me i will delete 200 dudes.
It was wrong to delete.Several good demos like Dutch Breeze are gone to hell.

DONT DELETE ME or i will delete MUCH MORE !!

Yours

Secret Man
---

This is the last I have heard of him.

Yesterday however I got three registration requests from the same ip: 172.184.235.42 with these infos:
Login:Timberlake Email:Harry2000@hotmail.com
Login:JonasJ Email:JJonathan@gmx.de
Login:Lazyness Email:lazynessrsi@lycos.de

That looked too suspecious, so I denied them.

That sounds like a threat to destroy the whole C64 scene community. DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN!

If you create any new releases, I think it would be best to set yourself as the maintainer/uploader, until the author wants to take over - maybe.
2004-01-30 18:29
Celtic
Administrator

Like Perff stated before, he has now quality up te date backups of the database.

So nothing like this can happen again. Please do not worry that much anymore, just lets get the data fixed...
2004-01-30 19:45
Nafcom

Quote: Like Perff stated before, he has now quality up te date backups of the database.

So nothing like this can happen again. Please do not worry that much anymore, just lets get the data fixed...

Well, I guess just locking all entries in panick doesn't help us, or?!

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2004-01-30 20:06
CyberBrain
Administrator

Locking everything in panic is not a good idea.
CSDb will be a weak database if everything is locked.
It will mean that other people can't complete/fix the info.

TO EVERYBODY: Please, don't lock everything, and please unlock what you randomly locked in panic.

What happened wasn't because that the CSDb backup system is poor. We *CAN* get deleted stuff back. What happened was a little screw up.. (read Perff's posts, please)

Usually a secret man deleting 200 records shouldn't be a problem. This was a one-timer...

We're sorry. This won't happen again.
2004-01-30 20:15
CyberBrain
Administrator

...This is not the first time stuff has been deleted. Some of you may remember big groups like fairlight (as far as i remember) etc, being deleted about a year ago.

It wasn't a problem then, and it won't be in the future.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Zardax/Artline Designs
Guests online: 93
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)