Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Thrilla in Helsingborg BFP!
2013-05-22 06:30
Bob

Thrilla in Helsingborg BFP!

The main event of events! Don't miss it!
DEMO or DIE

If you're not inside, then you're outside, ok?

... 30 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-05-24 13:25
Sixx

Tribute 94. Aaaah, the memories. Cresh: They acctually put wheels under their C64's and "skated"? ;)
2013-05-24 14:59
Cresh

Yup, exactly. Old breadcase on wheels!
2013-05-24 20:59
FATFrost
Account closed

hah nice!! i would need 2xc64 glued together...!!!
2013-05-24 21:21
Magnar

Hi
I dont quite get all these messages a lot of you are spamming about taking with us the real C64.

Censor Design do have real C64's, or in my case a real C128.

We always code and test our products on the real deal. Before the party and also under the party.

But, as far as coding goes - we use a cross-platform development solution in order to be able to utilize the maximum memory out of the C64 - instead of as in good old days when TurboAsm eat up most of the memory for maintaining the source code. We also use PC tools for graphic and even music.

So, when we have a half-finished product we take with us - we really need the laptops in order to get it finished. It is as simple as that.

We are however also in need of real C64s to test the demo production on in last minutes before the deadline. Usually the compo machine, in order to really ensure we don't have a issue where the demo doesn't work due to strange differences from C64 machine to C64 machine.

So - When I bring the famous red-wine spilled Laptop of my wife that heats up our floppies lost in toilets, I really hope you all understand why; We wouldn't be able to release otherwise.

That all said;
Yes, I do encourage as many as possible of you to take *also* with you the real Commodore hardware.

But I also do understand that the trip to Helsingborg gives a lot of you restriction to how much its possble to carry along the trip. I, for one, will not be judging if you get there with only the laptop..

Cheers Magnar
2013-05-24 21:28
JackAsser

Quote: Hi
I dont quite get all these messages a lot of you are spamming about taking with us the real C64.

Censor Design do have real C64's, or in my case a real C128.

We always code and test our products on the real deal. Before the party and also under the party.

But, as far as coding goes - we use a cross-platform development solution in order to be able to utilize the maximum memory out of the C64 - instead of as in good old days when TurboAsm eat up most of the memory for maintaining the source code. We also use PC tools for graphic and even music.

So, when we have a half-finished product we take with us - we really need the laptops in order to get it finished. It is as simple as that.

We are however also in need of real C64s to test the demo production on in last minutes before the deadline. Usually the compo machine, in order to really ensure we don't have a issue where the demo doesn't work due to strange differences from C64 machine to C64 machine.

So - When I bring the famous red-wine spilled Laptop of my wife that heats up our floppies lost in toilets, I really hope you all understand why; We wouldn't be able to release otherwise.

That all said;
Yes, I do encourage as many as possible of you to take *also* with you the real Commodore hardware.

But I also do understand that the trip to Helsingborg gives a lot of you restriction to how much its possble to carry along the trip. I, for one, will not be judging if you get there with only the laptop..

Cheers Magnar

we all do
2013-05-24 23:43
Sixx

Magnar: Most (elite) groups do infact bring their real Commodore hardware with 'em, my first post was more meant as a joke.. (although i know for a fact hedning spend most compo evenings watching compo demos and transfer them to -real- media (DS syndrom maybe:)) and then Rambones (Hi jan!) entered the thread and i felt this sudden urge to post a scene meme. Silly me. I still find it funny tho'.

"The C64 wonder" is truly amazing, scene legend followed by scene legend has returned to the C64 scene (nope, i will never ever call it the "demoscene" (or crack intro for cracktro for that matter).. But let's not forget a couple groups that been bansüng über quality demo releases for the past 10-15 years: (Hi HCL, Dane, Jailbird, Graham, Bitbreaker, Axis, Veto, Deekay, Fanta, Yazoo.. Among many others.. /O/)

Last years demo compo at Lund Copy Party amazed us all. The quality was astounding, I dropped my jaw att almost every demo. It's a fact LCP crushed the Datastorm C64 demo compo wise, but at DS we're all Amiga lamers by heart.

Anyways, looking forward to the "Thrilla in Hellwown", but my guesees and what i hope for is that the Swedens #1 will make a "comeback demo" that put 'em on the map of rulling demo groups of the 00's and 10's once and for all.

My predictions:

1. Genesis Project
2. Censor Design
3. Booze Design

It's a known fact for a long time that G¤P is unbeatable, Swedens #1 comes second and the legendary Booze Design makes the best demo and comes third. We'll sleep bad, there will be laptops everywhere and some of the organziners will smell bad.

Peace - Sixx!
2013-05-26 12:03
SIDWAVE
Account closed

well there are many opinions, but i just think there something to think about.

offcourse those guys need their lappy, but please bring more c64 all when you can.

we really need that.

:)
2013-05-28 13:53
Frantic

No need to think! Just watch the BFP 2013 invitation!

BFP 2013 Invite
2013-05-29 09:40
Sixx

2013-05-31 01:23
Fungus

Big Flens Penis \o/
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
DJ Gruby/TRiAD
jmin/F4CG
Guests online: 75
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)