Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > where are my comments perff?
2006-09-25 15:49
chatGPZ

where are my comments perff?

this is incredibly lame. until now i thought readding a release in order to get rid of unwanted opinions is lame, but having them silently removed by the admin, without even noticing anyone, beats that by a large extend.

please tell me how i can be sure that noone messes with my entries and forum posts (and further comments), since i have no intention of further supporting a database where you can't be sure of exactly that.

bah. kids. grow some balls, mom can't take care of you forever.

... 42 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-09-25 18:46
Jon
Account closed

Quote: First of all, hail Perff for everything he's done.

What i don't understand is why raggin' should be left out of the CSDb? I belive there is a reason for these nasty comments, like Crypt's sudden co-op with the mentaly sick Wanderer for example. If someone is offended why don't they stand up for themselfs and try to understand WHY they get those comments? It's not like mr.avarage scener get's those comments on his products, right? Some people should get their act together and stop beeing so good damn lame. Hurm. =)

Quick answer:

Because we aren't teenagers anymore.

Long answer:

We are members of a very small scene with a niche userbase that create things on a 25 year old computer.

Watching this Wanderer / Crypt drama is like watching a boxing match in a small closet.

The entire Wanderer crap has been going on for well over a year (at least since I joined the CSdB) and it has been cumbersome for the last eight months. He has been beaten back to his own corner of the Web, and still the attacks continue relentlessly.

A serious scene would have dismissed any agitator as a troll and ignored him or her. For some reason, that has not been the case here. I'm not sure why, exactly, and nor do I care. I have dismissed the entire episode as "needless scene drama" and minded my own business. But recently, the DB has been defiled (deleted entries, anonymous sabotage, etc.) due to this nonsense. It's time to just let it go.

There is little in this scene to keep it from becoming an insulated clique. I'd just like this whole nonsense to go away so we may do something constructive around here for a change.

Don't like a release? Constructive criticism, not damning words, would be nice.

Don't like a group or scener? Who cares?

Let the scene breathe for a moment.

-Ninj
2006-09-25 19:06
Thunder.Bird

...and please, don't forget to vote, even if it's hard to vote with "3"
2006-09-25 19:08
chatGPZ

i'll give you a 10 for "public relations" =)
2006-09-25 19:17
The Ignorance

Still didn´t see a sense in tolerating recracking, freezing
and releasing pure crap.
Now we are back at the "BETTER RELEASE UTTER CRAP THAN NOTHING"-topic to repeat each day: THIS SCENE IS STILL ALIVE!
And secondly why do I have to tolerate such releases on a so-called SCENE-database? There were unwritten rules since the
80ies and so the breaking of them is cool in 2006? WOW!
Close this "SCENE"...
2006-09-25 19:20
SECRET MAN
Account closed

Quote: Quick answer:

Because we aren't teenagers anymore.

Long answer:

We are members of a very small scene with a niche userbase that create things on a 25 year old computer.

Watching this Wanderer / Crypt drama is like watching a boxing match in a small closet.

The entire Wanderer crap has been going on for well over a year (at least since I joined the CSdB) and it has been cumbersome for the last eight months. He has been beaten back to his own corner of the Web, and still the attacks continue relentlessly.

A serious scene would have dismissed any agitator as a troll and ignored him or her. For some reason, that has not been the case here. I'm not sure why, exactly, and nor do I care. I have dismissed the entire episode as "needless scene drama" and minded my own business. But recently, the DB has been defiled (deleted entries, anonymous sabotage, etc.) due to this nonsense. It's time to just let it go.

There is little in this scene to keep it from becoming an insulated clique. I'd just like this whole nonsense to go away so we may do something constructive around here for a change.

Don't like a release? Constructive criticism, not damning words, would be nice.

Don't like a group or scener? Who cares?

Let the scene breathe for a moment.

-Ninj

I agree.
2006-09-25 19:37
Matt

why don't we all just shake hands?

and have plenty of beers and kilos of weed 8)

nah all I mean is groepaz I understand you're upset about this but I think there's little to blame perff for. without asslicking I think he's a fecking great administrator and I sure think most of us think the same about him. so I wasn't really kidding about the "shake hands" thingie.
what do you think?

eh I was serious about the weed and the booze too I'm affraid 8)
2006-09-25 19:41
chatGPZ

and i won't shake hands with everybody, even if i'd get some kilos of weed =)
2006-09-25 20:20
Perff
Administrator

Havn't read the entire thread, but I guess this refers to me going crasy on the delete botton for comments.
Well. I saw that there was 20+ comments on a release, where almost none of them were related to the release itself, but more or less was a discussion about how lame WDR is or something similar.
Being tired seing discussion and "you suck" like personal attacks in the user commentss instead of simple "I think ... about this release", so I went a little crazy.
Night.. zzZZzz
2006-09-25 20:25
Hein

\o/

go wild!! woohoooo!
2006-09-25 20:31
Matt

Quote: and i won't shake hands with everybody, even if i'd get some kilos of weed =)

damn
and I really thought that was an offer you couldn't refuse.
man I'm getting old 8)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
DanPhillips
void256
iceout/Avatar/HF
Yazoo/Arsenic
Durandal
kbs/Pht/Lxt