Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Defilus ! (Registered 2024-10-04) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Scene parties & events over the years
2008-08-16 23:31
Jazzcat

Scene parties & events over the years

For the upcoming Recollection magazine I wanted to host a segment on C64 parties.

When and what was the first big/real party for the C64 scene?

Which parties were wicked and which ones were flops? (why?)

What were some of the crazy incidents that happened at parties? (e.g. the story about the 'teargas incident at TP' or 'fartgas at Dexion'88', fights, strippers, unreleased demos showing on the bigscreen that are still lost like the Too Drunk To Fuck/Upfront etc).

The article should showcase the events that were successful on C64 and promote the details behind the success.

2008-08-17 06:15
SIDWAVE
Account closed

First real big party is Dexion 1988 in Denmark.
It's international, and many known sceners are there.
It was on a school in a gym, and we slept in classrooms.

Flop/wicked: Danish Gold 1988.
We arrive at a scout-hut in a forest, and inside is 20 people, no room for more, and outside are 100 people!
So they get a community house fixed in some hours, and we move there. There are power problems, but we have some fun anyway. The party lasts on into the night or 24 oclock, anyhow, it was a 1 day party, but many internationals were there. The nearest food supply is 10 km away or so, and well this was crap. Despite this, I wouldn't call it a complete flop, since so many famous dudes were there.

Fartgas on Dexion 1988: Warp/2000 A.D. has some canisters of fart gas, and sprays some sleeping bags. It's horrible!

Scandal at Dexion 1988: Ecan/Wizax gets caught stealing Starman/Dexion's Final Cartridge.

Some of this has already been told before, but ok, now its for VN...

Elite VS Lamer: On Dexion 1988, think it was Apollon/2000 A.D. sees a demo, or anyhow decides that a guy with his C64 is a LAMER, so he pours the C64 with 1 liter of cola. Cant remember if that killed it..

Jealousy: On Upfront (Esbjerg) party, Blitz/2000 A.D. (who is a graphician), walks with me past some guys to scan whats going on. We stop at a graphician from Thanatos, who has nearly a logo ready (he's working on it). It's quite a nice logo, and thats more than Blitz can handle, so he simply turns off the dude's C64! while saying something like "thats a crappy logo!".

(Hey Blitz :-)
2008-08-17 08:33
Stainless Steel

I still remember some funny events from the Zargon/Ikari party . Its a bit blurry though.
2008-08-17 09:16
Jazzcat

For an Australian, so damn hard to attend parties, maybe I'll make it to The Force Australian Summer Beach Party '09 next year.

I did attend X'2004, which was a nice event. Vengeance was out of his mind, on 5 different lots of drugs, he was screaming "Success TRC rules" constantly the whole time and did a 30+ hour bar shift. When we left the party together with Deekay, Snacky, etc in the notorious "bang bus" lookalike, Vengeance could barely speak (he sounded like Mario Puzo's Godfather). Fun times!
2008-08-17 11:58
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Sunday at X-2004 I could hardly speak. the booze had rewired my head. words came out as jpg - after returning home i went to hospital with a psychosis.
2008-08-17 14:15
Dane
Account closed

The Flash8-incident at Tribute 1994 springs to mind. Triad borrowed it from Macgyver to crunch the partydemo faster, and when he returned to get it we ouldn't find it. :O
2008-08-17 16:11
Stan
Account closed

I remember a Hitmen meeting - not. Groepaz should tell the story instead...
2008-08-17 16:14
chatGPZ

ROTFL
2008-08-17 17:01
chancer

I remember (sort of.. I was smoking and drinking =) ) x95 the only party I attended so far, it was cool meeting people who I'd know only to speak to etc. Burg & Moren esp. 99% of the people were cool , except 3 idiots who were just I dunno, not so cool (no names). Meeting new people was nice also, Jucke, Harlequin etc. Watching radio napalm by reflex.

A lot of people used to show up for shows in London, that was cool. I remember meeting TMR and Skywave at one in Novatel, must have been 87-88? and Odie at other shows.

Loads more used to attend the pcw show say in 87-90? in earls court. Lots of groups showed up. People like Jeff Minter / Ash & Dave / Martin Galway were around as well as known compunet people also. I spoke to both Jeff and Martin briefly, both were very polite / good to talk to.

later shows AJ & CBA showed up for the ects shows. One of the shows I remember a load of amiga idiots decided to do grab and run with what stands were selling and the place was invaded by police. After that the event was trade only, was a pity.

I do remember blagging NOP/cycleburner a ticket.. meeting people like tricket & karate kid, JCH and more.. nice times...

Although poor Ice cube from Dom was the brunt of the practical jokes at the show.

only thing I didn't like was solar turning up at many events, that guy just had a s*** attitude, but maybe I'm not the only person who thought that.
2008-10-02 21:21
Walker
Account closed

This is kind of Stockholm`ish...

I meeting north of Hallunda, out in Norsborg. It was hosted by Paragon and friends. On the friday evening/night alot of Censor guys was their and drinked alot.

On the saturday it was mostly Paragon, Horizon etc, and it was the first time I meet Jayce and Marcus.

Must been in 1991, the summer after I was sacked from Warrant.
2008-10-03 06:17
null
Account closed

x2006

fun stuff:
seeing a bunch of drunk dutch guys giggling in the corner. upon further inspection it appears they have made some half arsed attempt at mummifying some drunk passed out guy with toiletpaper :_)

suckiness: having proper beds but not being able to sleep ( damn you snoring sceners + way too fun party! ;_) )

Oxyron Party 2007

fun stuff:
Streetuff standing in front of the beamer with a beer in his hand to piss off McGyver who is busy with a Protofucksion gameshow or some shit. McGyver got really angry, wanted to throw a bottle at Tuffi :_D

suckiness:
the cold. it was really, really, really cold.

Breakpoint '07 / '08
( I'm just gathering memories from both, really mixed up )

fun stuff:
lets see.. so many stuff.. shouting AMIGAAAAAAAAA and SCHEISSE and whatever all the time is always fun. shouting stuff in general is fun. <3 meeting a lot of people.

suckiness:
it has less of that 'family feeling' ( as gay as that may sound ) as opposed to smaller parties.
it's huge. really huge. hard to find people.
sitting next to a couple of gamerlamers.

...I'll remember more later, it's early now.

------------------------------------
http://zomgwtfbbq.info

... 8 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Mr SQL
algorithm
Didi/Laxity
SplAtterpunk
Yogibear/Protovision
Jope/Extend