Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > why cracking lame games?
2012-01-25 22:30
Dr.j

why cracking lame games?

hey there , i beleive some of you especially the crackrs wan't like my topic but i hardly can understand how decent groups cracking such lame "new" games , that some of them made on basic (or look it..), especially previews or unfinshed games. i understand the desire to crack and to continue the good old cracking scene (thats important and i support it) but for god sake the intros look much better than the games , only a few looks decent like POP 3 but the rest (as much as i saw lately) are really poor . i feel uncomfortable with this cracking.

... 39 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2012-01-29 16:45
The Ignorance

And here some points for you pointless people.................
................................................................................ ................................................................................ ................................................................................ .......................................................................
2012-01-29 18:17
Mr. Mouse

Quote: Aye, I think I pointlessly misunderstood the pointlessness of the point somewhere.

Aw... Hell. Let's have a beer :)

I second that, cheers mate !
2012-01-29 22:01
Dr.j

i want to emphasize and clear some things.
1. i love games!! i appricate the efforts ppl are making
to make such wonderfull games no matter if its on basic or Asm. i myself envy at ppl who know to code games and release games that are not commercial only for fun . thats another aspect to contribute the scene like demo, gfx ,
music and anything else. keep doing games!
2. i dont like when cracking groups release unfinished
games , or 90% games that the autor show privately . i
prefer the original game the autor wrote and spread .
a lot of trainers are not needed for such games. and i dont talk when crack make the game buggy etc.
3. cracking is great but not every game!!
we ARE all one great community and lets keep it cool !

2012-01-30 16:14
bugjam

Quoting NecroPolo

The scene was built on cracking games on a big part and now it is a starving beast that jumps on anything that moves. Law of nature. It is like a field with some trees, a dosen of zebras and a thousand lions.

OK, I get the zebras and the lions, but what do the trees stand for? :-)
@Dr.j: on point 2: also previews being spread by cracking groups has a historical precedence, and checking the download numbers, people's taste and opinion on this topic differ widely (not surprisingly...); I would just ignore what I don't like.

And I am all in for a beer or five or nine - so let's drink X dry this year! :-P
2012-01-31 07:19
bepp

Quote: Quoting NecroPolo

The scene was built on cracking games on a big part and now it is a starving beast that jumps on anything that moves. Law of nature. It is like a field with some trees, a dosen of zebras and a thousand lions.

@Dr.j: on point 2: also previews being spread by cracking groups has a historical precedence, and checking the download numbers, people's taste and opinion on this topic differ widely (not surprisingly...); I would just ignore what I don't like.

And I am all in for a beer or five or nine - so let's drink X dry this year! :-P

Amen!
2012-01-31 07:56
NecroPolo

Quote: Quoting NecroPolo

Trees are just screen fillers in the 1000 Lions vs 10 Zebras sideways scroller :)
2012-03-19 01:39
PARALAX

Quoting The Dr.j
hey there , i beleive some of you especially the crackrs wan't like my topic but i hardly can understand how decent groups cracking such lame "new" games , that some of them made on basic (or look it..), especially previews or unfinshed games.

It's sad that many groups are still fighting about the best or first release and even use insults in their scroller instead of private conversation. Same for comments how good or worse the game is which have been cracked. That's one of the reason why I skipped their intros often, even when it contains some very nice graphics or sound.

I generally think that "lame games" are relative. I even had much fun with BASIC games when I type them from magazines in the 80's and 90's, even when it works. ;-)

There's naturally no comparison with commercial games or products, even not with many free games and demos written in machine code. But I wonder when I often like to play some simple BASIC games like "Kniffel" which makes more fun than a commercial game with good graphics but short-time fun factor. It's all about the authenticity. :-)
2012-03-19 07:26
hedning

I don't think it's sad. I think it's quite amazing. :D
2012-03-19 07:34
MagerValp

Quoting PARALAX
It's sad that many groups are still fighting about the best or first release and even use insults in their scroller instead of private conversation.

Au contraire. This place would be a lot nicer if we had a bunch of demo wars instead of forum bitching.
2012-03-19 07:37
chatGPZ

magervalp wins =)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Guests online: 123
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)
4 Edge of Disgrace  (9.6)