Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Erik_Bam ! (Registered 2024-05-26) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #68842 : Be Sick Beta (90%)
2008-07-24 11:43
Scout

Release id #68842 : Be Sick Beta (90%)

I won't degrade myself in name calling like every 14 year old does.

Yes, I agree with Oerg; it's his release and he can do with it want he wants to.
But, if you put your release on a public site where people have the possibility to give an opinion, be prepared for the worst.
And especially when I'm around. Why I'm so harsh is explained now;
I can only agree with the words from Sander:
Quote:

I myself am getting sick over this petting culture. Petting the ambition and progress out of people :( And if you can't stand comments like these, than don't look.

I am also sick and tired of sceners that embrace every newcomer that has fun in entering 10 PRINT"HELLO" hoping that they will take over the scene-spirit we had back in the late '80s and '90s.
Wake up. It's over and it will never happen.
A few newcomers like Conrad know and understand what the deal is with the scene and they put out releases when they knew the time was ripe.
Petting and nurturing some kids from the Retro Computerclub from Shitholetown isn't the way to do it.
My opinion is to nip the lamers in the butt before it is too late.
2008-07-24 11:47
SIDWAVE
Account closed

so you still hate knoeki because he is better than you at coding ?
2008-07-24 11:48
cba

Knoeki is the cuddle toy of the current c64 scene.

One is enough...
2008-07-24 11:49
Scout

Quote: so you still hate knoeki because he is better than you at coding ?

Please stay on topic, Jan.
2008-07-24 11:52
SIDWAVE
Account closed

scout, i disagree. if someone tries to learn to code, and release stuff here, let them. nobody stopped us when we was 15, so why we should stop anyone ? your arguments dont work. and you are back to old negative scout mode again that made you quit csdb some months ago. if you cant be positive about anything, its time you quit again. you disappoint me.
2008-07-24 11:58
Britelite

I don't think most people have anything against newbies releasing their stuff. But it seems to be a common pattern that a new guy releases crap, he gets negative comments and reacts by personally insulting the people who comment, instead of learning his lesson and improving.

We could all ofcourse express ourselves a bit better instead of just throwing a bucketload of crap at shitty releases, but the people making those releases should also be able to handle the critique.
2008-07-24 12:01
chatGPZ

i actually agree with scout. and rambones, it's not about "stopping" anyone. i don't think anyone has a problem with newcomers. or even with newcomers releasing shit.
it's just that when someone releases shit, he should be prepared to read that others think it is shit. and others should be allowed to tell wether they think it is shit. the arsepetting doesn't help anyone.
2008-07-24 12:54
HCL

This is after all just a phorum, like any other phorum. This is the place where people may yell and behave assholely without any clue of common sence. If you come here like a n00b, do crappy stuff, and anwer respectless with bad spelling and grammar etc, you'll most likely get the same STFU LOL shit back rite? Why so surpriced!?
2008-07-24 13:10
Matt

scout,
it's a bit shitty you compare him with conrad. he happens to be a brilliant coder/musician/graphician and oerg obviously isn't but what the heck?
you're entitled having an own opinion ofcourse you do but why be so harsh? it does sound elitish I'm affraid.
don't really know why you're so upset? you could just easily have ignored him. obviously you hate this kind of crap (which it is) and you seem to be on a mission to ban any release like this but then isn't half of all the releases in this database not crap then?
take a chill pill and enjoy the weather mate, while you can.
2008-07-24 13:23
Scout

Quote: scout,
it's a bit shitty you compare him with conrad. he happens to be a brilliant coder/musician/graphician and oerg obviously isn't but what the heck?
you're entitled having an own opinion ofcourse you do but why be so harsh? it does sound elitish I'm affraid.
don't really know why you're so upset? you could just easily have ignored him. obviously you hate this kind of crap (which it is) and you seem to be on a mission to ban any release like this but then isn't half of all the releases in this database not crap then?
take a chill pill and enjoy the weather mate, while you can.

I did not compare the skills from Conrad with Oerg's;

Quote:
...and they put out releases when they knew the time was ripe.
2008-07-24 13:37
null
Account closed

Quote: i actually agree with scout. and rambones, it's not about "stopping" anyone. i don't think anyone has a problem with newcomers. or even with newcomers releasing shit.
it's just that when someone releases shit, he should be prepared to read that others think it is shit. and others should be allowed to tell wether they think it is shit. the arsepetting doesn't help anyone.

agreed. I mean, I put out some crappy stuff, but did I whine about getting crappy comments? no. I didn't. I know I'm a crappy coder, and likely that won't change in a few days, but I'll still release my crap, and will expect to get negative comments.

tl;dr: life sux, then you die.

------------------------------------
http://zomgwtfbbq.info

... 24 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Gregfeel/Lepsi De, S..
Fred/Channel 4
Grue/Extend
E$G/hOKUtO fOrcE
katon/Lepsi De
zscs