Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Questions > Releases cracked by an individual not a group
2006-08-22 22:28
Cyberad
Account closed

Releases cracked by an individual not a group

I've been trying to add in some entries that were cracked by individuals and not groups, such as Bruce Lee (1984). I've noticed that for a C64 Crack, you can add multiple groups and it will say "Released by ..." and list the groups; you can't do such a thing for a specific person.

Am I missing anything here? Shouldn't there be a way to list a release by an individual?

-cr/rpg
2006-08-22 22:38
Wanderer
Account closed

1) "Add credit"
2) "Choose a scener"
3) "Credits for release"

:)
2006-08-23 08:44
tlr

Quote: I've been trying to add in some entries that were cracked by individuals and not groups, such as Bruce Lee (1984). I've noticed that for a C64 Crack, you can add multiple groups and it will say "Released by ..." and list the groups; you can't do such a thing for a specific person.

Am I missing anything here? Shouldn't there be a way to list a release by an individual?

-cr/rpg

It should, but there isn't.
Check how it is done for 1103 for instance. He released a lot of cracks under his own name.
2006-08-23 08:46
Perff
Administrator

When we thought up the structure of the database of CSDb we didn't think about that a release could be released by a single person, but that it is always released by a group. Sceners can only be credited for a release - not directly release it.
Over the years we had a lot of complaints of this, especially on graphics and music, because those are mostly done by single individuals, so we made a hack for those release-types, which would display the person credited for the release as the one who have released it if no release-groups were attached. Nasty hack..

Well.. How many other release-forms can one think of as could be released by single individuals? All? Perhaps a re-design is in place here. :/

Comments?
2006-08-23 09:03
Jetboy

Lets asume that all release types could be released by person. That way we would get consistent system.
Of course if there is a feature it doesnt have to be used, but when it becomes needed it is already in place.
2006-08-23 09:03
tlr

Yes, all forms.

I release my stuff with no group for instance.
As a workaround we could decide to create placeholder groups with the same name as the scener, and a comment saying it is a placeholder for that particular scener.
(which has already been done for many compunet coops, Ian & Mic, ...)
2006-08-23 09:11
Perff
Administrator

Ok. One question left.
I think the solution would be to simply make it possible to attach sceners as "released by" (adding another cross-table between releases and sceners), and make a little extra code in the "add released by" so that one can select a scener also.
But what if someone selects both a group (or more) and a scener (or more)? Should they be listed on top of eachother, or should it only be possible to either add groups OR sceners, and not both?
2006-08-23 09:11
tlr

The new system must allow for selecting any combination of group and scener to be selected as the releasing party.
Preferably it should be selectable (via template?) how the combination, if any, should be written. (i.e Ian & Mic, Ash+Dave, etc...)

Also any group or scener (or combination) must also be able to be credited for coding, graphics, etc... (i.e Music by Maniacs of Noise)
2006-08-23 09:19
tlr

@perff: I posted while you where writing.
I think your solution is a good compromise for now.
I prefer a comma separated list with sceners first and groups last.
Allow any combination.
2006-08-23 09:27
Perff
Administrator

Ok. We take the simple solution for startes. Shouldn't take to long to fix, but there will undoubtably be a lot of places where there are "released by" where I forget to fix the code, so it won't display sceners and lot of other stuff, but that we can fix over time i guess?
2006-08-23 10:24
Perff
Administrator

Ok. done. (quick one this time. :) )
However it was done VERY quick, so it's only fixed on the release-page. Everywhere else in CSDb it will not be displayed if a scener is set to have released something.
But that will come in time... :)

PS. Hope my boss dosn't notice what I spend my working hours on. :)

Edit: I fixed a few more places now, but still far from done. Hope however that I got the most importaint places fixed.

... 19 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
fegolhuzz
MaD ][/Starship
bugjam
Didi/Laxity
Mac Bacon
Clayboy