Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Questions > dentro vs onefiledemo
2003-03-07 08:31
Dwangi

dentro vs onefiledemo

I noticed that there are one category for dentro and one for onefiledemo... so what is the difference?

... 29 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-03-11 01:19
yago

An Intro is something like a Demo, but it MUST be linked in front of another Production, mainly Games.

A Demo is a graphical and musical Presentation, which does not require User-Input.

Trackmo is a Demo, which can't be filecopied.

I don't know, what a retro,joketro,dentro,hoaxtro,vaportro or a windotro is! (Not to mention Linutro or slashdotro)

If the People like these Categories, there will be sure Releases, but /me sticks to 4k-demos and trackmos!

Zed Yago/K2
PS: I need more Alcohotros!
2003-03-11 03:22
Eyeth
Account closed

Quote: if it's just late, no... if it gets canceled, I suppose it's gonna be a canceltro...

One word I'd definately wanna keep: Hoaxmo... Meet Crest =)

Oooh-

I'm pretty sure that those Crest sceners do read CSDb... But, what the heck, I'll throw in 'vapormo'. :)

If anything, hopefully the Crest savants are egged onto finishing "Meet Crest". :)

Enjoy.
-Todd Elliott
2003-03-11 11:24
Mermaid

HCL: To me, "stopid" is a more stupid word than "Dentro".
And ironic or not, you *did* introduce a new term, despite your proclaimed dislike for any term besides "demo".

Graham wrote:
"megademos not more than collections of many small demos, while a trackmo is just one very big demo. so it makes sense to have an own category for this kind of demos."

Now...if that makes sense, shouldn't this make sense too:
"Onefiledemos are collections of many small demos, while a dentro is just one very big onefiledemo. So it makes sense to have a separate category for this kind of demo."
2003-03-11 11:37
Graham
Account closed

@vanja: so you would call demos like "future shock" or "metal bar" dentros? nopes.

i don't think we need the term "dentro". all demos after all, and the "mega" infront of "mega demo" just describes the size of the demo. anyone wrote a real mega demo yet? it should be about 1000000 times bigger than an average demo :D

and while we're at it: i think all trackmos should be renamed into "sectormos" on c64 because none of the trackmos actually has a trackloader. or maybe we should call 'em "blockmos"? :DDD
2003-03-11 12:30
TDJ

I know that I've made some writer-blockmos in the past :)
2003-03-12 07:00
Seven

Quote: @vanja: so you would call demos like "future shock" or "metal bar" dentros? nopes.

i don't think we need the term "dentro". all demos after all, and the "mega" infront of "mega demo" just describes the size of the demo. anyone wrote a real mega demo yet? it should be about 1000000 times bigger than an average demo :D

and while we're at it: i think all trackmos should be renamed into "sectormos" on c64 because none of the trackmos actually has a trackloader. or maybe we should call 'em "blockmos"? :DDD

hmm... what about kilo demos instead of mega demos? =)
2003-03-12 07:50
HCL

Vanja: We're not discussing "stopid" here, besides i don't agree with you. I'm sorry for messing up your dictionary by *introducing* that word, it really wasn't on purpose. It took me many days to code that demo, but just a few seconds to write that word in the note. Do i as well mess things up now, when i introduce the word "aartjlö" ?! or when exactly do i *introduce" ??

Back to the topic.. Again, why is a demo put into another category just because it loads sectors in a special way? Some other demo might toggle $d020 in a very special way, why isn't that enough to have its own category? The track- or sector-loader has nothing to do with the demo, rite?!

Fugeddaboutit..
2003-03-12 10:12
hollowman

i dont think it was the loader that caught peoples attention when scoopex released mental hangover and called it a trackmo, what was different was that you didnt hit left mouse button to continue, and the way the demo was put together, how the parts where fitted. and judging by how the term has been used since i have always assumed that trackmo=multifile demo where you dont press space, megademo=multifile demo where you do press space. now bring in wd so they can explain the chillmo concept
2003-03-12 10:51
HCL

Hollowman: So it's perfectly ok for you that "trackmo" doesn't have anything to do with "track"?

Even my own mistake "trashmo" has more to do with "trash".
2003-03-12 20:52
Rough
Account closed

Quote: Ok.. now i give you more words :)

Intro: funny program with the purpose to be put 'in front' of another program.

Demo (includes subtitles Demo, 64k-demo, 4k-demo, one-file-demo etc..): stand-alone program, often interesting and nice to watch.

The following words we throw away and never use again:
dentro, trackmo, trashmo, wedtro, as well as all other stopid combinations.

So be it ;).

i support hlc, fuck those 16/32 bit computer scene trash terms.

i also use the term "small demos" on my web site to define 1kb demos, music rips, plain logo show files etc.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fred/Channel 4
doctorfargo/Binary L..
celticdesign/G★P/M..
MMS_Z
Matt
Scrap/Genesis Project