Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > THE www party
2007-05-11 20:44
Rattus
Account closed

THE www party

Has any of you dreamed about a real THE Commodore 64 party ? I mean a really BIG BIG party somewhere in the middle of the world... Or in practise, maybe a party in all C64 scene countries, linked together via internet... Could be great...
What do you think about this ?
2007-05-11 20:48
SECRET MAN
Account closed

A sex party would be better
2007-05-11 21:17
CreaMD

Quote: Has any of you dreamed about a real THE Commodore 64 party ? I mean a really BIG BIG party somewhere in the middle of the world... Or in practise, maybe a party in all C64 scene countries, linked together via internet... Could be great...
What do you think about this ?

Anything over 100 people is a big party. If you mean something like 1000 ppl and demoscene.TV live coverage, I'm sure we still can organize such thing in future. No need to hurry. ;-)
2007-05-11 23:46
TGI
Account closed

little advertising like comment:

MO8 will be held at 25.5 - 28.5 in Luebeck, Germany

we will atleast stream the whole datadisko-event to the outside world... so if you can´t attend be sure to tune in at c64.com:8000 at fridaynight around 22h.

check the mo website for detailed information.
http://mo.c64.org
2007-05-12 01:00
ptoing

X06 was massive for C64 standards with over 120 people.
I think for a C64 only party that is about as big as it will get unless it falls on a date where more people can attend or something. Looking forward to X08 already :D
2007-05-12 08:28
Trazan

As for Party;
X96 was as I see it a great party, the core of the scene were present and sadly parted the weeks after the event, never to show up again. So many ppl, so much debates and discussions - how can we possibly forget the round of Poker, with 1st releases as bets?

The most close you can get to a bigbang party would be X parts these days, even if the BFP, MO and others do attract a great deal of ppl.

As for Sidstream from MO;
Yes - we will broadcast using the c64.com server, with 64 open slots filling up fast, we will also be providing you with extra relays - find out on #c-64 when time is right.

Data with your pants off. Kalsong!
2007-05-12 20:15
Rattus
Account closed

Maybe we could then concentrate on some already known success party like X... (is there such nowadays :) ) and enlarge it to many countries... So there would be THE X-party somewhere... then subX-parties at the same time, same releases etc... streamed all over the world. And as far as I'm concerned... Only pure Commodore 64 (maybe... Commodore) party. A party that would get on evening news... I think it is not impossible... What do you think ? Can we do it ?

2007-05-13 11:35
Frantic

Honestly, I don't think it is a very good idea. The whole point to have a party is to actually meet people. If you cannot only see each other through internet streams, then... well... then I don't see a huge point in having sub parties at the same time. Rather the opposite, to allow people to go to several parties in different countries (which they could not do if they were all at the same time).

But.. that is just a small objection compared to this one: It is completely unrealistic to even believe that this will happen. It would take a lot of organisers and noone would think it was worth it compared to just organising parties the way they are organised now. You have to keep in mind that there is in fact a limited ammount of people that organise c64 parties at all and not even the existence of smaller parties should just be "taken for granted". There is a huge step to go from there to a big shot party in 5 countries at the same time and so on.

You better visit BFP, X and the rest of the best. I am sure you won't be dissapointed with these parties just because they are not connected through the internet(eh..)

As for the evening news, I think that is precisely the place where a subculture like the c64 scene does not belong.

Sorry. Just my honest opinion.

Keep dreaming though. :)
2007-05-13 11:54
Radiant

I second Frantic. I just don't see the point - there are already several nice parties you can attend if you wish to meet people, and there's not really any demand for a bigger event - last year's biggest C64 only party, X, had plenty of room for more visitors, for instance. Better go to BreakPoint then, and meet up with people from other platforms as well. There you have ~1000 visitors. The remaining C64 scene isn't very large; it's not realistic to attract much more than 100 people for a single C64 party, including people travelling from abroad.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Pushead/Hokuto Force
Impetigo/Crescent
DanPhillips
TheRyk/MYD!
Jammer
Conrad