Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > random composing technique manifesto
2013-02-26 06:43
Hate Bush

random composing technique manifesto

by yours truly. commodore 64 features heavily in track 6, but also in tracks 1 and 3. enjoy the whole thing ;) thank you.
https://soundcloud.com/nonsenseabsurd

... 10 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-10-26 12:25
Reggy
Account closed

Quote: SID samples won't help here, this is terrible 201x Ibiza house stuff, sorry to say.

hmm, no prob if you don't like it, of course, but 'Ibiza house' was the last thing I'd expect :)

(mostly because I think that album is pretty ok, and I also hate that Ibiza-shit haha..)

checking his stuff on YT (didn't do that when I posted last night, I only know the album) made me realize why you're placing it under that tag, though.. but, f.ex.
this track was the stuff I was referring to..

Anywayzzz, no harm intended.. rock on!

Still curious about that randomness btw... ;)
2013-10-26 13:45
Cresh

From Soundcloud:

as pretentious as it is, i feel like i should provide you with a process description.
throughout the years of being in the studio, i had accumulated a fine number of instrumental and vocal recordings. what you can hear on this ep is the outcome of cutting them into very small pieces (95% were single chords, single sounds and single hits only, 100% were single tracks - not mixes) and rearranging them completely. the most important thing is that i had been picking them totally at random (fortunately, i own no perfect pitch). if they didn't fit, well, transposition and timestretching algorithms helped (or, more often, they did not). finally, all the crossfading, equalizing, compressing, transient modulating, effect plugging, mastering and so on happened.
you may ask: what's the point? the point is: throughout all that listening to and working on music, i became quite familiar with the theory and its cliches. i can't help it - the music i usually make is heavily influenced by that knowledge, the lessons and 'patents', no matter how hard i try to avoid them. but if i force myself to work exclusively on snippets of music, when the whole context is rather erased, the result may be... i don't know, at least a bit original? you're there to tell. surely it was refreshing to me, because of the randomization factor mentioned.
number of samples used in each tune is approximately 150. easy to count - if i ever release an album, it will contain well over a thousand samples.
meanwhile, enjoy the ep.
n/a
2013-10-26 16:52
Hate Bush

"My Way" by Akufen is one of my all time electronica faves! I also loved "Musique pour 3 Femmes Enceintes", released under his real name. good pick! ;)
Ibiza? puzzling association, to say the least o_O
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Linus/MSL
JEZ
saimo/RETREAM
sLASH
wbochar
Avalanche/Atlantis