Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > C64 still alive... wow....
2006-10-18 04:47
cdeenen
Account closed

C64 still alive... wow....

Just bumped upon this site. It's amazing to see that the C64 is still alive after 20 years. Nice to see that Maniacs of Noise is in the top 5 'groups' :)

cheers from Canada

-charles deenen
www.cdeenen.com

... 11 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-10-19 04:31
cdeenen
Account closed

haha, I can't forget about the old days. The old days of C64 have made me who I am today. If I hadn't done the C64 Lord of the Rings stuff I wouldn't have gotten my first 'full-time' job in the US. I'd probably be struggling in Holland now trying to make it as a programmer or music guy.

As to some of the other requests: sadly, I'll never touch the C64 again. As good as it was for me, I rather leave it be, like good memories.... I still have mine (anybody want it?), but it's been in the same plastic box for 15 years now, ever since I moved in '91 to the US.

Music is not my "thing", never was, never will be. For more info on that, give this a read: http://music4games.net/Features_Display.aspx?id=104 for a good laugh.

As to the question: what do I do in canada ? I'm the studio sr. audio director for EA there. The last projects I've worked on there were the last 3-4 Need for Speed titles.

Funny enough, just met Martin G face to face for the first time in Texas. very ncie guy.

Cheers.

-charles

2006-10-19 06:58
CreaMD

Quote: haha, I can't forget about the old days. The old days of C64 have made me who I am today. If I hadn't done the C64 Lord of the Rings stuff I wouldn't have gotten my first 'full-time' job in the US. I'd probably be struggling in Holland now trying to make it as a programmer or music guy.

As to some of the other requests: sadly, I'll never touch the C64 again. As good as it was for me, I rather leave it be, like good memories.... I still have mine (anybody want it?), but it's been in the same plastic box for 15 years now, ever since I moved in '91 to the US.

Music is not my "thing", never was, never will be. For more info on that, give this a read: http://music4games.net/Features_Display.aspx?id=104 for a good laugh.

As to the question: what do I do in canada ? I'm the studio sr. audio director for EA there. The last projects I've worked on there were the last 3-4 Need for Speed titles.

Funny enough, just met Martin G face to face for the first time in Texas. very ncie guy.

Cheers.

-charles

CD: Keep that C64. Just wait enough years from now and you, or your relatives can earn nice bucks for "deeenen's" machine. And if not, you will still have chance to return to the scene. You wouldn't be first... ;-))
2006-10-19 07:33
Oswald

it doeas already worth some bucks, just signyour name on it :)
2006-10-19 09:26
yago

*bows down to TMC*

Hello Charles Deenen,
nfs most wanted has awesome music.. "i am rock" :-)
Concerning your C64... maybe one day your old sid-tunes can be recorded from it, Galway has also done such a Project.

You know, each sid is different, and it actually makes sense to listen to a wav from YOUR machine.
Until then, keep it packaged and away from NTSC-Power etc.

Have Fun,
Zed Yago
--
If everything is worth money
money is worth nothing
2009-06-27 19:34
cdeenen
Account closed

Hi,
well, considering I gave my Atari and Amiga to Dave Perry, it's time to move my C64 as well. It's just gathering dust honestly.

But instead of selling it, I want to give it to a place where C64 music is commemorated. I tried to get Jeroen to give up his as well, but he says "never" :)

-charles
2009-06-28 09:14
Stainless Steel

Quote:
I tried to get Jeroen to give up his as well, but he says "never"

hallelujah, jeroen is still kicking it on the sid (he won last years x2008 music compo)
It's a shame you dont want to anymore. But still awesome to see you here, we are all big fans of your c64 work :)

Quote:
Music is not my "thing", never was, never will be.

Au contraire!

"That's the way it is" and "Mantalos" are two of the greatest SID tunes ever concieved (just to name two).

And I will duke it out with anyone who dares to disagree :-D

PS : Just imagine the lucky guy who someday might have both "Maniacs of Noise" c64's in his posession. Eternal bliss.

2009-06-29 04:58
vedos
Account closed

I agree with Zed Yago couldn't you loan your breadbox for someone trustworthy to record your SIDs (properly) from your machine.

And/or maybe Lord Knightmare could also make a filter curve of it for reSID-FP. :) I'm sure it could be arranged.

You missed also Steppe's question:
"Did you compose this http://www.c64.org/HVSC/DEMOS/UNKNOWN/Ninja_Remix.sid"

Respect to the man! :)
2009-06-29 07:28
WVL

Quote: I agree with Zed Yago couldn't you loan your breadbox for someone trustworthy to record your SIDs (properly) from your machine.

And/or maybe Lord Knightmare could also make a filter curve of it for reSID-FP. :) I'm sure it could be arranged.

You missed also Steppe's question:
"Did you compose this http://www.c64.org/HVSC/DEMOS/UNKNOWN/Ninja_Remix.sid"

Respect to the man! :)

I agree this would be very nice :) .mp3s for everyone to download the way the tunes are supposed to sound :)
2009-06-30 07:00
Stainless Steel

*bump*
2009-07-01 01:40
LocalH
Account closed

Quote: haha, I can't forget about the old days. The old days of C64 have made me who I am today. If I hadn't done the C64 Lord of the Rings stuff I wouldn't have gotten my first 'full-time' job in the US. I'd probably be struggling in Holland now trying to make it as a programmer or music guy.

Cheers.

-charles

EA? Development-only, or do you have any input on games that EA publishes as well? The reason I ask is because you'd be twice the legend you already are to me if you have had any input or work on the Rock Band series of games (dev'd by Harmonix but pub'd by EA) =)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
JEZ
Linus/MSL
saimo/RETREAM
sLASH
wbochar
Avalanche/Atlantis