Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > wandere deleats warez from others!!
2005-12-27 15:17
stash
Account closed

wandere deleats warez from others!!

wtf is this. i was browsing the SWA side i found out that this
pig wanderer has deleted all of our uploaded warez.. for what reason are u so incompetent to do a demo to rag back on crudsmoker or what is ur problem.. stay away take this as a wrning,,

and to the csdb admns why don´t any one do something about this when people start deleting other peoples stuff??

... 176 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-01-09 02:06
SECRET MAN
Account closed

Hungary,thats hard.The only word for this is mud.
It must be really hard to live in the largest slum of this world.We should collect for this babbler.
And it must be more as hard to call this board with a c64.But i heard the hungary people with get their first PC in the year 2007.Much luck

2006-01-09 09:14
stash
Account closed

secretpussy: damn ur shoes was ugly on that picture muhahahahaha..

wanderer: well i knew u should claim that the story would be a
fake just as ur self..

still i hink it´s lame of u to release an unfinshed game that
some one else did and take credit for it and i know ur behind
the deleting of entries.

and no it´s not a anti wanderer demo ur still don´t get do u
fucking retart it´s a protest demo and many people allready
signed up.. u don´t seem to have many friends
2006-01-09 09:21
CyberBrain
Administrator

Hmm.. After having been away for 4-5 days, this one is still going on...

Let me explain it from how we see it.

About the deletion of entries:
From where we stand, this has already been settled for about 2 weeks now.
Wanderer made a serious mistake. What he did is totally unacceptable. No excuses or explanations are valid reasons for deleting entries like that. However, we talked to him and he seemed reasonable. We decided to give him one more chance. The point is that it won't happen again (and it hasn't happened again).

We don't really know and we don't really care if it was Wanderer or his friend who did the deleting. We have assumed that it was wanderer all along, though. All we know was that an IP that was earlier used by Wanderer was used to delete the entries.

I think we all know the motivation behind what he did.
He might be too proud to admit it, but i think it's easy to see that like Slarti and Stash were not the only ones getting emotional. It looks to me like he was acting without considering what he was doing - he was not just getting back at Slarti, he was in fact harming everyone at CSDb and CSDb itself. I see no evidence that this was what he wanted to do.

Anyway, the case was closed about two weeks ago.

About the forum war:
Let us now look only at the forum-war (etc), and *not* at the deletion of entries.
Try to read the threads again. It's not as black and white as some people are trying to make it seem. Both parties were parts of the war.

This is getting really old. Maybe it's time to let it go? :)
2006-01-09 10:19
Style

We've all let it go Cyber - alot of us have realised that csdb moderation is severely lacking, and some of us will no longer contribute.

Thats the worst thing about this - it has shown up serious flaws with csdb moderation and leadership *again* (we dont have to mention what the first instance of that was).

csdb is, for intents and purposes, dead for me.

someone hacked csdb, deleted locked entries, and got away with it. No thanks.
2006-01-09 10:24
Jazzcat

Someone hacked csdb, deleted locked entries, and got away with it. No thanks.

Captures it all really.

People support this site, why can't this site support the people?
2006-01-09 12:27
stash
Account closed

bahh not worth my time.. i think it´s lame that wanderer get´s away just so easy...

2006-01-09 12:52
Crossfire
Account closed

Quote: Someone hacked csdb, deleted locked entries, and got away with it. No thanks.

Captures it all really.

People support this site, why can't this site support the people?

Hm, it seems to me that people are completely forgetting that csdb, atleast as far as I know, is run by people who are volunteers, meaning they run it in their sparetime and do NOT get paid for it.

If the database is such a problem, why don't you then simply offer a better solution? There might be a problem with the database, well, then simply solve it. Stop blaming people for their nice initiatives ;-)

To me, all csdb does IS support the people - the people of the C64 scene and those others interested in it.
2006-01-09 13:03
Jazzcat

Crossfire, when you're a moderator for a website you have certain responsibilities.

As nice as the moderators are on this database, they're quite weak in their reactions to certain events.

2006-01-09 13:14
stash
Account closed

and using different ip numbers aint hard just logg in from another computer and there u go a new ip.. so how hard can it be

2006-01-09 19:49
Crossfire
Account closed

Quote: Crossfire, when you're a moderator for a website you have certain responsibilities.

As nice as the moderators are on this database, they're quite weak in their reactions to certain events.

My point was simply that I think showing a little appreciation for once was overdue - think of all the manhours they've put into creating this database, don't just bark orders at them for trying to create a good forum. Do like anybody else in the world; if you don't like it, don't visit it.

If people all in all cannot act properly, they could just take the whole thing down, and none of us would have gotten anywhere..

Appreciation - and simply lock your releases from now on!

Like I said, I'm not taking sides in this, but I think attacking the maintainers for this, is really watching it get out of hand (as if it didn't a long time ago)
Previous - 1 | ... | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Sychamis
Yogibear/Protovision
Guests online: 104
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)