Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #102337 : Bleeding Ink
2012-11-01 09:30
wacek

Release id #102337 : Bleeding Ink

Fuck.
What's wrong with this one!?
The download link is there.
The explanation for deletion says "video != c64 release", yet other wild entries from that party (linked as wmv) remain intact!!! See here, wild compo -> Silesia Party 5
This is fucking bullshit.

... 15 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2012-11-02 11:20
chatGPZ

Quote:
There's a ruling elite on this site and it's starting to fucking smell.

there is a ruling elite on EVERY SITE. if you dont like this, you better leave the internet.
Quote:
I asked about the difference between the party videos and demo dvds.

video from venlo meeting documents a historic event and legendary party. video from c64 demos is boring uninspired crap that has no purpose other than not watching c64 demos how they were ment to be watched. no, i dont expect you to understand the difference.
Quote:
Instead of arguing about preferences there should be some practical conclusion.

indeed. and this solution can not be "just allow everything". as i said the other day on irc when lemmings head exploded :) the core problem is that there *must* be rules what belongs here and what doesnt - else ultimatively everything is "c64 related". and then everyone of us has different ideas of what is and what is not. and we will never ever all agree 100%. (and to be honest, if from thousend users a handful dont agree, then really nothing is wrong at all, as that will always be the case.)
2012-11-02 11:25
wacek

2012-11-02 11:31
wacek

Quoting Groepaz
video from venlo meeting documents a historic event and legendary party. video from c64 demos is boring uninspired crap that has no purpose other than not watching c64 demos how they were ment to be watched. no, i dont expect you to understand the difference.

This dvd contains much more than c64 demos, including recordings from historic events like parties, wild demos connected with c64 that are not available anywhere else and other stuff. No, I don't expect you to appreciate the creativity, inspiration and 4 years of slave work put into something you just deleted without any consideration.

------------------------------

I'll stop my "complaining" here, as continuing on this discussion may result in a ban of my person (read the rules). Instead, I have written a formal request to consider changes to the moderators. If that's a preffered way to solve such disputes, let it be.

I do not have any personal gain in these discussions. I sincerely think what I argue about is for the benefit of the site and the community. Anyone has a right to a different opinion.
2012-11-02 11:43
CreaMD

<Post edited by CreaMD on 2/11-2012 12:48>

You proposal of rules change would make this a C64 scene related database. The biggest value of this database is in more-or-less C64 executable data being stored here (with credits etc.). That's the content that has the highest value. Everything else is just the context... padding around it. I don't think having padding in the release timeline would make value of this database higher, therefore only solution in current situation is to try to not accept the padding as releases.

Simple illustration of what I mean:

Groups 6552
Sceners 18552
Releases 106675
Events 1707

Do you really think we should brag about ammount of C64 related releases or about ammount of files that are C64 executable*. If we start to accept everything as release we might double the ammount of releases in few years.. with what result? Would it make the quality of C64 demos/msx/gfx better? Did jingle compos, javascript demo compos, website compos etc. help to make PC scene parties better? I don't think so. Like I say in my profile, trying to please everyone is fastest way to failure.

But.. I think there should be some way of storing group related non C64 executable releases in the database. Somethink like I had at C64.sk news dustbin.. where I moved also releated stuff that I didn't consider directly a C64 scene news worthy.

*Let's not argue about details like why covers are accepted or why some entries are still there even when they are videos etc. I don't care about exceptions now. I'm trying to talk in general.

2012-11-02 11:48
sebalozlepsi

Pouet.net is waiting for C64 related material, which is not allowed on csdb.
2012-11-02 11:55
wacek

Seba, as you noticed I'm not supporting multiplatform parties anymore, and I also try not to support the multiplatform sites. I feel in my heart that my obligation is to contribute here. This is my understanding of being "c64 hardcore" ;)
2012-11-02 12:23
chatGPZ

http://www.scene.org/file.php?file=%2Fparties%2F1999%2Fmekkasym..

- made by people who are and/or where active on c64
- contains c64 references all over the place
- plays an actual sid tune

now does this belong here or not, and why?

"I'm not supporting multiplatform parties anymore, and I also try not to support the multiplatform sites. [...] This is my understanding of being "c64 hardcore" ;)"
honestly, this is my understanding of "stupid". but i can see now what your conflict with the intention of csdb is.
2012-11-02 13:17
wacek

Moving to insults now? Really?
Want to hear my definition of anal retentive?

Btw. is this entry OK:
Stary Piernik 4 Party Video
2012-11-02 13:32
chatGPZ

"Moving to insults now? Really?"
not at all. i just think its stupid. and csdb doesnt want to be a replacement for these multi platform sites which you dont seem to like for some reason (which i find a bit strange, considering your seemingly broad range of understanding what is scene stuff).
2012-11-02 14:41
wacek

I think we can exchange our ideas of "stupid" and things we find "strange" about each other till the end of time.
That's not moving anything forward.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
gorans
cba
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Mike
t0m3000/HF^BOOM!^IBX
Sychamis