Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > JCH NewPlayer 21.g4 beta
2005-08-23 16:09
Laxity

JCH NewPlayer 21.g4 beta

I febuary/march I decided to code a player for JCH's editor. Mostly because I was feeling like doing some tunes on the 64 again, after attending the X'2004 event. Basically I was annoyed by the tie-note syncronization problem with 20.g4 and just felt up to coding some 64 stuff again. For the past four, five months Drax has been testing the player, and given me some response as to what features to integrate into it and such. If there's any interest in trying out the player I'd release the present beta version with whatever bugs it suffers from. The player has been written from scratch and has some new features, and is roughly the same speed as the old one... So if people still use the JCH editor and find this interesing, please say so! I'd especially be interested in feedback in regards to bugs discovered and suggestions for features etc.

... 54 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-08-26 13:42
Laxity

That's because the delta frequency isn't a constant value. The frequency doubles per. octave.. Let's say C-1 is 100, C-2 would be 200, C-3 400 and so forth.. Therefore you can't just apply the slide value to all notes and expect the arpeggio to remain in key... Only the base note will remain in key as expected.
2005-08-26 16:29
Zyron

Jeff: Don't forget to send your editor to me when it's (finally) finished ;)
2005-08-26 21:13
Laxity

Oh shit.. Didn't notice your hosting offer there, Jeff.. Until now that is!.. Will make a zip with the beta and docs tomorrow and mail it to you, than I'll create the entry as soon as you put it on: whattheheck(dot)spam.sux.badly.and.all.that.crap.dk :)
2005-08-26 22:30
Soren

Laxity: good good, do so ;-)

Zyron: yep :-)
2005-08-27 14:02
Laxity

I just wanted to check out how the "add release" thing worked, and as I was easy as hell to actually upload, I decided to just do it right away.. I also mailed it to Søren, so there'll be an alternative if this one fails.

So.. "JCH NewPlayer 21.g4 Beta" has been added to releases and can be downloaded now. Please be so kind and comment all you like.. good AND bad, all is fine to hear.

I put a new JCH packer in the zip file as well, even though the old one works too. This packer packs the sequences a little better, as JCH forgot to pack the duration and tie note stuff together in his old one. BUT there's a bug in it (yeah.. well! Sorry), seems that I won't pack songs with more than $40 sequences.. So.. Need to fix that!..

I would be very interested in getting work tunes that will not pack using the packer, and worktunes that somehow crashes the player or otherwise don't work as they should!

There're a few work tunes in there, that are actually done with NP21.G3, but show most of the new features in use!

Have fun!.. And let me hear your thoughts, please! :)
2005-08-27 14:21
Nafcom

Quote: I just wanted to check out how the "add release" thing worked, and as I was easy as hell to actually upload, I decided to just do it right away.. I also mailed it to Søren, so there'll be an alternative if this one fails.

So.. "JCH NewPlayer 21.g4 Beta" has been added to releases and can be downloaded now. Please be so kind and comment all you like.. good AND bad, all is fine to hear.

I put a new JCH packer in the zip file as well, even though the old one works too. This packer packs the sequences a little better, as JCH forgot to pack the duration and tie note stuff together in his old one. BUT there's a bug in it (yeah.. well! Sorry), seems that I won't pack songs with more than $40 sequences.. So.. Need to fix that!..

I would be very interested in getting work tunes that will not pack using the packer, and worktunes that somehow crashes the player or otherwise don't work as they should!

There're a few work tunes in there, that are actually done with NP21.G3, but show most of the new features in use!

Have fun!.. And let me hear your thoughts, please! :)

Great! Eventhough I am no composer, I would like to thank you for adding it to CSDb! :)
2005-08-27 15:20
Laxity

No sweat.. For those just curious for the test tunes, they can be loaded and sys 3840 to run!
2005-08-28 09:34
Fanta

hi there,

laxity was so kind to send me the player some days ago, before the "officially" release. well, i am also trying out jeffs editor at the moment as this will be my new "soundsystem" :) but 21.g4 is VERY good, too. features like portamento, DSR/Filter direct commands, nice options for soft/hard restart and a much better (!) vibrato is just what jch users have dreamed of. i will never use 20.g4 again, no need to say more. try it out!

btw, it's a pleasure to see some activity from laxity again. that's compareable if ABBA would return with their beautiful and unforgotten melodies. GREAT! :D

god saves the petersen.
2005-08-28 09:42
Fanta

last note: the live play feature is not working. that's the only big disadvantage and will hopefully be solved in the future.
2005-09-05 17:31
DRAX

Hey Lax... what's going on? Releasing a version 21.g4 before letting me test it!!! ;) Well, just curious what is new compared with the 21.g3. It's a great player you have managed to put together ... the tie-note fix, the hard/soft restart switch, the cut-off function, the portamento, the filter change in the sequence and more. Really nice work...

Nice work tunes :D

Thomas
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
gorans
Mike
cba
kbs/Pht/Lxt
hedning/G★P
chesser/Nigaz