Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #102337 : Bleeding Ink
2012-11-01 09:30
wacek

Release id #102337 : Bleeding Ink

Fuck.
What's wrong with this one!?
The download link is there.
The explanation for deletion says "video != c64 release", yet other wild entries from that party (linked as wmv) remain intact!!! See here, wild compo -> Silesia Party 5
This is fucking bullshit.

... 15 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2012-11-01 13:46
bugjam

wackee: very well put. A bit of flexibility would be really appreciated; for the sake of our common goal to preserve scene history, if nothing else.
2012-11-01 21:28
Mace

This one is on the edge, on the wrong side of it, IMHO.

Disc covers are allowed, in the form of JPG or PDF.
Another file format would be a video...

That said, I think that a video made of paper art is not really a Commodore 64 release. It's not made on a C64 and the paper art itself can not directly be reproduced from that video.
Same as MP3 is not allowed for music.

This is just stretching it a little bit too far... yet, as I said, IMHO :-)
2012-11-02 09:37
wacek

Actually, youtube (=video) links are allowed in demo entries. Should they be banned?

MP3 links are allowed in music entries, especially 2SID. Should they be banned?

We have a "WiLD Demo" category in the database, yet many wild demos have no other form of existence than video. Video demos are part of the demoscene - check Amiga. Should the category be removed?

IS DEMOSCENE ABOUT CREATIVITY, ART, BREAKING BARRIERS OR THE OPPOSITE?
2012-11-02 10:07
chatGPZ

you really should *read* the rules before complaining. we deliberately do not have support for youtube for example. nor is there a "wild demo" category.

and whatever you think demoscene is about, csdb isnt the scene, and the scene is not csdb. ask jazzcat if in doubt =P
2012-11-02 10:16
wacek

Groepaz,
If you need to get to semantics to make your point... :)

1). I never said you support YT. But you allow YT links in releases. Why then does it say "The link you add must point directly to the binary." in teh edit screen? YT video is not a C64 binary. Care to explain this obvious exception to the unbreakable rules?

2). There is a "WiLD Demo Compo" category in events. Do you created it especially, so it stays empty because the wild demos themselves are not allowed to be put there? That makes a lot of sense, really.

3). I am still waiting for the explanation on the party videos.
2012-11-02 10:28
chatGPZ

Quote:
But you allow YT links in releases.

IF there is a link to a binary, then we MIGHT allow such links. if there is ONLY a youtube link, then the entry will usually get killed. no, by now i dont expect you to understand what the difference is anymore.
Quote:
There is a "WiLD Demo Compo" category in events. Do you created it especially, so it stays empty because the wild demos themselves are not allowed to be put there?

what do you think, is this for all and every wild demo, or is it for actual c64 demos that for some reason entered a wild competition?
Quote:
I am still waiting for the explanation on the party videos.

i seriously lost the motivation to explain by now to be honest. they are something entire different. if "bleeding ink" belongs here, then fritz lang is a c64 scener, i guess. if you dont get the difference, then i cant help you.
2012-11-02 10:38
wacek

I asked about the difference between the party videos and demo dvds. And please, quote the rules this time, so we are sure this is no some distinction that is just "in the moderator's conscience", like the difference between scene paper art in PDF and scene paper art in AVI with a SID soundtrack.
2012-11-02 10:43
wacek

Quoting Groepaz
IF there is a link to a binary, then we MIGHT allow such links.

So the rules MIGHT be bend for some? Just not for everyone?
2012-11-02 10:48
Conrad

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. There's a ruling elite on this site and it's starting to fucking smell.
2012-11-02 10:57
CreaMD

A bit offtopic maybe but I'll get to it in the next paragraph.. About 2 weeks ago I had finally got my DVD drive connected back in the PC and I still didn't run thos two DVD's that are sitting on my desk since I got them. I preffer to switch on C64 and compose or watch demos. I don't judge or anything like that but I don't feel guilty for that either. I just didn't ask for it, and I don't feel obliged to check it. I could forward it to someone else, just give me the address.

As far as my own opinion is concerned. I was always against more or less related C64 stuff promoted at c64.sk, retro nostalgiac stuff, various movements not directly supporting creative scene (like remixes, registered c64 religion, etc.) during the years my internal rules got weakened, and although I'm still against general stupidity, I appreciate everything that is promoting the scene culture in creative ways. Maybe even your DVD, which, however I didn't check yet because of various personal and emotional reasons.

I can understand the feelings. It's weird (;-) if people are not accepting something I consider to be good stuff (like my long time friend not wanting to watch some movies because from the synopsis he deducted that they will not suit his preferences). It's a bit frustrating and stupid, but one has to accept it. Most people won't tell us that they give a fkkk about what we do or love, we should appreciate those who sincerely tell us.

Roman

edit: this particular release seems to present some disc cover graphics in creative way (while playing sid tune in background) and it has entered a wild compo at some scene party. So it has some connection to C64 (creative) scene as it was created by C64 sceners, using C64 or C64 related material. (If I get it right.) So it probably could stay as entry in the database if there is will to accept it. Still if it doesn't stay, it might also be added to pouet which allows generally every release related to scene. There are still ways to get it spread.

Instead of arguing about preferences there should be some practical conclusion.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Bieno/Commodore Plus
iAN CooG/HVSC
Laurikka
Mason/Unicess
Dymo/G★P
kbs/Pht/Lxt