Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #160941 : LuftrauserZ +5D [cartridge]
2017-12-21 09:21
Didi

Release id #160941 : LuftrauserZ +5D [cartridge]

Am I wrong or is this the first time a "crack" is released on normal cartridge? Easyflash is quite common. In times of real hardware and mail or BBS swapping it did not make sense ofcourse.
Unfortunately you cannot auto-run .crt images because this suffix is commonly related to certificates.

... 10 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2017-12-23 01:25
Tim
Account closed

Mr.Ammo
rofl.. wait I think there was water, must check ;)

TheRyk:
sure, there's no points on a cart versions, see it as an athlete competing in multiple disciplines separately (so not as a decathlon).. and right now the idea of doing both is fun to do.

Do we think there should be points?
Well, I personally would not want to see it mixed with traditional first releases. That would be wrong in so many ways, much like having a soccer team playing a waterpolo team just because both sports have goals and a ball.

For the moment, we consider carts to be a way to explore a path we haven't been down and do some solid releases that users will like playing.

Oh and I understand the plain vanilla stock c64 idea all too well, but go to, say facebook (easiest I could think of) and find average joe's question "hi, I am new here.. what should I buy now to play some games".

The answer will be 1541U or SD2IEC, which are both fine answers if the main goal is to play games, it's 'just' a bunch of storage mediums, like carts are too.

And then there's the challenge perspective.. there is literally zero fun in slapping an intro on a preview that you happen to download from csdb first.. zero.

note: that's in no way a complaints, it's just pointing out the fact that it's rare to find anyone who finds them functional, entertaining or worthwhile in any way.

Yes we have done it, and most likely will continue to do so despite csdb visitors not liking it, as it's part of the points race, it's functional.. but that does not make it fun.. and fun is needed too :)
2017-12-23 02:37
chatGPZ

Quote:
Yes we have done it, and most likely will continue to do so despite csdb visitors not liking it, as it's part of the points race, it's functional.. but that does not make it fun..

does not compute
2017-12-23 08:12
Tim
Account closed

Quote: Quote:
Yes we have done it, and most likely will continue to do so despite csdb visitors not liking it, as it's part of the points race, it's functional.. but that does not make it fun..

does not compute

well, I sit in traffic jams to go from A to B too some times.. doesn't mean I like it ;)
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Exile/Anubis
megasoftargentina
Yogibear/Protovision
Icon/TRIAD
A3/AFL
Holy Moses/Role