Registered: Nov 2011
Event id #2889 : Intro Creation Competition 2019|
Preface: Please use this thread for questions, discussion and everything else concerning this competition.
Many people were asking about the competition being held this year. It turned out to be a good place to have it after the big X party each second year. But why not give it a try in between?
This time I decided to add a second category to the well known rules: 4kB intro! It is different to the 4kB intro category you know from demo parties. There the executable file has the limit of 4096 bytes and may allocate as much as you like during runtime. Rules here only allow to use 4kB overall for a different challenge. Please check the rules for more details. Result will show if that was a good idea.
Here you go...
Competition runs from November 4th, 2019, until January 5th, 2020. So you have a full 2 months to deliver your creations. This should be enough for an intro.
RULES for both categories:
Your intro entry...
- has to work on a plain stock C64 (PAL standard) without any extensions.
- has to be a one-part intro. Short fade-ins and fade-outs are OK.
- has to contain at least one Logo at whatever size you like.
- has to contain a changing or moving text message (e.g. scrolling text, different lines fading in & out, etc.)
- has to be interruptable any time by pressing SPACE-key (exception are short fade-in and fade-out).
- does not need to have exclusive graphics, charsets or music. But the code should be exclusive, so reuse of existing code with just exchanged graphics and music is not allowed.
- has not been publicly used before entering the competition.
- has to be handed in as executable format startable with RUN (.prg or embedded in .t64 or .d64).
Your 16kB intro...
- has a maximum RAM footprint of $4000 bytes at one block, at whatever location you like. Screen RAM counts as used memory. Exclusions are system addresses like VIC (inkl. Color RAM), SID, CIA, Stack, Zero-page, IRQ vectors. This means RAM besides chosen $4000 bytes area and exceptions has to be the same before and after running the intro. What happens during runtime is up to you.
- has to contain music (not just a humming sound, please).
- is linked to this competition as "C64 Demo" entry (sorry, no other fitting entry exists).
Your 4kB intro...
- has a maximum RAM footprint of $1000 bytes at one block, at whatever location you like. Screen RAM counts as used memory. Exclusions are system addresses like VIC (inkl. Color RAM), SID, CIA, Stack, Zero-page, IRQ vectors. This means RAM besides chosen $1000 bytes area and exceptions has to be the same before and after running the intro. What happens during runtime is up to you.
- does not have to contain any sound, but feel free to add some.
- is linked to this competition as "C64 4k Intro" entry.
You are allowed to enter maximum 3 entries per participant and category, so you are can enter 6 entries at best. Entries might be taken back from the compo until deadline. That means if you want to remove one of your works from the compo to make space for another entry from you, this can be done until deadline.
Deadline for entry submission is Sunday January 5th, 2020 at 23:59:59 (11:59:59 pm) CET.
Voting closes at Sunday January 12th, 2020 at 23:59:59 (11:59:59 pm) CET.
Voting platform is CSDb (with all disadvantages it may have), therefore entries have to be posted here.
Entries will be ranked by weighted average of CSDb votes. Entries with the same weighted average are ranked by their percentages of 10s, 9s, etc.
No prices to win, just the fame. May the best creation win!
... 172 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....
Registered: Dec 2001
The quality as usual of the Intro Creation Compo 2019 has been excellent. I am very impressed with the support and the amount of entries that were submitted. I even had a challenge on my had with the 4K intro category and managed to succeed.|
Well done to you all for taking part in this competition.
Registered: Oct 2004
Thanks hedning! Voted.|
Registered: Jun 2006
I've added all ICC 2019 intros (plus some out of compo where sensible) to my automated Twitch stream, for people who like to work with random crack intros in the background. They will be randomly played together with all other CSDB ICC entries each weekend.|
Registered: Nov 2011
Thanks Zyron & hedning for the packages to support the voting.|
@ ALL: VOTE! 2,5 days left to place your votes and bring the compo to a hopefully fair result. May the best production win!
Registered: Jan 2018
All voted, thanks Zyron. Hope more people join on the voting. Some intros have 60+ votes, while other have less than 10|
Registered: Aug 2015
All voted for. Enjoyable compo! Thx to everyone participating for the good times!|
Registered: Dec 2007
All voted, with my personal experience of appreciate overall the code, the graphics, the design and the music. As usual my votes are public so no strategies or downvotes are applied.|
Personal thanks to Didi - the organizer to keep the scene spirit alive, to the partecipants, the usual ones, the new ones, the resurrected for the c64 love, the voters.
The more votes keep more accurate the final result.
The one who feedbacked that bring fuel for the next compo and wish to improve.
Good luck to all and see you in the next releases.
E$G / Hokuto Force
Registered: Nov 2011
Half day left to vote for the entries for the final ranking! VOTE !!! |
Most voted entry has 65 votes and least voted ones have only 21 votes. I think you can doo better!
Use the packages with all PRGs properly named (provided by Zyron)
or packed into D64s (provided by hedning)
to make your voting life easier!
Go for it!
Registered: Nov 2011
So voting is finished and ranking is done. Unfortunately I still did not manage to check all entries, so I just marked ranks 1-5 for now. Rest will hopefully come soon.|
Congratualtions to the winners and thanks to all who participated with entries, voting and other support!
Registered: Nov 2002
Congrats to the worthy winners! <3|
|Previous - 1 | ... | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 - Next|