Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #186917 : The Last Ninja4
2020-01-19 02:50
PAL

Release id #186917 : The Last Ninja4

no one can vote on my art now

... 27 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2020-01-19 22:15
Jammer

Quoting Count Zero
IMHO you don't own shit when using a pseudoname for branding and don't use your real name here anyhow.

Ok - I'm obviously far from supporting Pal's drama but that sounded pretty arrogant, actually. Don't forget things we submit here are still our intellectual property :) Of course, authors voluntarily allow for sharing, reusing their work etc. but denying authorship and claims like the one above are off putting.
2020-01-19 22:47
Smasher

what Jammer said. other than that I don't get why sometimes some useful flameless topics get closed in no time and this one is still open.
2020-01-19 23:28
Shine

Quoting Count Zero
IMHO you don't own shit when using a pseudoname for branding and don't use your real name here anyhow.

Yours sincerely, future-PAL...

This tells "us" a lot! Congrats for your Coming-out...
(Not that i am really surprised)
2020-01-20 00:42
CreaMD

Quote: Quoting Count Zero

Ok - I'm obviously far from supporting Pal's drama but that sounded pretty arrogant, actually. Don't forget things we submit here are still our intellectual property :) Of course, authors voluntarily allow for sharing, reusing their work etc. but denying authorship and claims like the one above are off putting.

I agree. With great power comes great responsibility. Everyone should behave decently, but especially the moderators should balance assertiveness and politeness at the same time.

My thougts about what was happening: Attempting to remove compo entry because you aren't satisfied with votes is wrong. How would you do that after party, for example?

Get your shit together, everyone, and have a nice monday.
2020-01-20 10:59
Bacchus

Pål,

Get over CSDb votes. There is a category here that push their own votes up by pushing others down. There will always be someone giving you an undeserved shitty vote. That's not fair and most of the times that's not even their honest opinion. It's a vote with an agenda.

And there are envious assholes. After all, we are nerds which means that the relative share of people with issues is a lot bigger than in the general population.

And we are all instrumental in making this scene live on. There are at least a hundred people who would be a great loss if they stopped their activity.

Keep up the good work, and do test assure that you are appreciated. And don't use the CSDb votes as a meter for that appreciation as it gives false readingsm

Pontus "Bacchus" Berg
* FairLight Council *
2020-01-20 14:04
Danzig

Dear Pal,

I've seen several CSDb vote-dramas all over the place and still never get it.

You like your work? You got fans? You got crazy crowd at parties with stuff you did?

I know you can answer all 3 questions with a big fat YES, Sir!

So, stay with us, continue to amaze us and just ignore CSDb voting, it's silly anyway! We love you!

Cheers,
Danzig

PS: PAL fan since Emotional Breakdown ;)
2020-01-20 14:13
Smasher

@CreaMD+Bacchus+Danzig: mr.Pal asked a question about how voting system on CSDb works. AFAIK he never complained about a bad voting.
Then things escalated quickly and some avoidable drama happened.
LDX DRAMA
INX
STX DRAMA
JMP NEXTWEEKENDDRAMA
hey Pal: quitters suck. pls dont!
2020-01-20 14:19
Danzig

Quote: @CreaMD+Bacchus+Danzig: mr.Pal asked a question about how voting system on CSDb works. AFAIK he never complained about a bad voting.
LDX DRAMA
INX
STX DRAMA
JMP NEXTWEEKENDDRAMA

Nevertheless: avoid taking CSDb votes for real@all

Edit: Ok, found the other (closed) topic from Pal. Sheds some different light on the case :-D
Tends to be a problem with "I start a compo on CSDb" vs. "CSDb is for archiving scene-releases" in the first place.

The abuse of CSDb as a releasing (or compo) platform should be reconsidered.
2020-01-20 15:01
CreaMD

Quote: @CreaMD+Bacchus+Danzig: mr.Pal asked a question about how voting system on CSDb works. AFAIK he never complained about a bad voting.
LDX DRAMA
INX
STX DRAMA
JMP NEXTWEEKENDDRAMA

He kinda *did* complain. And I kinda suggest to everyone to work on their temper. Let's embrace the "coolenss" and "awesomeness" shall we? ;-)
2020-01-20 15:07
CreaMD

Quote: Nevertheless: avoid taking CSDb votes for real@all

Edit: Ok, found the other (closed) topic from Pal. Sheds some different light on the case :-D
Tends to be a problem with "I start a compo on CSDb" vs. "CSDb is for archiving scene-releases" in the first place.

The abuse of CSDb as a releasing (or compo) platform should be reconsidered.

I once was sceptical. I actually hated it when Didi started music compo while I was doing compo (at the same time) outside CSDB, but that is past.

I don't like flood of tiny releases on the release list either, but apart from that I find it positive that this kind of "abuse of CSDB" was invented. It created a lot of interesting compos and it probably reinvigorated the creative vibes of many sceners. Creativity is good. Maybe running compos should have their own tab in release list.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
fox/bonzai
Inge/HVSC
hedning/G★P
Higgie/Kraze/Onslaught
Asphodel
Guests online: 135