Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #189204 : The Curse of Rabenstein +DS
2020-04-01 21:04
Luca

Release id #189204 : The Curse of Rabenstein +DS

Submitted by Luca [PM] on 26 March 2020
Oh come on, this is *my* solution exactly like I added on Plus/4 World, in the same sequence and with some useless moves I added as markers! :D

Submitted by Luca [PM] on 28 March 2020
Few days passed and I got no answer, so let me write it clear, with no urge of opening a forum thread: Larry, I'm waiting you to speak about the solution you added as bonus to your crack. For general interest, this is the solution I added 5 days before your release, showing the same useless moves used as markers and the exact sequence of moves just like yours. In the name of the scenetiquette :)
http://plus4world.powweb.com/software/The_Curse_of_Rabenstein#s..

Submitted by Larry [PM] on 1 April 2020
I had missed the discussion here somehow. Well to answer the questions here:
1. I decompiled the Game's DDB File, means I have the complete Source incl. the solution, if you know how to read DAAD Sources. That's also the Source where I got the parser's Verbs from.

2. I have no access at Plus4 Forum. With public access you don't see any Solution of that Game.
3. I played the Game as it was available as Web Game.
4. I don't claim that the solution is completely done by me. I got plenty of tips from some Friends that like to play Textadventures.
However if you or someone still feels the need to be credited here. OK -> do it. I'm fine with that.

Submitted by Luca [PM] on 1 April 2020
You can freely see the soultion on Plus/4 World, even with no registrations (it's in the release's page btw, not in the forum, though the forum is registration free too), I've written it with the anti-spoiler option on, you only have to use the joystick :)
Ok, if you say it's not, there's no need to credit me. But believe me: it's in-cre-di-ble that your sequence is word by word identical to mine, and with some useless moves I myself put here just as a mark! :D
..and let me say you're magic, if you are able to accomplish what you said in point 1, both for me and the author of the DAAD compiler himself who I'm chatting right now :D

Submitted by Larry [PM] on 1 April 2020
Well if you are chatting with Stephan Vogt, then ask him if it's OK to publish the DAAD decompile, to prove my words. After all it's no rocket science to do, what I've done :)
2020-04-01 21:07
Luca

Ok, that's just for fun, btw love your crack ;)

Show me how you did find the solution decompiling the DAAD engine, finishing to write down a solution which is the same as mine written 5 days before, with the same usage of verbs (take/get), in the same sequence though unneeded for the game, adding some useless moves just in the exact point I added since the beginning as my personal marks, and that are not part of the solution. :)

Could it really be an in-cre-di-ble casuality?
2020-04-01 21:13
Larry

You've got PM !
2020-04-01 21:20
Luca

Yes, got it and read it, that's cool! How did you choose between take and get, deciding for the same verbs, also in other multiple choices, as I did? Why did you add the same unneeded moves just like me in the same sequence? Explain the logic line you've followed, and the role of the help from other companions...

Another funny example: for a mistake of mine, I alternated the verbs TAKE and GET several times...and your solution reports EXACTLY the verbs in the sequence I proposed, "take shovel", and "get soil" to say a couple of them :D

The unDAADed stuff doesn't show any solution, especially any precise sequence of solution.
In-cre-di-ble casuality, the same exact sequence!
2020-04-01 21:59
Larry

OK now I know what you meant with "Use Joystick". I just saw the gray bars and left and found no other place on the net with a written and complete solution. Lame, but that's what you do in a hurry before midnight...

However, I now took your solution written there and compared it with the text in Games Doc of my release. And indeed it is very similar (99%?!), but it's not 100% the same. Take both and compare them.
As I said, I did not do the whole solution myself. Infact it's assembled from different sources. My work was infact mainly the "coding stuff", means using decompile tools, changing some bits here and there, typing the text, assemble and linking the parts together, then spread it on the Boards and CSDB.
And due to the fact that "my Helpers" are not C64 Scene related at all, I didn't add any Credit for them here.
Mea culpa.
And as said before, if you want to see your name here under credits, feel free to add it. AFAIK the entry isn't locked by me (or someone of our Group).
2020-04-01 22:06
Luca

Larry my bad, I didn't get the "lame" I would have done around midnight... :o
Could you help me to find the different 1%, apart of one "space" that has been cut off to let the whole text fits in the screen?

And I have to repeat myself: I need no credits, if nobody copied my solution :)

It still remains in-cre-di-ble as casuality :D
2020-04-01 22:22
hedning

Just communicate and credit people. C'mon.
2020-04-01 22:25
Luca

Ah! Found the 1%, I wrote USE BUCKET two times (thank you, fixed!), all the verbs and the sequence of events, and the choose of single verbs are of course the same, in-cre-di-ble :D
Larry, sincerely: talk with "your Helpers", because I guess they had one single source for the solution ;)

hedning: he says that nobody picked up my solution, so why should I be credited? He's in his rights.
2020-04-01 22:36
hedning

Quote: Ah! Found the 1%, I wrote USE BUCKET two times (thank you, fixed!), all the verbs and the sequence of events, and the choose of single verbs are of course the same, in-cre-di-ble :D
Larry, sincerely: talk with "your Helpers", because I guess they had one single source for the solution ;)

hedning: he says that nobody picked up my solution, so why should I be credited? He's in his rights.

It's obviously your solution. If you want to supply solutions for text adventures in the future, contact GP and we'll credit and praise you.
2020-04-01 22:39
Luca

Quote: It's obviously your solution. If you want to supply solutions for text adventures in the future, contact GP and we'll credit and praise you.

Ok, nice tip! I moslty liked the words "if you want to", it makes the difference :)
2020-04-01 22:40
Larry

OK so the credits go to:
My Uncle Martin, Harald a friend of mine and one of our neighbors, a teacher who is into Text Adventures and Role Play games since decades. All of them have nothing to do with C64 and C64 Scene. Besides gaming on sixtyfour in the early 80ies. I can't tell you why they used the one or the other term and why. I had the digital release 2 days late, because I thought the Collectors Edition that I bought, would be shipped before the digital release. So I was pretty much suprised as HF came up with their release. Means I was already 2 days late, and had no time to do the solution completely by myself. I played the Web Version before, but did not complete, because of rare spare time. So I took the help that was there on phone, and two walls behind me....
I don't know if one of them took your solution or parts of it. My neighbor definately did not. And I verifyed with the decompiled Game Database and a Test Walkthrough. So again, put your name there if you like. It's OK for me.

... 9 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Didi/Laxity
t0m3000/ibex-crew
A3/AFL
Freeze/Blazon
AMB/Level 64
Krill/Plush