Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #194939 : CorGI
2020-08-24 01:35
Moderators

Release id #194939 : CorGI

User Comment
Submitted by Elko [PM] on 24 August 2020
Yeah Corona makes me sick and depressive. But i try to do the best of that shit, its a kind of "must" do this, to protect friends & family. From biological and evolutionary standpoint its full ok for me to live with all that restrictions ;-D but hey, do what ever u want, BUT live with the consequences.

DAMN what a mind-blowing scroll-text, cant believe it. A new LOW-Level.

User Comment
Submitted by ZeSmasher [PM] on 23 August 2020
many comments, so I had to read that infamous scrolltext... GI Joe just typed covid tests aren't 100% accurate and he's skeptical about the government's decision to wear masks.
well, I don't think he spread fake news like covid is an hoax or Earth is flat, so let's move on. and yes: coronavirus suxx!

User Comment
Submitted by Nordischsound [PM] on 23 August 2020
one point to say "this sucks", I'm on board. Guess what? just found out, that a friend of mine lost a aunt and a cousin in brazil, because of COVID-19

User Comment
Submitted by Honcho [PM] on 23 August 2020
I'm all for free speach, but ignorance kills.

User Comment
Submitted by Medicus [PM] on 23 August 2020
This production makes me sick!

*PUKE*

User Comment
Submitted by awsm [PM] on 23 August 2020
Kudos my friend for being able to release while being boozed, also I encourage free speech and respect your opinion, but I'd also rather happily enjoy a fresh dose of tripper than approve your scrolltext message.

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz [PM] on 23 August 2020
This scroller is a new low. And you should probably watch this video to understand the actual error ratio of those tests.

User Comment
Submitted by TheRyk [PM] on 23 August 2020
Freedom of Speech Disclaimer: Opinions of single members do not necessarily represent whole group.

Corona and fun, Corona and non-mainstream opinion, well... it was clear that this release provokes reactions.

In a way, I can understand iAN's reaction, especially as he's from Italy.

However, I've read through the scroll once more and found that GI-Joe _mainly_ just points out inaccuracy of some figures, nothing wrong with that imho, although I personally might not draw the same conclusions from that.

So what Jammer say bu also, freedom of speech includes GI-Joe is gonna endure that people criticize his view.

User Comment
Submitted by Jammer [PM] on 23 August 2020
His holy right to convey any bullshit he wants to ;)

User Comment
Submitted by iAN CooG [PM] on 23 August 2020
Very stupid message in the scroller. Just because you were lucky to not get infected so far doesn't mean the Covid is an hoax, it's serious and you should be always careful.
2020-08-26 20:38
GI-Joe

Hi,

thanks 4 your comments, somehow I had expected such comments. Let me give some answers to your comments and background on this release.
I hope that this discussion will be more factual than emotional.

@iAN CooG:
No, I never said that corona is a hoax. Corona is still a very serious illness, which is very dangerous for some people. That's also my opinion. Many people has already died with corona, which is very sad and regrettable. As Ryk said: I can understand your reaction cause you come from Italy.

@Jammer, @TheRyk, @ZeSmasher and maybe Honcho:
Thank you for supporting the freedom of speech. This should never be lacking or suppressed in a democracy. I think most of you understood what I wanted to say.

@Groepaz, @Medicus, @Nordischsound:
I think you misunderstood a little what I wanted to say in the scroller.

Thatswhy i will try to explain the background of making that demo:

But first some info´s about me, if you don´t know me:
I´m a german man and live in SchleswigHolstein/Germany.
I love traveling, partys, beer, all kind of c64-stuff.
And i just doing my job, pay taxes and my rent like the most of you.
But i also like our freedom and democracy.

I´m a german, thatswhy i can only write about german corona case numbers and other german stuff. I don´t know enough about thinks in other countrys.

corona suxx, yes !

I was and am a supporter of the measures ordered by the German Government from March to May 2020. I think that was right and important because there were very good reasons for it.

I heard last week that the German government is planning a second shutdown due to rising infection numbers. This shutdown would make almost anything i like and i need impossible - again and partly not just temporary.

So I went to find out what these new high numbers of infections mean and where they come from.

There are a lot of opinions, videos, TV reports, newspaper articles on this subject, some of which are seriously contradicted.

I found a german video very interesting ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_MYKYJ1qHg - timecode 6:50 ...), but i was still skeptical.
For this reason, I thought that I would make my own opinion through my own research. I took the official numbers from the german Robert Koch Institute (www.rki.de) and checked whether what Dr. Schiffmann said in his video was true.
And it is really true. The PCR-Tests are not 100% accurate and this error rate inevitably results in false positives. In addition, the number of tests has almost doubled since June 2020. The sensitivity of the PCR test was also increased to cover possible gene sequences from other countries. These two facts automatically cause an increase in the number of cases, if only by the error rate of the tests.
The german Health Minister "Jens Spahn" himself has admitted it, but increasing the tests is still being pushed.

Ok, the results of my research are that we have case numbers in Germany at the moment, which could be almost entirely due to the error rate of the PCR test.

And I have a big problem with that.
Due to (and only because of) the Corona pandemic, the fundamental rights were and are being repealed in Germany and many orders were and are issued that limit the daily life and the exercise of many jobs.
But on the basis of the official case figures, this requirement has long since ceased to exist.

I now have many questions that I simply cannot logically answer:
* why are we still left in the belief that corona has epidemic dimensions in Germany? The latest official case numbers from the Robert Koch Institute say otherwise.
* why is the fear in the population of Germany maintained by politics and the media, even though the chance of infecting itself is statistically very low ?
* why is the population of Germany still being forced to wear completely useless and even permanently harmful masks.
* why are German fundamental rights still restricted, on what basis?

Guys, really take 30 minutes and look at the official case numbers and test numbers of the German Robert Koch Institute and form an unbiased opinion from it. Just do it.

I am very shaken by what is happening here and that's why I had to do a demo with a thick stinkfinger.
This was true of the current policy of the German government and NOT the Corona victims or those suffering from Corona.

CU
2020-08-26 20:45
chatGPZ

https://www.psiram.com/de/index.php/Bodo_Schiffmann

\o/
2020-08-26 20:58
GI-Joe

And what does this have to do with the official case numbers of the RKI I wrote about ?
Hey, you are a coder, you should calculate some numbers. I know, you can do that ;p
2020-08-26 20:59
chatGPZ

some numbers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czzrPQIg54Q
2020-08-26 21:07
iAN CooG

I tell you why the cases are rising again: because people like you egoistically only think about themseleves and pretend they are free to do whatever and go wherever they want despite the pandemic, and don't care about it while they manage to avoid the contagion.

The tests are not 100% accurate because they haven't really yet figured this damn virus 100%. Better a false positive than a false negative IMHO, if anything after 2 weeks with no illness one can try again the test and see there was nothing.
There is still no vaccine, if there will be ever one: some people even managed to get infected a second time after recovering a first infection. Remember HIV? There is still no vaccine after decades. It's not something you can joke around about.

There are not only "rights" in your life, but also duties. It's your duty to save YOUR and YOUR DEARS lives, to follow the guidelines, to be careful and wear masks always when in public with others, washing your hands etc.

> completely useless and even permanently harmful masks.

OMG. Another very stupid thing to say, karen. I can't believe I have to read such idiocies.
2020-08-26 21:10
chatGPZ

Quote:
Better a false positive than a false negative IMHO

this. and - lucky enough - false negatives are rare.
2020-08-26 21:11
GI-Joe

like i wrote earlier
Quoting GI-Joe
There are a lot of opinions, videos, TV reports, newspaper articles on this subject, some of which are seriously contradicted.

You can spread tons of video-links and i can do that too.
But the only common truth should be the official case numbers of the german Robert Koch Institute ....

Anything else in this context is only opinion-making and scientifically ineffective.
2020-08-26 21:24
chatGPZ

You started with posting a link to one of those "corona is harmless" clowns. the one i posted on the other hand presents hard scientific facts. this isnt about "opinions".
2020-08-27 02:27
Frantic

Not sure if this thread has anything to do with C64 or the C64 scene whatsoever. Doesn't seem like that to me. :)

Close thread?
2020-08-27 19:09
TheRyk

Don't know why anything slightly controversial must result in call for *close fred*. BTW even moving release comments to forums doesn't make sense as the comments clearly referred to the entry's scroll and I've never understood why moderators think that's the way to de-escalate or prevent drama.

Personally, I don't share the conclusions GI-Joe draws from the tests' inaccuracies.

On the other hand, forbidding the demonstration in Berlin (though I'd never go there and had some arguments with people who sympathise with these protests) is wrong imho. Especially in Germany it would have been better to allow the demonstration, maybe make anti-demonstration and maybe fine/arrest people who violate current legislation including wearing masks. Banning the demo will only fuel the fire of those who claim government is instrumentalizing the pandemic to do law and order policy and weaken democracy. Even totally anti-democratic weirdos can play the martyr of democratic rights now.

And BTW autocrats would LOVE Germany and other EU countries not taking their own medicine but pointing out human rights violations in Poland, Hungary, Turkey, Belarus, Russia, USA... you name it. Gives a kinda hypocritical image.

... 26 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Chico/Civitas
cba
Fred/Channel 4
Tim/Silicon Limited
Mason/Unicess
Twilight/Excess/Arcade