Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #889 : Blaze
2006-08-10 08:23
Zyron

Group id #889 : Blaze

"Founded in April 1991" it says, yet Mr. Ammo & Mr. Mouse joined in 1990. What is correct?
I'm trying to sort out the mess of the 3 different Blaze's in the database.

One is from Switzerland & doesn't seem to have anything to do with the other 2. (Blaze)

Another Blaze was founded by ex-members of Ironstyle & started with the members Extract, Cobalt, Twogether (2getha) & Mad.
This probably happened in late 90/early 91 so I first assumed it could be the group which later released the mag Addybook but since none of these 4 members are found in any of their releases I start to doubt it.

The 3rd one is Blaze, the only known member is Macumba which isn't listed in any production from the other Blaze's so I believe this is a group of its own.

So, the real question is if Blaze (which this topic is about) was founded in 90 or 91.
And if it started with the members Extract, Cobalt, Twogether & Mad or if that's another Blaze founded around the same time.

Sorry for a somewhat messy post but my head is a bit messed up cause of this :)

Edit:
Until someone can answer I've created another Blaze, this can be corrected later whenever some info turns up.

Edit again:
As if this wasn't enough Bloodsuckers were in coop with a group called Blaze in 1988, yet another Blaze?
The only member I've seen mentioned is listed in Muna Jailla:
KWK/Blaze+BSK
Postlagernd
2401 Hamberge
West Germany
2006-08-16 17:31
TWR
Account closed

Relax, you're starting to sound like the mother of my kids. :-D It's not the whole world...
2006-08-16 17:46
TDJ

Quote: Relax, you're starting to sound like the mother of my kids. :-D It's not the whole world...

So she's interested in scene history too? ;-)

Zyron, I feel your pain, a few years ago I was this active trying to get a clear picture of the Dutch demoscene in the 80's .. almost drove me crazy.
2006-08-16 18:31
chatGPZ

i wasnt even able to accuratly research the vision history for that matter, even when i *should* know that stuff first hand :=P
2006-08-17 07:05
TWR
Account closed

Quote: So she's interested in scene history too? ;-)

Zyron, I feel your pain, a few years ago I was this active trying to get a clear picture of the Dutch demoscene in the 80's .. almost drove me crazy.

Once again... You really are a funny guy. Where do you get all this stuff from? Comedy at it's best.
2006-08-17 08:05
TDJ

Quote: Once again... You really are a funny guy. Where do you get all this stuff from? Comedy at it's best.

I dunno man, I make lame jokes here, I make lame jokes in real life, it's what I do. Some people hate me for it, others put up with it because appearantly I have a decent side too. I just choose not to show it on csdb ;)
2006-08-17 11:50
TWR
Account closed

Quote: I dunno man, I make lame jokes here, I make lame jokes in real life, it's what I do. Some people hate me for it, others put up with it because appearantly I have a decent side too. I just choose not to show it on csdb ;)

Hey, you don't have to explain. Keep on joking if you find it amusing, as I said... You are good for a laugh. :-)

EDIT: Zyron will now tell us to shut it or lock it up. :-D
2010-12-16 22:04
Rough
Account closed

Currently there a three groups called Blaze in CSDb

The Swiss from 88/89, who later became founding members of Future Concepts
The German from around 91 who did Addybook
The German from 90 who became Ironstyle
is the first thing to emend: Blaze was not founded by former Ironstyle members but vice versa, the guys like Mad, Cobalt etc. were members of Blaze, then did Ironstyle (which were in co-op with my friends from Austrian Brand-X later) and then joined The Ancient Temple

Macumba is listed within the Swiss Blaze currently which is very probably wrong. It wasn't common that small local groups had abroad members those days. Maybe he's been in the Blaze which was also in co-op with Bloodsuckers (not in CSDb anymore, aswell as KWK/Blaze+Bloodsuckers)
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
tlr
Martin Piper
Guests online: 122
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)