Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #47904 : Joe Gunn Preview
2007-03-24 19:01
Oswald

Release id #47904 : Joe Gunn Preview

Now what was the fucking idea with releasing this? Showing your packer using, cruncher and introlinking skills? Triad was the name for quality for me. Now Triad equals a bunch of fucking lamers not being able to do anything but put intros in front of non protected games, games that are not even finished, games that are made for fun, and for free. You didnt even needed a first supplier, just downloaded it added an intro... for what fucking reason?

Stop being lame and releasing shite under the triad label.

... 104 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-03-26 18:56
Trazan

Quote: Trazan,

yeah sorry for being so ignorant and only realising in 2007 that the illegal scene was just a bunch of pathethic thieves :)

and for Fungus, join the retro gaming scene, where the big BS is. You dont realise that the demo scene makes the history since the 2nd half of the nineties, as your so beloved PARASITE scene has nothing left to munch on, but a few ppl making games for free. Feel free to think that stealing something is more creative than creating something, and that the c64 scene is all about ripping others off.

Oh, I never did call you ignorant - I just asked if you actually knew a bit about the scene you complain about?

I guess I can clearly say that there IS no illegal scene, hasnt been for years. Competition is gone. Whats left is alot of ppl who did once provide us with a scene blooming with releases and the race to be the best.

Triad did good putting out a preview noone would most likely ever see - selfish or not, they did a good job by judging from Twoflowers comments about the release with bugtesting.

If the effort was to make a 3 minute introlink or put down hours of bugtesting is not of interest here - You still fail to see the tradition of a Scene you never did take part in live on?!

I love this...but it should be illegal.
2007-03-26 19:27
Oswald

the concept of spreading a game is nice, however in 2007 sending a mail around needs no effort. Or may I introlink triad releases any time when I send them to a friend?

btw, whats the point in bugtesting/bugfixing a preview?
2007-03-26 19:31
Trazan

To me, hell yes, introlink anything you wish you.
it only proves you still dont know what the "illegal" scene was about.

I request you to introlink Cucumber Juice 2 and release. And Im serious about it.
All you have to do, is stand up for your deeds.
2007-03-26 19:49
Moloch

Excellent, my supply of this preview has caused so much chaos that I'll make sure to supply a few more shortly.

Enjoy.
2007-03-26 19:59
taper

By now, Oswald has put more energy into whining about a minor release than it took us to introlink AND play it. So, I think we all know what Oswald thinks. Thanks for sharing, eventhough you're more than a decade too late.

Others have stated that they like it, and would never have laid eyes on the preview if we didn't spread it around. Thus, taste differs.

Most people who aren't interested would refrain from downloading and spending their energy on something that did not interest them. But not Oswald, he was born a cranky bitch.

Also I find it quite amusing that Oswald acts like Triad never release anything but small introlinked previews. Let me spell it out for you; This was hardly a major release for us. We release demos, graphics, music and bigger games on a steady basis. And an occasional small preview, that you can just ignore in case you don't like it. Take a look on what Triad released just during the last year, and compare it to what Resource put out. It doesn't take a genious to see what group is the most active.

If you were half as active coding as you are whining, you would be a hell of a lot more useful for the scene. However, I don't expect your activity to ever match the size of your mouth.

Whatever stupidity that comes out of Oswald's mouth next, for me this topic is closed. I will not invest as much energy as Oswald has in this discussion, as I simply don't agree with him - or think it's a matter big enough to waste time on. We do what we have done for ages, and we quite frankly don't give a fuck what someone who never was involved in the cracking scene at any time in history think about that.
2007-03-26 20:23
JackAsser

Why isn't my Eye of the Beholder preview intro linked, debugged and tested?!? I AM OFFENDED!!! ;) (Well, seriously I know why.. ;) BUT STILL!!)
2007-03-26 21:07
Krill

What i find very interesting is that very few people actually seem to be capable of a mature discussion. And this pretty much fits the picture with the whining about getting old that i witness on irc pretty often.

Anyways, the only halfway acceptable argument i've seen here was the thing that releasing the preview like this gives it some attention it wouldn't have gained otherwise. But then, wouldnt it be enough to just upload/link the vanilla game here, just like that, without any intro or so?

And i really would like to know why EOB preview wasnt introlinked so far.. :) Maybe because it was already linked here? Or because there are some personal reasons, just because Jackasser knows certain people personally? :)
2007-03-26 21:11
TDJ

I don't care about previews, never have, never will, but that also means that it doesn't bug me at all that they are released in the form they are.

But what I don't get is the sudden 'demoscene bashing'. In my eyes there is much more creativity in that scene than in the cracking scene. I might be wrong, but hey, I call 'm as I see 'm ;)

Also, bringing forward that opinion is even stranger considering that we're talking about Triad here, about the most creative demo-group today. Fungus my man, I love you, but next time try not to attack a whole group of persons just because one of us says something you don't agree with, pretty please?
2007-03-26 21:46
Jazzcat

Oswald's stupidity is just lack of experience. He can be forgiven for this. He is also known for his whining on many other topics also, some of which I even agree with. But when someone states things about something they have clearly no understanding of. It does get a little ridiculous.

Some of the comments here give me further motivation for releasing Recollection and sharing our memories, not in the hope making people convert to a certain way of thinking but to justify the position of a group of people. A tradition.

I'm really surprised by the lack of knowledge these days or maybe it is more the GAP between sections in the scene, it used to be so much closer back in the nineties even. Now the seperation appears greater than ever.
2007-03-27 01:31
A Life in Hell
Account closed

Quote: In our case, releasing previews (and full games too) isn't solely about training and introlinking even if it might look that way. Please be aware that for each release we make, several hours is spent on playing through the game looking for bugs and errors occuring both from tampering with the game and bugs which were present in the original. Take Stranded for example, where a quite dumb bug made it impossible to see the endsequence. Without testing the game for hours with and without trainers, this bug wouldn't have been noticed. In the case of Joe Gunn, we've been three people testplaying the great little game, exploring most options, for 2-3 hours each. I firmly believe such efforts are worth something.

See, I actually find myself siding with the illegal scene on this one - odd, I know, but I really do find a value in shit like bugfixing, trainers, onefiling, and so on. But then, maybe I'm just an idiot who has nothing to contribute.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Martinland
Dr. Doom/RAD
Guests online: 155
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)