Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > Pixelite HTML5/JS pixel editor
2018-07-14 20:00
jailbird

Pixelite HTML5/JS pixel editor

Still struggling to find an okay pixel editor for Linux, so I decided to create one on my own.

Here's a preview of what have I done in 5-6 hours. It's full of shit, but the basics are working. At least on Chrome.

https://pixelite.idevele.com/

I am quite rusty in JS/frontend (basically I rely on jQuery to get stuff done), so if anyone feels like helping me out, here's the repo:

https://github.com/csisztaiarnold/pixelite

... 15 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2018-07-17 07:14
Dr. TerrorZ

Quote: Heh. Seems that everyone is doing something similar. I recently spent some time porting Dr. TerrorZ's Multipaint Metal Edition to Javascript via frankensteined ProcessingJS+JS. The current result can be found at https://tnsp.org/~ccr/mp/

Wow ccr, I didn't know that. Nice work, it might help those who hate Java.

I'm also first to say Multipaint is not an all-round "editor", it's more of a paint program for making single screens in the standard modes.
2018-07-17 08:41
jailbird

@ccr, @Dr. TerrorZ: Lovely work from both of you! Multipaint is the pixelling tool which came the most close to my needs.

What I miss from it is a 1:1 preview window when I am in zoom mode, different zoom levels, inverting the ditherbrush (ie. "raster" in MP), a pipette, and a support for larger canvases. Any chance for adding these features in a later version?
2018-07-17 09:47
Dr. TerrorZ

Multipaint has a pipette, press comma "," key or middle mouse button while hovering over the area. It doesn't have a corresponding icon as it is not a separate tool.

A preview window is coming to the next version, but at least at first it won't be a true floating window. It will still help in the magnify mode.

Inverting the dither, I think I could add that also. I guess I could also change my terminology as "rasters" are so clearly a different thing. :)

There are 2 zoom levels (key "m" and "M"). I know a seamless zoom would be more modern but it never occurred to me as I don't personally like that so much, and probably won't be adding it in near future.

Large canvases might be doable, but the program was never really meant for that. I've been improving the messy code slowly towards enabling that among other things, but it won't be coming anytime soon.
2018-07-17 11:57
ccr

Quote: Wow ccr, I didn't know that. Nice work, it might help those who hate Java.

I'm also first to say Multipaint is not an all-round "editor", it's more of a paint program for making single screens in the standard modes.

I was about to e-mail you about this one of these days, but then this topic came up here. :)
2018-07-18 21:31
jailbird

Quoting Seven
Unfortunately doesn't work one bit in most recent Firefox.
Fixed. For some reason, FF can't zoom canvases with the zoom css property, god knows why. Everything else seems to work just fine.
2018-07-19 14:29
subjik

Nice work Jailbird, will keep following this!

Also great news ccr, I've been using Dr. TerrorZ's Multipaint and while I don't (severely) hate Java I haven't been able to get the button graphics working anymore on MacOS even with the tips provided. Hence, browser version is very welcome :)
2018-09-08 02:11
ccr

As it may be of some interest to some people, I thought to inform ye all that my browser/Javascript port of Multipaint is now (mostly) at feature-parity with the latest Multipaint 2018 release from Dr. TerrorZ. I've also implemented the things (PNG/JPEG/etc export and import) that were previously missing from my port.

The demo can be found from https://tnsp.org/~ccr/mp/ as stated previously in this thread. Naturally you can also run it completely locally in your browser by cloning the Mercurial repo.
2018-11-19 13:04
raphis
Account closed

Wow, Multipaint in webbrowser is all I need!!!
Is it possible to add load/save file as png, just like in stand alone version?
2018-11-19 14:25
ccr

If you had read the notes thoroughly, you'd have noticed that PNG/JPEG import already exists, as does PNG export. (Keys 'e' and 'ctrl+e' respectively. There is no clickable icon for these, unfortunately.)
2018-11-19 15:53
raphis
Account closed

My fault, I didn't read it :p
Now I can use MP in Linux with no issues, that's a huge improvement!
Thank you so much!!!!
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Xiny6581/Dees Produc..
Ervin/Abaddon
Andy/AEG
Guests online: 137
Top Demos