Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > Speech-Synthesis
2005-09-04 17:18
Bamu®
Account closed

Speech-Synthesis

Hi,

There are only few people, who used ring-modulation to simulate Speech....
I even want try it, but unfortunately I don't have any idea how this works
Before I waste time by testing I ask here: Is there someone with knowledge?

Btw: Is there someone who can tell me, what the voice in AGEMIXER'S song "Da Shit (Eastwood Jack's Red..)" says?

... 149 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2021-10-26 17:26
Jammer

Speaking of 'traditionsl' synth speech - bandpass filtering helps a lot with emphasizing phonemes :) As JCH tested once - it might even save one channel with quite satisfying results. Still, it's no filter for anything else, unless it can share setting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZOnXX5p7Yo
2021-10-26 19:33
morphfrog

When speaking about speech synthesis we cant miss to mention Viznuts serie of Vic20 demo like robotic liberation, with singing ! just wow.
2021-10-31 07:09
Agemixer

Hi guys, while composing "BassOnAVajo" i recognized SidWizard can drive the resonance value each call! This could be a significant use to create more realistic one-channel speech.

While in good use, i believe it COULD be the most significant multispeed parameter for vocals... but i could be wrong.. havent tested it but just roughly, and it seems to have less difference between SID versions compared to other filter parameters.

Along with other waveform / pitch driving parameters + ADSR triggering ofcourse.

Who is teh first one? Happy testing! :D
2021-10-31 09:29
Jammer

Quoting Agemixer
SidWizard can drive the resonance value each call!

So can Goat Tracker ;)
2021-11-02 11:15
Linus

Quote: Hi guys, while composing "BassOnAVajo" i recognized SidWizard can drive the resonance value each call! This could be a significant use to create more realistic one-channel speech.

While in good use, i believe it COULD be the most significant multispeed parameter for vocals... but i could be wrong.. havent tested it but just roughly, and it seems to have less difference between SID versions compared to other filter parameters.

Along with other waveform / pitch driving parameters + ADSR triggering ofcourse.

Who is teh first one? Happy testing! :D

Since the resonance on SID chips is not very strong I am not sure it can be utilized as much as you might think, tho. It would be a whole different story if it could self oscillate, of course.
2021-11-12 23:44
2bt

Jammer's Happy Tree Friends is very impressive. I presume it's all handcrafted sounds, is that correct?

For some time I have been trying to generate something intelligible directly from speech audio. It's a hard problem, my results are actually rather disappointing. It looks like the model SAM uses, i.e. one voice for the pitch plus two synced voices for formants, is about as good as it's gonna get. The challenge is finding the best parameters (frequencies of these three voices) given an speech signal to recreate. It's kind of a bummer that the SID doesn't offer direct volume control here.

Has anyone else tried generating speech from speech audio?
2021-11-12 23:53
JackAsser

Quote: Jammer's Happy Tree Friends is very impressive. I presume it's all handcrafted sounds, is that correct?

For some time I have been trying to generate something intelligible directly from speech audio. It's a hard problem, my results are actually rather disappointing. It looks like the model SAM uses, i.e. one voice for the pitch plus two synced voices for formants, is about as good as it's gonna get. The challenge is finding the best parameters (frequencies of these three voices) given an speech signal to recreate. It's kind of a bummer that the SID doesn't offer direct volume control here.

Has anyone else tried generating speech from speech audio?

The trick imo is to display the text on screen synched. Then you’ll get away with almost anything.
2021-11-13 22:21
2bt

Haha, I guess that's true. But I really want to aim higher than that!
2021-11-13 22:35
chatGPZ

Quote:
The trick imo is to display the text on screen synched

this :)
2021-11-15 17:17
acrouzet

That SAM speech is impressive! Now I'm thinking about how a 2xSID tracker that would let you add a SID vocal track might work.
Previous - 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
MCM/ONSLAUGHT
Didi/Laxity
pcollins/Quantum
Medicus
apprentix
Gildan Jondal/Suicyc..