Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in 
CSDb User Forums


Forums > CSDb Bug Reports > database bug?
2018-10-14 22:35
Groepaz

Registered: Dec 2001
Posts: 8889
database bug?

strange thing, noticed it with Combat Crazy +7 and Combat Crazy +7H - both entries are correctly credited to Master (released by).

now, if you add new release, and enter "combat crazy" as name, it will (correctly) find those two releases.

BUT - if you just search for it in the regular search, they will NOT get displayed (WTF).

additionally, if you look at the scener entry of Master - its not there either! (WTF)

edit: and it doesnt show on the frontpage either :)
 
... 19 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....
 
2018-10-16 19:36
Groepaz

Registered: Dec 2001
Posts: 8889
"We have had Super CPU, C128 and IDE64 categories for ages."
and those should have been eliminated instead of adding more nonsense on the pile.
"When a new system is ready it will be an easy job to sort the separated categories into the mainframe."
nope, it will be a manual job for someone to look at every single entry and choose the right releasetype.
"If they weren't separated thew would be harder to find"
nope, the info was already in the filenames - and moving those into the proper db entries would be the matter of writing a simple script.
2018-10-16 19:49
hedning

Registered: Mar 2009
Posts: 1812
Quote: "We have had Super CPU, C128 and IDE64 categories for ages."
and those should have been eliminated instead of adding more nonsense on the pile.
"When a new system is ready it will be an easy job to sort the separated categories into the mainframe."
nope, it will be a manual job for someone to look at every single entry and choose the right releasetype.
"If they weren't separated thew would be harder to find"
nope, the info was already in the filenames - and moving those into the proper db entries would be the matter of writing a simple script.


It's not that easy. Many [easyflash] tags are still there due to the zip in the release consists of normal release, EF release and d81 etc smashed together, so you can't trust the tags. And yes: they should have their own entries, but I am tired of this now. Will focus on stock c64 releases.

And yes, Groepaz, I believe you are right, but as it looks like right now it will take a long time until someone implements your very good idea.
2018-10-16 19:50
Groepaz

Registered: Dec 2001
Posts: 8889
then the entry is simply wrong in the first place. it doesnt change the fact that you are removing from the database, and then fixing it later will take lots of manual work thanks to that.

and most importantly - this change does _NOT_ provide any advantage over using the tags in the name. zero.
2018-10-16 19:56
hedning

Registered: Mar 2009
Posts: 1812
Quote: then the entry is simply wrong in the first place. it doesnt change the fact that you are removing from the database, and then fixing it later will take lots of manual work thanks to that.

and most importantly - this change does _NOT_ provide any advantage over using the tags in the name. zero.


Took me an hour, will take another hour later then when someone fixed the system. OK with me. Call me when it's time.
2018-10-20 18:22
Groepaz

Registered: Dec 2001
Posts: 8889
Also now you cant enter the various flags for cracks (videomode, release proper etc etc) anymore for easyflash releases....

GOOD WORK, HAS IT'S MOMENTS!
2018-10-20 18:25
hedning

Registered: Mar 2009
Posts: 1812
Quote: Also now you cant enter the various flags for cracks (videomode, release proper etc etc) anymore for easyflash releases....

GOOD WORK, HAS IT'S MOMENTS!


Yes you can. Just call it a c64 crack for a while, save, and then change to EasyFlash.
2018-10-20 18:56
Groepaz

Registered: Dec 2001
Posts: 8889
yeah how convenient!

what did this change improve exactly? so far its only worse, in every aspect >_<
2018-10-20 18:57
hedning

Registered: Mar 2009
Posts: 1812
Quote: yeah how convenient!

what did this change improve exactly? so far its only worse, in every aspect >_<


I have a theory that you need to have the last word. Lets test it. :D
2018-10-20 19:16
Mr Ammo

Registered: Oct 2002
Posts: 141
Quoting Groepaz
Also now you cant enter the various flags for cracks (videomode, release proper etc etc) anymore for easyflash releases....
You can call Hedning once the system is fixed, to fix these entries. Shouldn't take him more than an hour.
2018-10-20 19:36
hedning

Registered: Mar 2009
Posts: 1812
Quote: Quoting Groepaz
Also now you cant enter the various flags for cracks (videomode, release proper etc etc) anymore for easyflash releases....
You can call Hedning once the system is fixed, to fix these entries. Shouldn't take him more than an hour.


Nah, should be entered just like normal. We do that with imported demos and stuff since ages anyways.

BTW. Lovely to see that you guys that edit and add so much to the database care about this. <3 Keep up uploading, Mr Ammo!
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
alwyz/udi
Alakran_64
Skate/Plush
Linus/MSL^OXY^Fossil
Brataccas/HF
Guests online: 24
Top Demos
1 Uncensored  (9.7)
2 Comaland 100%  (9.7)
3 Unboxed  (9.7)
4 Edge of Disgrace  (9.7)
5 Coma Light 13  (9.6)
6 The Shores of Reflec..  (9.6)
7 Old Men in Used Cars  (9.6)
8 Wonderland XII  (9.6)
9 Lunatico  (9.6)
10 C=Bit 18  (9.6)
Top onefile Demos
1 Official X2018 Report  (9.6)
2 FMX Music Demo  (9.6)
3 Daah, Those Acid Pil..  (9.6)
4 Arok 20 Invitation  (9.6)
5 Merry Xmas 2017  (9.5)
6 Rewind  (9.5)
7 Crystal Gazer  (9.5)
8 Pandemoniac Part 2 o..  (9.5)
9 Party Horse  (9.4)
10 Dawnfall V1.1  (9.4)
Top Groups
1 Oxyron  (9.4)
2 Booze Design  (9.4)
3 Censor Design  (9.4)
4 Finnish Gold  (9.3)
5 Crest  (9.3)
Top Logo Graphicians
1 Mermaid  (9.3)
2 Pal  (9.2)
3 Elko  (9.1)
4 Yazoo  (9.0)
5 Jailbird  (8.9)

Home - Disclaimer
Copyright © No Name 2001-2018
Page generated in: 0.072 sec.