Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Ignore User?
2021-10-08 17:57
Six

Ignore User?

How about a way to edit toxic people out of the experience? Ignore their comments, votes, forum posts, one-liners, and block them from sending PM?

... 13 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2021-10-09 16:03
Frantic

Quote: That's what I was looking for, thanks - if it also edited their downvotes out of the experience as well, it'd be perfect.

That would be a way to identify anonymous voters. I'm not saying that in order to take a stance in how things should work on CSDB — just pointing it out.
2021-10-09 17:10
Six

There's actually already a way to do that. You just need to have some idea who it is and you can confirm it using nothing but CSDB's own features. (Not that I would need it to know who my own down-voter is, they've made a pathetic public spectacle of themselves enough times to remove any doubt.)

What I'd suggest is letting the user set a default for whether all or only public votes are part of their experience. Knowing that the person they hope to bother won't see the fruits of their labor would probably discourage most of the trolls.
2021-10-09 18:25
bugjam

Actually I like that suggestion! Should be rather easy to implement as well, I would guess
2021-10-09 18:27
hedning

Quote: There's actually already a way to do that. You just need to have some idea who it is and you can confirm it using nothing but CSDB's own features. (Not that I would need it to know who my own down-voter is, they've made a pathetic public spectacle of themselves enough times to remove any doubt.)

What I'd suggest is letting the user set a default for whether all or only public votes are part of their experience. Knowing that the person they hope to bother won't see the fruits of their labor would probably discourage most of the trolls.

That's now how voting works. Not even on a state level. ;) My suggestion is to remove votes completely from csdb and just keep on archiving. Seems people just care too much about votes. Who cares. Do what you like to do, and care only about comments (which you can ignore).
2021-10-09 18:43
CreaMD

Quote: That's now how voting works. Not even on a state level. ;) My suggestion is to remove votes completely from csdb and just keep on archiving. Seems people just care too much about votes. Who cares. Do what you like to do, and care only about comments (which you can ignore).

Votes matter because they produce lists of suggestions for visitors. Removing them wouldn't be beneficial, unless we added some different metrics for charts, for example number of downloads, or replaced voting by likes ;-).
2021-10-09 20:13
Six

And the way they work now just seems to encourage the grossest people in the community to use the voting system as a way to harass people they don't like.
2021-10-09 20:17
Adam

Quote: There's actually already a way to do that. You just need to have some idea who it is and you can confirm it using nothing but CSDB's own features. (Not that I would need it to know who my own down-voter is, they've made a pathetic public spectacle of themselves enough times to remove any doubt.)

make all voting anonymous or just get rid of it entirely, as hedning suggested. I doubt much will ever happen. I don't think I'd like to see voting removed, it can be useful to gauge how a given release is doing. I would like to see all voting made anonymous, but I feel like we're getting into old territory playing the same ol' record on repeat.
2021-10-09 20:24
hedning

Quote: make all voting anonymous or just get rid of it entirely, as hedning suggested. I doubt much will ever happen. I don't think I'd like to see voting removed, it can be useful to gauge how a given release is doing. I would like to see all voting made anonymous, but I feel like we're getting into old territory playing the same ol' record on repeat.

<Post edited by hedning on 9/10-2021 21:01>

One big problem is that some people think a 7 or 8 is a "downvote". Sure, 2 or 3 might be, but 8? Nah. Seen it way too often.
2021-10-09 20:30
Adam

Quote: One big problem is that some people think a 7 or 8 is a "downvote". Sure, 2 or 3 might be, but 8? Nah. Seen it way too often.

yeah, it's a downvote - depending on how large your ego is. :D strange stuff. for everyone else, that's pretty good. :)
2021-10-09 20:43
Shine

For a brief moment I thought that the voting system would be discussed again... .. . :D
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
A3/AFL
Krill/Plush
Martin Piper
Remdy/Dentifrice
Guests online: 123
Top Demos