Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Questions > Found a note of a non-listed group from a floppy
2020-02-26 15:10
astro
Account closed

Found a note of a non-listed group from a floppy

I bought a C128 set with a drive and a bunch of disks some 10+ years ago and basically just stashed it in the basement and forgot about it. Recently the nostalgia bug bit me once again and I decided to dig it out, refurbish and get it up to date for some light coding and stuff.

The first disk I popped in was Last Ninja 2 (ikari) and I noticed it also has a couple of demos from the group Mechanix and also some directory notes from a Finland based group(?) called Axiom, which does not seem to exist on CSDB. There are plenty of Axioms and the Axiom-1 group listed, but this one had an address and a phone number in Finland.

Is something like this worth adding anywhere?

Judging by the labels and liners, I don't think the previous owner was a scener of any sort, it's just your basic 3-6 random games per side type of collection. Is something like this worth dumping to d64 or going through in hopes of lost treasures of some kind? There seems to be some business-stuff on some of them, but those are likely PC disks.
2020-02-26 21:27
hedning

All disks would be great to have transferred to d64. Can you do it yourself?
2020-02-27 08:28
astro
Account closed

Yeah I can do it once I get my SD2IEC in working order, there's maybe 50-100 disks, not a huge effort.

Some of the labels say "Anssin Levy" in case some Anssi misses his collection :)

I have a hunch my own old personal collection may have somehow ended up in DDT's (RIP) hands because the lennu.rar dump contains disks that have private notes to me from people that are not him, some disks that appear to contain some of my workfiles and other suspiciously familiar content. I wasn't in touch with him back then, only until later in life, and now it's too late to ask. Would be fun to know how those ended up there..
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
AlexC
St0rmfr0nt/Quantum
hedning/G★P
Macs/Powerzone
kbs/Pht/Lxt
icon/The Silents, Sp..