Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user hllerena78 ! (Registered 2019-08-20) You are not logged in 
CSDb User Forums


Forums > CSDb Discussions > Unban JSL 3
2019-08-14 16:13
Oswald

Registered: Apr 2002
Posts: 4431
Unban JSL 3

well I'd have liked to see what is the general opinion on JSL, also it would have been interesting to see how many want him back in here, I dont even know why he was banned , I was hoping to learn these things from the original thread. Guess noone thinks csdb is moderated by votes.
 
... 35 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....
 
2019-08-16 21:09
Carrion

Registered: Feb 2009
Posts: 242
Quote: Hey JSL, we are talking about you, as if you are a scientific project. This thread should be closed, imo.

totally agree.
but just adding my 2 €cents...
We love everyone, but if you are threatening a person(s)/scene - then - OUT!
He screwed really bad so no DB access allowed.
If he is still doing pixels to help in with his illness - good for him -and I guess someone could upload them here as ,like it or not, proper c64 scene productions.

all the best to you JSL!
now let's move along...
2019-08-16 21:09
hedning

Registered: Mar 2009
Posts: 2355
Quote: totally agree.
but just adding my 2 €cents...
We love everyone, but if you are threatening a person(s)/scene - then - OUT!
He screwed really bad so no DB access allowed.
If he is still doing pixels to help in with his illness - good for him -and I guess someone could upload them here as ,like it or not, proper c64 scene productions.

all the best to you JSL!
now let's move along...


+1
2019-08-16 21:28
Shine

Registered: Jul 2012
Posts: 250
Quoting hedning
Ok. Quoting myself: "There is no such thing as a lifelong ban. On the other hand, why let anyone in again without them showing any regrets or understanding why they were banned in the first place.? What we usually get is threats and querulant demands to get in again. I think you understand why that is not helping very much."

So that means a permanent ban is for an amount of time only? I can't follow your logic here a bit. You say that there is no "lifelong" ban, but then you doubt that an unban is possible without (deep) understanding, of his own mistakes. Hmm.

Quoting hedning
CSDb Shit. Does that look like a mature way of understanding your own shortcomings and the very reason you got banned?

I can understand you... this is not a wise way to get unbanned. People who don't understand are not suited to let in again.

Quoting hedning
And another thing: Why should we let anyone in again because other people want that? JSL has his own voice, and if he want to contact us, he has all the power to do that himself. We handle grown up (yeah, yeah) people here that could speak for themselves.

I simply asked in the very first thread to think about this permanent ban.

Special case: JSL's ban
General case: Permanent ban

My thoughts are simply as possible:
Is a temporary ban before a permanent ban not better in almost any cases?
2019-08-16 21:33
hedning

Registered: Mar 2009
Posts: 2355
Quote: Quoting hedning
Ok. Quoting myself: "There is no such thing as a lifelong ban. On the other hand, why let anyone in again without them showing any regrets or understanding why they were banned in the first place.? What we usually get is threats and querulant demands to get in again. I think you understand why that is not helping very much."

So that means a permanent ban is for an amount of time only? I can't follow your logic here a bit. You say that there is no "lifelong" ban, but then you doubt that an unban is possible without (deep) understanding, of his own mistakes. Hmm.

Quoting hedning
CSDb Shit. Does that look like a mature way of understanding your own shortcomings and the very reason you got banned?

I can understand you... this is not a wise way to get unbanned. People who don't understand are not suited to let in again.

Quoting hedning
And another thing: Why should we let anyone in again because other people want that? JSL has his own voice, and if he want to contact us, he has all the power to do that himself. We handle grown up (yeah, yeah) people here that could speak for themselves.

I simply asked in the very first thread to think about this permanent ban.

Special case: JSL's ban
General case: Permanent ban

My thoughts are simply as possible:
Is a temporary ban before a permanent ban not better in almost any cases?


<Post edited by hedning on 16/8-2019 21:35>

I just tried to state that we have had no single sign of a sincere try to rejoin csdb since his ban. And you begging is not relevant for the cause at all. So these threads are useless and irrelevant, really.

Example: Would you join the US forces to fight ISIS if enough people voted that you should, or would you like to join by your own free will?
2019-08-16 21:35
Shine

Registered: Jul 2012
Posts: 250
I don't begging at all.
I asked only a simple question!

You make a story of it! :)
2019-08-16 21:39
hedning

Registered: Mar 2009
Posts: 2355
Quoting Shine
What about to unban JSL after this really long time?
I know, he made big fouls with some of his comments.
But i guess he learned his lesson on this hard way.

I would give him a very last chance. Please think about it.
2019-08-16 21:41
Shine

Registered: Jul 2012
Posts: 250
You missed my question:

Quoting Shine
...What do you guys think?
2019-08-16 21:43
Shine

Registered: Jul 2012
Posts: 250
But i have to agree ... this kind of conversation is not useful. We all have our views. And i can accept others aswell.
2019-08-16 22:29
ZeSmasher

Registered: Feb 2003
Posts: 346
Quote:
Example: Would you join the US forces to fight ISIS if enough people voted that you should, or would you like to join by your own free will?

yeah, useless discussion. but now it's a pity if thread will be deleted, since that example was epic! :) lol. Shine, I vote you should join US-Forces as original supplier :)
2019-08-16 22:37
Shine

Registered: Jul 2012
Posts: 250
I usually "crack" my own originals by myself. I don't give it to Trump. He has more money than me... :)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Alakran_64
Speedball/Cyber Design
Røly/MYD^STHD^TSA
Don Kichote/Samar Pr..
MaD ][/Starship
Lynx/ΤRIΛD
Guests online: 56
Top Demos
1 Unboxed  (9.7)
2 Uncensored  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)
4 Edge of Disgrace  (9.6)
5 Comaland 100%  (9.6)
6 The Shores of Reflec..  (9.6)
7 Lunatico  (9.6)
8 Wonderland XII  (9.5)
9 C=Bit 18  (9.5)
10 Old Men in Used Cars  (9.5)
Top onefile Demos
1 LSR 64 V0.31  (10)
2 Smile to the Sky  (9.5)
3 Dawnfall V1.1  (9.5)
4 Crystal Gazer  (9.5)
5 Daah, Those Acid Pil..  (9.5)
6 Rewind  (9.5)
7 Instinct  (9.5)
8 Pandemoniac Part 5 o..  (9.5)
9 Innervasion  (9.4)
10 Bad Boy  (9.4)
Top Groups
1 Fossil  (9.8)
2 PriorArt  (9.7)
3 Performers  (9.6)
4 Oxyron  (9.4)
5 Censor Design  (9.4)
Top Coders
1 ZeroPaige  (9.8)
2 Axis  (9.8)
3 Graham  (9.8)
4 CRT  (9.8)
5 Crossbow  (9.8)

Home - Disclaimer
Copyright © No Name 2001-2019
Page generated in: 0.07 sec.