Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > The Train by Beastie Boys
2021-09-19 06:11
Paladin

The Train by Beastie Boys

So I was curious as to why Starman of Active Cracking Crew is credited for the crack on both +4 imports for the Beastie Boys releases of The Train +4 and The Train +4 ? At the end of the Beastie Boys intro they state "Original Cracked by: ESI"

Anyone have any insight on this? The only reason I ask is I came across this release while archiving tonight and had started to create a new entry because the information I had was different than what the database had.
2021-09-22 17:18
Radd Maxx

What exactly is it that you have? It might help to crack this nut.

Starman is credited in the Db entry because the version of The Train that the Beastie Boys used in their +4 trainer says STARMAN/ACC all over the high score screen. You are correct though that the BB intro credits ESI for the crack and there's no other mention of ACC. Starman has several crack credits under ACC so my guess is an assumption was made that he was the cracker.

You can also find the Starman/ACC version in these imports: The Train and The Train. Neither one has any further insight into this. These are not imports of BB's +4 trainer, so there is some sort of original Starman/ACC release out there that's not in the Db. Maybe a lost ACC import of the ESI crack?

This one: The Train +4 is a Hungarian import of the Beastie Boys trainer. The scroll text looks, to me (a dumb Yankee), to just be docs and there doesnt appear to be any importing group credited. Maybe someone else can find something there.
2021-09-22 19:34
Paladin

Sorry Radd Maxx, I should have been a little more clear in my post. I happened across the same version as The Train +4 unfortunately, so I don't have any further proof that ESI should actually be credited for the crack. The reason I say I was about to add it was because BB credited ESI in their intro for the crack. At that time I did not see an entry for BB+ESI for this game so I assumed I found a new version. I did notice STARMAN all over the high scores as well but just trusted what the BB intro said a bit more...

Thanks for responding, I figured you would be the one who might know a bit more about this than myself :)

The search continues...
2021-09-25 11:12
Mason

The correct dump is the Beastie Boys releases doesn't contain the Starman/ACC hiscore
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Didi/Laxity
celticdesign/G★P/M..
Guests online: 100
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)