Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Spreading the prods
2022-12-02 00:09
ws

Spreading the prods

I entered the scene in 1987 at the rank of a copyslave, i guess, i cannot go into details but that is how it was. You guys made the warez, spreaders had tha contact books (i still got mine from my amiga days) and there were disks to copy. Obviously once you got beyond a manageable amount of contacts and sendings (packets with disks) per day, you needed help.
Obviously, there were other people at school who wanted the free stuff, so you recruited them: in the "DO NOT TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS!" fashion. You get nX disks per week and you need to make copies of 'em. Deliver at the end of each week and you get more. Stories anyone?

Only story i have is that we (local lamer group) once were called to show up at the customs office for a 50 disk (amiga) import from austria. "What is this?" they asked. I do not remember the exact exchange, but we told them "it is just software we need". "Just games.." and they were okay with it. No fees, no more questions.

Oh and also one copyslave lamer buddy of us was of the talkactive kind and subsequently got busted. All of us (10 guys) were like copiers and sub spreaders for .. i actually don't know who. They were older.

It was fun, though. Stamp faking and all that stuff. Lamer business.
2022-12-02 11:00
tomz

Spreading the products in the mid 90s was fun but hectic I remember stamps and hairspray(Im a firm beleiver in recycling) and the best thing I recall were all the new friends we made.So many new ctx came into my life and I rarely watched the TV due to lack of time.Imadesome great friends and recall the Aussie scene helping me a lot guys like Shockwave/System and well as Vengeance and Jazzcat of Onslaught. There were many others and I will alwys be gratefull for their guidance.
tom
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fungus/Nostalgia
Zardax/Artline Designs
Guests online: 117
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)